當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 昨晚我看到了真愛大綱

昨晚我看到了真愛大綱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.27W 次

Despite the cliché title,
儘管這是一個爛俗的標題
I truly witnessed a love that brought me to tears
但我確實親眼見證了一段感情,讓我熱淚盈眶
when I got home from work last night.
那是昨天晚上,下班回家的時候
I work as a waiter at a hotel.
我在一家酒店做服務
Last night
昨晚
this elderly(Late 60's/Early 70's), seemingly wealthy couple came into the restaurant
有一對年老(大約六七十高齡),看起來十分闊綽的夫妻走進了酒店餐廳
and my co-worker seated them.
我的同事引導他們落座
We usually do our own tables,
通常我們只爲自己負責的桌子提供服務
but because we were so busy last night
不過昨晚我們都太忙了
we helped each other out.
我們也爲彼此幫忙
At one point
這時
the elderly couple signaled to me
那對老夫妻示意讓我過去
that they were ready to order.
表示他們準備好點餐了
Once again we were super busy
再說一次,那時我們忙得不可開交
I usually find it rude when people go out of their way to make their order,
每次有客人大費周章的點餐,我總覺得有些失禮
but once I took their order I understood why.
但我爲他們下單時,我明白了其中的原因
The husband began ordering
丈夫開始點菜
and started stuttering to an extent I've never heard before
說話結結巴巴,我從沒聽過有人說話這樣含混不清
It was very clear
很明顯
that he had a speech disorder.
這人有語言障礙
I could tell
我能斷定
the wife had told her husband very extensively what she wanted,
妻子已經非常詳細的告訴了丈夫自己想要吃什麼
as a way for him to practice ordering.
想用這種方式幫助他訓練說話能力
It took a while for him to order,
男人花了很長時間點菜
and in the meantime
在那時
she was sitting there
妻子坐在他身旁
and she looked so proud
看上去無比驕傲
and content
神情愜意
despite her husband's immense stammering.
儘管她丈夫結結巴巴,十分嚴重

昨晚我看到了真愛