當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第15章10

經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第15章10

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.12K 次

Suddenly she turned and faced him, her face dark with anger.

經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第15章10

突然她轉身面對他,憤怒得臉色發黑。

She brandished the watch at him. ‘You don’t understand that there’s somewhere this belongs? Somewhere it works? Somewhere that it fits?’

她衝他揮舞着手錶,“你就不明白嗎?這東西也有個家!它能在那兒派上用場!它就屬於那兒!”

She turned and ran again. She was fit and fleet-footed and Arthur could not remotely keep up with her.

她再次轉身跑開。她身體好,腳步又快,阿瑟想跟上她半點希望也沒有。

It wasn’t that he had not expected being a father to be this difficult, it was that he hadn’t expected to be a father at all, particularly not suddenly and unexpectedly on an alien planet.

並不是說他沒料到做父親會那麼難,問題是他根本沒料到自己竟然會當上父親,尤其又是在外星,而且還這麼突然而然,事先毫無徵兆。

Random turned to shout at him again. For some reason he stopped each time she did.

蘭登又轉過身來朝他吼。也不知道爲什麼,每到這時候他都會停下來。

‘Who do you think I am?’ she demanded angrily. ‘Your upgrade? Who do you think Mum thought I was? Some sort of ticket to the life she didn’t have?’

“你以爲我是誰?”她怒氣衝衝地問,“你的升級版?你以爲媽媽當我是誰?一張車票嗎?幫她過一回自己失去的生活?”

‘I don’t know what you mean by that,’ said Arthur, panting and hurting.

“我不知道你這話是什麼意思?”阿瑟痛苦地喘着氣。

‘You don’t know what anybody means by anything!’

“你不知道任何人的任何話是什麼意思!”

‘What do you mean?’

“你什麼意思?”

‘Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!’

“閉嘴!閉嘴!閉嘴!”

‘Tell me! Please tell me ! What does she mean by saying the life she didn’t have?’

“告訴我!請你告訴我!她說她失去的生活是什麼意思?”

‘She wished she’d stayed on Earth! She wished she hadn’t gone off with that stupid brain-dead fruit gum, Zaphod! She thinks she would have had a different life!’

“她後悔沒留在地球上!她後悔跟那個腦癱的白癡大蠢蛋贊福德走!她以爲自己本來可以過上另一種生活!”

‘But,’ said Arthur, ‘she would have been killed! She would have been killed when the world was destroyed!’

“可是,”阿瑟說,“那樣她就會死的!地球毀滅的時候她就會死了!”

‘That’s a different life isn’t it?’

“這也是另一種生活不是嗎?”

‘That’s…’

“這……”

‘She wouldn’t have had to have me! She hates me!’

“那樣她就不必生下我!她恨我!”

‘You can’t mean that! How could anyone possibly, er, I mean…

“你怎麼能這樣想,怎麼能有人,呃,我是說……”