當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 實用英語 > 英語常用關鍵詞彙

英語常用關鍵詞彙

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.65W 次

你曾經因爲一字之差而鬧笑話嗎?有哪些字是你刻骨銘心的慘痛經驗?你覺得有哪些關鍵字彙讓你頓足捶胸,或茅塞頓開?下面是小編給大家帶來的英語常用關鍵詞彙,歡迎大家閱讀參考,我們一起來看看吧!

英語常用關鍵詞彙

當考路考的考官說 pull over時,你是否會不知所措?有人邀請你叄加 Potluck Party時,你會不會空手赴宴?速食店裏,店員問「for here or to go?」你是否會丈二金剛摸不着頭腦,莫名其妙?Give me a ring! 可不是用來求婚的。 Drop me a line. 更非要你排隊站好。老美說「Hi! What's up!」你可別說「I am fine!」你曾經鬧過這些笑話嗎?讓我們來看看,這些字,「你怎麼說?」

Potluck Party :一種聚餐方式,主人準備場地和餐具,叄加的人必須帶一道菜或準備飲料,最好事先問問主人的意思。

Pull over!把車子開到旁邊。

Drop me a line!寫封信給我。

Give me a ring. = Call me!來個電話吧!

For here or to go?堂食或外賣。

cool; That's cool! 等於臺灣年輕人常用的囗語「酷!」

What's up? = What's happening? = What's new? 見面時隨囗問候的話「最近在忙什麼?有什麼新鮮事嗎?」一般的回答是「Nothing much!」 或「Nothing new!」

Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少來這一套!同學之間開玩笑的話。

Don't give me a hard time! 別跟我過不去好不好!

Get yourself together! 振作點行不行!

Do you have the time? 現在幾點鐘?可別誤以爲人家要約你出去。

Hang in there. = Don't give up. = Keep trying. 再撐一下。

Give me a break ! 你饒了我吧!(開玩笑的話)

Hang on. 請稍候。

Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。

What a big hassle. 真是個麻煩事。

What a crummy day. 多倒黴的一天。

Go for it. 加油

You bet. = Of course. 當然;看我的!

Wishful thinking. 一廂情願的想法。

Don't be so fussy2! 別那麼挑剔好不好。

It's a long story. 唉!說來話長。

How have you been? = How are you doing? 你過得如何?近來可好?

Take things for granted. 自以爲理所當然。

Don't put on airs. 別擺架子。

Wishful thinking. 一廂情願的想法。

Don't be so fussy! 別那麼挑剔好不好!

Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!

Have a crush on someone. 迷戀某人。

What's the catch? 有什麼內幕?

Party animal. 開Party狂的人(喜歡叄加舞會的人)。

Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass1. 討厭的東西、人或事。

Skeleton in the closet. 家醜

Don't get on my nerve! 別把我惹毛了!

Afat chance. =A poor chance. 機會很小。

Don't put on airs! 別擺架子!

I am racking my brains. 我正在絞盡腦 。

She's a real drag. 她真有點礙手礙腳。

Spacingout.=daydreaming. 做白日夢。

I am so fed up. 我受夠了!

It doesn't go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。

What's the point? = What are you trying to say? 你的重點是什麼?

By all means.=Definitely. 一定是。

Let's get a bite. = Let's go eat. 去吃點東西吧!

I'll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner)。 = It's on me. =My treat. 我請客

Let's go dutch. 各付各的

My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服

diarrhea 拉肚子

吃牛排時,waitor 會問 “How would you like it ?” 就是問「要幾分熟?」的意思,可以選擇 rare,medium 或 well-done.

I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!

May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人請你吃飯,你未能赴約,只好請他改到下一次。)

I am not myself today. 我今天什麼都不對勁!

Let's get it straight. 咱們把事情弄清楚!

What's the rush! 急什麼!

Such a fruitcake! 神經病!

I'll swing by later. =I'll stop by later. 待會兒,我會來轉一下。

I got the tip straight from the horse's mouth. 這個消息是千真萬確的(tip指消息)!

easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。

flunk out 被當掉。

take french leave 不告而別。

I don't get the picture. =I don't understand. 我不明白。

You should give him a piece of your mind. 你應該向他表達你的不滿。

hit the road = take off = get on one's way 離開。

Now he is in the driver's seat =He is in control now.

