當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學) 第1期:Bits and bobs 七零八碎

The english we speak(BBC教學) 第1期:Bits and bobs 七零八碎

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.43W 次

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學) 第1期:Bits and bobs 七零八碎

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Feifei.

菲菲:大家好,歡迎來到“我們所說的英語”欄目。我是菲菲。

Neil: (Sounding distracted) Yeah, Hi, I'm err, Neil.

尼爾:(漫不經心地)嗯,大家好,我是,呃,尼爾。

Feifei: Neil, what are you.doing? Can we record this programme please?

菲菲:尼爾,你在做什麼呢?我們現在可以開始錄音了嗎?

Neil: Yes, sure, just a second. (Talking to himself) I still need to call the bank, turn off mobile data roaming, finish this script, buy mosquito repellent…

尼爾:好的,當然,就等一會兒。(自言自語)我還得給銀行打電話,關掉手機數據漫遊,完成這篇腳本,買防蚊劑。。。

Feifei: What are you talking about? We need to record this programme!

菲菲:你在說什麼?我們還得錄節目呢!

Neil: Yes, I know, just a minute. (Carrying on talking to himself) need to pick up the Euros, check-in, pack the bag…

尼爾:是的我知道,就等一下。(繼續自言自語)還得取點兒歐元,領登機卡,裝包。。。

Feifei: Neil! What on earth are you talking about?

菲菲:尼爾!你到底在說什麼?

Neil: Sorry Feifei. I'm trying to sort out some bits and bobs before I go on holiday tomorrow.

尼爾:對不起菲菲,我在理清楚我明天度假之前需要的一些“bits and bobs”的事情。

Feifei: Bits and bobs? What has Bob done? Why do you need to sort out Bob before you go on holiday?

菲菲:“bits and bobs”?關Bob什麼事?爲什麼你去度假之前要理清Bob的事情?

Neil: No, no. I don't mean I need to sort out 'Bob'. The word 'Bob' here is not a person.

尼爾:不不,我不是指要理清“Bob”的事情。“Bob”這個單詞在這兒不是指一個人。

Feifei: It's not a person? So what does 'bits and bobs' mean then?

菲菲:指的不是人?那“bits and bobs”是什麼意思?

Neil: In English, we use 'bits and bobs' to mean small things, or many different types of little jobs.

尼爾:在英語裏,我們用“bits and bobs”來表示小事,或者七零八碎的事情。

Feifei: Ah, so what you meant was you had a lot of small things to sort out before you go on holiday?

菲菲:啊,所以你剛纔是說你去度假之前有很多七零八碎的小事要理清?

Neil: Yes, that's right. Now let's hear some examples.

尼爾:是的。現在讓我們來聽一下例子吧。

A: What are you doing tomorrow?

A:你明天做什麼?

B: Nothing special, just a few bits and bobs.

B:沒什麼特別的,就是一些七零八碎的事情。

Mum: Alex, can you tidy up all your bits and bobs?

媽媽:艾利克斯,你能不能把你那些七零八碎整理乾淨?

Son: OK.

兒子:好吧。

A: Have you been to the shop round the corner?

A:你去街角的那家店了嗎?

B: No, I haven't. Is it good?

B:還沒去。那家店怎麼樣?

A: Aw, it's great – it sells all sorts of interesting bits and bobs.

A:好極了。那兒賣很多七零八碎的好玩玩意兒。

Neil: Do remember 'bits and bobs' is an informal saying so we wouldn't use it in a formal situation.

尼爾:一定要記住“bits and bobs”是一種非正式的說法,所以我們不在正式場合用它。

Feifei: Neil, what about the phrase 'bits and pieces'? Is it the same as 'bits and bobs'?

菲菲:尼爾,那“bits and pieces”這個短語呢?是不是和“bits and bobs”一樣?

Neil: Yes, 'bits and pieces' is another informal way of saying 'lots of small things'.

尼爾:是的,“bits and pieces”是另一種“七零八碎”的非正式說法。

Feifei: I see, so they are the same, thank you. (Panicking) Oh no, it's 7 o'clock. I need to go!

菲菲:我懂了。所以它們是一樣的。(慌張)噢不,已經七點了。我得走了。

Neil: But we need to finish recording the programme…

尼爾:但是我們還得錄節目。。。

Feifei: You can finish it Neil. I have to get all the bits and bobs for the party tonight before the shops close! Bye…

菲菲:你可以做完的,尼爾。我得在商店關門之前把今晚派對的一些七零八碎的東西買齊。拜拜。。。

Neil: Err, OK. Well, maybe we can just finish it tomorrow? (Talking to himself again) I have got the visa, still need buy travel insurance and a guidebook. Ooh, must remember to ring my mum…