當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章15

經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章15

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.17W 次

‘May be a bit late now, but do you.want to go anyway?’

ing-bottom: 56.09%;">經典科幻文學:《 基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第2章15

“或許已經晚了點,不過你還是想去嗎?”

Tricia was stunned.

崔茜卡驚呆了。

‘Mr. Martin? You mean Andy Martin at NBS?’

“馬丁先生?你是說NBS的安迪?馬丁?”

‘That’s correct, lady. Screen test for USIAM.’

“正是,女士。去《早安美國》試鏡。”

Tricia shot up out of her seat. She couldn’t even bear to think of all the messages she’d heard for Mr. MacManus and Mr. Miller.

崔茜卡一躍而起。想到剛纔所有那些給馬克馬努斯先生和米勒先生的口信,她差點壓不住火氣。

‘Only we have to hurry,’ said the chauffeur. ‘As I heard it Mr. Martin thinks it might be worth trying a British accent. His boss at the network is dead against the idea. That’s Mr. Zwingler, and I happen to know he’s flying out to the coast this evening because I’m the one has to pick him up and take him to the airport.’

“只不過咱們得趕緊了。”司機說,“我聽說,馬丁先生覺得應該找個英國口音試試。但他的老闆堅決反對。他老闆是茨威格勒先生,我恰好知道他今晚就要飛去東海岸,因爲待會兒要去接他然後送他去機場的就是我。”

‘OK,’ said Tricia, ‘I’m ready. Let’s go.’

“好吧。”崔茜卡道,“我準備好了。咱們走吧。”

‘OK, lady. It’s the big limo out the front.’

“好吧,女士。就是門口那輛大轎車。”

Tricia turned back to Gail. ‘I’m sorry,’ she said.

崔茜卡轉向蓋爾。“抱歉了。”她說。

‘Go! Go!’ said Gail. ‘And good luck. I’ve enjoyed meeting you.’

“去吧!去吧!”蓋爾道,“還有,祝你好運。跟你談話很愉快。”

Tricia made to reach for her bag for some cash.

崔茜卡伸出手,想拿包付賬。

‘Damn,’ she said. She’d left it upstairs.

“見鬼。”她說。包還在樓上。

‘Drinks are on me,’ insisted Gail. ‘Really. It’s been very interesting.’

“今天我請客。”蓋爾堅持道,“真的。一切都很有意思。”

Tricia sighed.

崔茜卡嘆了口氣。

‘Look, I’m really sorry about this morning and…’

“你瞧,今天早上的事兒我真的很抱歉……”

‘Don’t say another word. I’m fine. It’s only astrology. It’s harmless. It’s not the end of the world.’

“什麼也別說了。我很好。只不過是占星術,沒什麼害處。又不是世界末日。”

‘Thanks.’ On an impulse Tricia gave her a hug.

“謝謝。”衝動之下,崔茜卡給了她一個擁抱。