Keep a low profile (or low key)。 採取低姿態。

Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。

klutz (=clutz) =idiot 白癡、笨蛋。

know one's way around 識途老馬。

lion's share 大部份。

tailgate 尾隨(尤其跟車跟得太近)。

take a back seat. 讓步。

take a hike =leave me alone =get lost 滾開。

hit the hay =go to bed 睡覺。

Can you give me a lift? =Can you give me a ride? 載我一程好嗎?

green hand 生手、沒有經驗的人。

moonshine = mountain dew 指私釀的烈酒(威士忌)或的酒。胡說八道也可用 story is

plain moonshine.

chill out =calm down =rela(來自黑人英語)

rip off =steal;I was ripped off. 我被偷了;rip off 也常被用爲「剝奪」My right was ripped

off. 權利被剝奪(來自黑人英語)。

我們稱美國大兵爲G.I. (Government Issue) or GI Joe, 德國兵或德國佬爲Fritzor Kraut,稱英國佬爲John

Bull,日本人爲Jap.或Nip,猶太人爲Jew都是很不禮貌的稱呼。

mess around (with)瞎混;Get to work. Don't mess around.趕快工作,別瞎攪和。

snob 勢利眼。

sneak in,sneak5 out 偷偷溜進去,溜出來。sneakers 運動鞋。

She is such a brown-noser. 她是個馬屁精。

This is in way over my head. 對我而言這實在太難了。

I am an eam jitter6 and I always get a cramp7 in my stomach. 我是個考試緊張大師,一考試胃就抽筋。

Keep your study (work) on track. 請按進度讀書(工作)。

Did you come up with any ideas? 有沒有想到什麼新的意見?

Don't get uptight8 !Take it easy. 別緊張,慢慢來!

Cheese ! It tastes like cardboard. Cheese吃起來味如嚼臘!

Get one's feet wet. 與中文裏的「涉足」或「下海」,寓意相同,表示初嘗某事。 I am going to try dancing for the very first time. Just to get my feet wet.

美國總統到底是比爾。柯林頓還是威廉。柯林頓?吉米。卡特和詹姆斯。卡特是否同一人?根據語言學家William Safire的分析,美國多數政客都喜歡使用暱名代替他們原來的名字,如Bill就是 William的暱稱,Jimmy等於James等,好造成一種平易近人的形象

  擴展:E-mail地址中的符號@是什麼意思

That little "a" with a circle curling around it that is found in email addresses is most commonly referred to as the "at" symbol.

小寫字母a外加個圓圈,這一符號常出現在email(電子郵件)地址中,通常是作爲"at"(在)的標記。

Surprisingly though, there is no official, universal name for this sign. There are dozens of strange terms to describe the @ symbol.

然而令人感到驚奇的是,這一標記居然沒有官方的,通用的名稱。有幾十個奇怪的術語用來描繪@這一符號。

Before it became the standard symbol for electronic mail, the @ symbol was used to represent the cost or weight of something. For instance, if you purchased 6 apples, you might write it as 6 apples @ $1.10 each.

@這一符號在成爲電子郵件的標準符號之前,曾被用來表示物品的單價或質量。例如,你買6只蘋果。就可以寫成"六隻蘋果,每隻@$1.10,表示每隻蘋果1.10美元。

With the introduction of e-mail came the popularity of the @ symbol. The @ symbol or the "at sign" separates a person's online user name from his mail server address. For instance, Its widespread use on the Internet made it necessary to put this symbol on keyboards in other countries that have never seen or used the symbol before. As a result, there is really no official name for this symbol.

隨着電子郵件的使用,@這一符號越來越普及了。符號@或'at'標記將上網用戶的姓名與其郵件的服務器地址分開。例如:。 這一符號在因特網上的廣泛使用使得許多以前從未見過或使用過它的國家必須在它們的電腦鍵盤上加上這一符號鍵,結果造成這一符號並沒有真正的官方名稱。

The actual origin of the @ symbol remains1 an enigma2.

@符號的確切起源仍然是謎。

History tells us that the @ symbol stemmed from the tired hands of the medieval monks3. During the Middle Ages before the invention of printing presses, every letter of a word had to be painstakingly4 transcribed5 by hand for each copy of a published book. The monks that performed these long, tedious copying duties looked for ways to reduce the number of individual strokes per word for common words. Although the word "at" is quite short to begin with, it was a common enough word in tets and documents that medieval monks thought it would be quicker and easier to shorten the word "at" even more. As a result, the monks looped the "t" around the "a" and created it into a circle-eliminating two strokes of the pen.

歷史告訴我們,@這一符號起源於中世紀僧侶疲勞的雙手。中世紀時印刷機尚未發明,要出版一本書,每一個單詞的每一個字母都得用手工辛苦的刻出來。從事這項長時間辛苦謄寫刻畫的僧侶們就開始尋找減少每一個常用字筆畫數的方法。雖然"at"這一單詞開始寫起來很短,但它在文本和文件中頻繁出現。中世紀的僧侶們就想到如果能進一步簡化它,就可以寫起來更快更容易。結果,僧侶們就在a四周畫了一個圈,從而省卻了字母"t"的兩個筆劃