當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第322期:暗箭傷人

迷你對話學地道口語第322期:暗箭傷人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.7W 次

迷你對話

迷你對話學地道口語第322期:暗箭傷人

A: Did you hear that Mary’s marriage is on the rocks?

你聽說了嗎,瑪麗的婚姻要破裂了。

B: So I hear.

我聽說了。

A: Yesterday I met Mary, and she told me her husband often made pass at his secretary.

昨天我遇到了瑪麗,她說他丈夫總是和他的祕書調情。

B: After all the crises they have survived together, her husband should do such things. She must feel that she’s been stabbed in the back.

在經歷了這麼多苦難之後,她的丈夫竟然做出這樣的事情。瑪麗一定是被丈夫在背上刺了一刀。

對話精講

第一、地道短語

stab in the back

1 解詞釋義

此語也可以用作stab somebody in the back,其字面意思是“在某人背上捅了一刀”,比喻爲“暗中使壞”或“暗地裏下毒手”。

2 支持範例

I was very hurt when Jane made those stupid remarks about me. I had not expected a stab in the back from her.

珍妮說了那些關於我的傻話令我很傷心。我沒想到她會背後說人壞話。

Such a vicious lie is nothing but a stab in the back.

這種惡毒的謊言完全是暗箭傷人。

I was taken aback and didn't think Mary would stab me in the Back. I placed too much trust in her.

我萬萬沒有想到Mary會在背後捅我一刀,我過去太信任她。

第二、詞海拾貝

1. on the rocks:毀壞,破產

e.g. Their marriage has been on the rocks for a couple of months.

他們的婚姻觸礁好幾個月了,已經瀕於破裂。

e.g. Did she have a hunch that my business is going on the rocks?

她是不是預感到我的生意要垮臺?

2. make pass at sb.:對某人作非禮舉動;(對某人)勾引;(向某人)調情

e.g. Men seldom make pass at girls who wear glasses.

男人很少會向戴眼鏡的姑娘們下手調情。

e.g. When I fond that a stranger began to make pass at me, I gave him a stern look and left.

當一個陌生男子開始向我調情時,我瞪了他一眼就離開了。

第三、 口語句型

Sb should do something.

釋義:某人竟然做某事。

講解should在這裏的意思是“竟然”。