當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:一日吸狗 終身復吸!

雙語美文:一日吸狗 終身復吸!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.28W 次

I woke up with drool on my pillow this morning.

雙語美文:一日吸狗 終身復吸!

早上醒來時,我發現枕頭上有一灘口水


I wouldn't have minded except it wasn't mine.

或許我不應該介意,可是那不是我的口水


The alarm clock rang,

鬧鐘響了起來


I reached over to turn it off,

我探身過去關掉了它


and then as I laid my face back down on the pillow

接着躺回牀上,臉埋進枕頭裏


I felt the wet, slimy drool on my pillow case.

我感到枕頭上又溼又粘的口水已經流到了臉上


I opened my eyes

我睜開眼睛

 

and saw a smiling, panting, furry face gazing down at me.

看到一張毛乎乎的臉盯着我微笑,嘴巴直喘氣


 I tried to get up but she was too fast.

我想要坐起身,可是她動作太快了


My face was suddenly covered in kisses

我的臉突然被一陣親親湮沒

 

with one slurp going straight up my nostril

其中一吻,它的舌頭徑直戳到了我的鼻孔裏


and another right in my ear.

還有一吻,舌頭舔到了我的耳朵裏


I laughed, reached out,

我大笑起來,伸手去撫摸它


picked up the 8 pound love machine

把這隻8磅重的激情動物抱住

 

and held her away from my dripping face.

讓她碰不到我溼漉漉的臉


It was just another morning in a life with dogs.

這只是養狗人士的一個尋常的早晨


Why do we welcome these guys

爲什麼我們要歡迎這些動物


into our homes and into our hearts?

住進我們的家裏,走進我們的心裏?


We know going in that

我們知道,一日狗黨,終身狗黨 


we are most likely going to outlive them

他們很有可能在我們之前死去

 

and have our hearts broke

讓我們心碎

 

But thousands of years now dogs have been our best friends.

可是早在數千年以前,狗狗就已經成爲人類的好朋友了


They remain one of the greatest gifts ever given to us.

他們是我們被賜予的最好的禮物之一


And even if they can't love us for the rest of our lives,

即使他們對我們的愛無法延續到我們生命的最後一天


 they will always love us for all of theirs.

卻會貫穿他們一生的每一天


I think one of the hardest things for me to do

對我來說,最艱難的事情之一

 

was take my little Jamie to her first few days of day care/preschool.

就是帶我的小Jamie去狗狗幼育中心的最初那幾天


It was a heart melting thing that no parent can do easily.

那真是一件令人心碎的事情,沒有那個狗狗家長能夠輕易辦到


The first day we pulled into the parking lot

第一天,我們剛在停車場停好車


and when I looked at Jamie

我看着Jamie


she starts to cry then I start to cry.

她哭了起來,接着我也哭了起來


After a couple days of cutting school

我們不得不曠課了幾天

 

we were both determined to succeed the next week.

但我們都下定決心,在下個星期,一定要成功適應


We drive over about 6 times that weekend

那個週末,我們來來回回去了六趟幼育中心


and on the last one I had an idea.

對最後一趟行程的窘境一無所知


There was a big muddy lot next to the day care.

原來,幼育中心旁邊的停車場裏滿是泥漿


Monday morning comes and we were ready.

週一早上來臨,我們已經準備好了


All proud and confident we head to The Day care.

我們開車前往幼育中心,心裏滿滿的驕傲和自信


I noticed a bunch of parents staring at us

我發現一羣狗狗家長盯着我們

 

and there must have been 20 little noses pressed against the classroom windows.

起碼有20只小小的鼻子抵在教室的窗戶上看着我們


We were little celebrities.

我們儼然是小明星


As I am leaving

當我準備離開的時候,


 I crank it up and say I love you James

我裝作開心的大聲說,我愛你Jamie


 have fun today

玩得開心!


and all the kids wave bye to me.

中心所有的小狗狗都向我搖尾告別


No tears no tears no tears.

別哭,別哭,別哭!


Jamie was the only child that didn't cry that week.

Jamie是那個星期唯一一隻沒有哭的小狗


When the day came to remove her from D/C

當我們告別幼育中心的那一天到來的時候


I was told by most the staff that

幾乎所有的員工都對我說


Jamie was a well behaved inspiration to all the other kids

Jamie一直表現的很好,是其他狗狗們的榜樣

 

and will be greatly missed for the rest of the year.

它離開之後,大家都會非常想念它


The way I see it is that 

這件事情給我的啓示是


make sure you have your share of fun in life

在生活中一定要有自己的樂趣 


cause you're darn sure to have your share of the other

因爲,毫無疑問,你的生活中也會有痛苦


and try never to be afraid to do things your way.

走自己的路,永遠不要膽怯