當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第132期:Keep You on Your Toes

一分鐘英語 第132期:Keep You on Your Toes

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.28W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

We have already learned the expression "tiptoe around something," which means to avoid directly expressing something.

我們已經學過“迴避某事”,表示避免直接表達某件事。

Keep you on your toes

保持警惕

Does this idiom have a similar meaning?

這個表達有同樣的意思嗎?

How do you like your new Arabic class?

你覺得你的新阿拉伯語課程怎麼樣?

Oh, it's tough! The teacher gives us so many unexpected tests.

好難啊!老師會進行好多次意想不到的測驗。

一分鐘英語 第132期:Keep You on Your Toes

Wow, your class sounds tough!

哇,聽起來好難啊!

Yeah, but it keeps you on your toes.

是的,不過它會讓我保持警惕。

You have to be prepared for each and every class.

你必須每節課都要做好準備。

If something "keeps you on your toes," it keeps you alert, aware and ready to act.

如果某件事“使得你保持警惕,”你就會警戒心很高,準備隨時採取行動。

A person can begin to run or jump more quickly and easily if their weight is on their toes.

如果某人把重量放在腳趾上,他就會輕鬆快速地跑或跳。

That is where this expression comes from.

這就是今天這個表達的來源。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!