當前位置

首頁 > 英語口譯 > 高級英語口譯 > 中高口備考:口譯聽力題常考習語(一)

中高口備考:口譯聽力題常考習語(一)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.78W 次

中高口備考:口譯聽力題常考習語(一)

1. take a rain check 改天


I can't play tennis this afternoon but can I take a rain check?
今天下午我不能去打網球了,但是我能改期再去嗎?

2. lost count 弄不清楚


Leaders and ministers met and called so many times that I have lost count.
兩國的領導人和部長之間還經常性會晤或打電話,次數之多,幾乎數不清了。

3. be in another world 精神恍惚;魂不守舍


Ever since he met Ann, he's been in another world.
自從他遇見Ann, 他就魂不守舍了。

4. make yourself at home 隨意,隨便


Take a seat please, make yourself at home.
請坐,隨便一點。

5. save your breath 省口氣吧;別白費口舌了


Save your breath while you still have some.
趁你還有點精力,省着點吧。

6. make sense 有意義,理解


Religion is an attempt to make sense of the world, but it does not try and do this in the way science does.


宗教試圖使這個世界變得更加有意義,但不會使用科學分析的方式來達成這個目的。

7. cost sb. an arm and a leg 非常昂貴


Her pearl necklace cost me an arm and a leg.


她的珍珠項鍊花了我一大筆錢。

8. burn a hole in one's pocket 很快地被花光


I bet he 'll spend all his money in a few days because the money is burning a hole in his pocket .


我敢說,不出數天他便會把錢花光,因爲他是個留不住錢的人。

9. fill one's shoes 很好地頂替;令人滿意地替代


I'll temporarily fill your shoes until you get back from your vacation.
在你度假回來之前,我會暫時接替你的職位。10. is ice cold 表示理所當然


-Do you miss me? -Is ice cold?
-你想我了嗎? -當然。

11. like apples and oranges 用來表示無法相比的事物


Men and women are like apples and oranges.
男人和女人是完全不同的。

12. hold one's tongue 保持沉默


"Hold your tongue, John, " his father rapped out.
“你別說話,約翰。” 他爸爸厲聲說。

13. lose one's train of 忘記


At around 10 seconds, users lose their train of thought and you risk losing their attention.
如果延遲達到 10 秒左右,用戶將失去耐心,您也就有可能失去這些用戶的關注。

14. meet each other half way 相互妥協,讓步


I don't see how I can pull this business through, Mrs. Mary. Let's meet each other half way.
瑪麗.我不知道怎樣才能把這生意做成.我們各讓一半吧,共同努力才能使我們前進一步。

15. on the dot 準時;正點


He always leaves work at six on the dot. He won't work an extra minute.
他六點鐘總是準時下班。他不會多工作一分鐘。

16. once and for all 最後一次;乾脆


The problem can be solved once and for all, if you do that.
如果你那樣做,問題就可能一勞永逸地得到解決。

17. out of earshot 不在聽力所及範圍


Save your breath. He's out of earshot.
省口氣吧,他聽不見。

18. out of this world 非常好


The meal of my mother's is out of this world.
我媽媽做的飯是世界上最棒的!

19. play by ear 隨機應變,視情形而定


When he is coming, I don't know what should be say, I will play by ear at that time.
我沒有時間準備這個會議,到時講到哪裏算哪裏。

20. ring a bell 令人想起某件事;聽起來耳熟


These names ring a bell, Detective?
這些名字聽起來熟悉嗎,警探?