當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 一顆勇敢的心

一顆勇敢的心

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.17W 次

As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats.
火車開始緩緩加速,乘客們挨個兒在座位上坐定。
I reserved the lower berth , so that I could enjoy the beauty of out side from the moving train.
我預購了下鋪的車票,如此一來,火車向前行駛的時候,我就可以欣賞窗外的風景了。

一顆勇敢的心

I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat.
我也不知道自己爲什麼總是偏愛靠窗的位子。

An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine.
一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。
I looked at her.
我看了看她。
She must be in her eighties, I guessed.
這大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜測。
At one point, we met our eyes.
偶然的,我們四目相接。
She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response.
她對我報以微笑,我也彬彬有禮的表示回禮。
Both of us were silent.
我們倆都沒說話。
By that time, the train was in its full speed.
這時,火車正全速前進。
It was 4:50 pm, evening time.
那時的時間是下午4點50分。
So, bed time was still in a long way.
離睡覺的時間還早着呢。
I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?'
我實在忍不住寂寞,就問道,“阿姨,您這是到哪兒去呀?”
She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.'
她看看我,友好的說:"我到軍營裏去,親愛的。”
Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?'
我頓時興致倍增,更想刨根問底了。我禮貌的問,“您去拜訪什麼人嗎?”
She smiled triumphantly and said, 'Yes!'
她露出自豪的微笑,說到“沒錯。”
Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood,
我還不想住嘴,一副興高采烈的樣子對她說,


'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.'
“阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孫子,您一定很高興。“
Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered,
聽到我的問題,她似乎有些被戳到痛處,但她還是寬容的答道,


'Oh, dear! You are so sweet!
“哦,親愛的,你太好了。


Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army
不過,我只有一個兒子參軍


and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before.
就在幾天前,他在一場恐怖襲擊中去世了。


I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him.
我還給他買了這麼多衣服,準備過冬穿呢。


So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers,
所以,我就想,爲什麼不把給兒子的衣服送給其他的士兵呢


so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it.
這樣一來,我的悲傷或許會減輕一些,看到他們穿着這些衣服,就像我自己的兒子穿着一樣,我一定會很高興。

He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.'
他還是個單身漢,所以我還沒有孫子呢。”
I was stunned hearing her heart breaking story!
她的故事簡直讓人心碎,我目瞪口呆!

But I saluted the old lady from the core of my heart.
可是,我又從心底生出對這位老婦人的敬意。

I was thinking of her brave heart!
我想,她的心多麼堅強呀!