當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:一顆勇敢的心

雙語美文:一顆勇敢的心

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.05W 次

As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats.

雙語美文:一顆勇敢的心

火車開始緩緩加速,乘客們挨個兒在座位上坐定。


I reserved the lower berth , so that I could enjoy the beauty of out side from the moving train.

我預購了下鋪的車票,如此一來,火車向前行駛的時候,我就可以欣賞窗外的風景了。



I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat.

我也不知道自己爲什麼總是偏愛靠窗的位子。



An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine.

一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。


I looked at her.

我看了看她。


She must be in her eighties, I guessed.

這大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜測。


At one point, we met our eyes.

偶然的,我們四目相接。


She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response.

她對我報以微笑,我也彬彬有禮的表示回禮。


Both of us were silent.

我們倆都沒說話。


By that time, the train was in its full speed.

這時,火車正全速前進。


It was 4:50 pm, evening time.

那時的時間是下午4點50分。


So, bed time was still in a long way.

離睡覺的時間還早着呢。


I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?'

我實在忍不住寂寞,就問道,“阿姨,您這是到哪兒去呀?”


She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.'

她看看我,友好的說:"我到軍營裏去,親愛的。”


Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?'

我頓時興致倍增,更想刨根問底了。我禮貌的問,“您去拜訪什麼人嗎?”


She smiled triumphantly and said, 'Yes!'

她露出自豪的微笑,說到“沒錯。”


Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood,

我還不想住嘴,一副興高采烈的樣子對她說,



'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.'

“阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孫子,您一定很高興。“


Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered,

聽到我的問題,她似乎有些被戳到痛處,但她還是寬容的答道,



'Oh, dear! You are so sweet!

“哦,親愛的,你太好了。



Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army

不過,我只有一個兒子參軍



and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before.

就在幾天前,他在一場恐怖襲擊中去世了。



I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him.

我還給他買了這麼多衣服,準備過冬穿呢。



So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers,

所以,我就想,爲什麼不把給兒子的衣服送給其他的士兵呢



so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it.

這樣一來,我的悲傷或許會減輕一些,看到他們穿着這些衣服,就像我自己的兒子穿着一樣,我一定會很高興。



He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.'

他還是個單身漢,所以我還沒有孫子呢。”


I was stunned hearing her heart breaking story!

她的故事簡直讓人心碎,我目瞪口呆!



But I saluted the old lady from the core of my heart.

可是,我又從心底生出對這位老婦人的敬意。



I was thinking of her brave heart!

我想,她的心多麼堅強呀!