當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習方法 > 常見英語情景對話

常見英語情景對話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.5W 次

不同的人在進行英語對話時,可能會有不同的聊天方式,聊天的話題也不盡相同。下面是本站小編給大家整理了日常英語情景對話,供大家參閱!

常見英語情景對話
  英語情景對話:打電話

簡在家嗎?Is Jane at home?

我想和托馬斯先生通話。I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。

接線員,我的電話斷了。Operator, I was cut off。

我需要打一個急救電話。I need to make an emergency call。

我會再打的。I’ll call back。

他什麼時候回來?When will he come back?

請給我接分機605好嗎?Can you put me through to extension 605?

如果他不在,請叫他的祕書來接電話。

If he’s not in, please ask his secretary to talk to me。

Making a Telephone Call

Clerk:Good morning. Wilson Association。

Brown:This is Mr. Brown speaking. I’d like to speak to Mr. Thomas。

Clerk:I’m sorry, but Mr. Thomas left here just a few minutes ago。

Brown:I’ve been trying to call him for the last ten minutes, but your line was busy. Will he be back soon?

Clerk:I’m afraid not. He is away for the rest of the day。

Brown:Is there other way I can reach him?

Clerk:I’m afraid not. He has gone out of this town on business. May I take a message?

Brown:I have a business appointment with him at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning, but I’m afraid I can’t make it。

Clerk:Would you like to make another appointment?

Brown:Unfortunately, I’m leaving here unexpectedly, and I may be away for several days。

Clerk:I see. I’ll tell Mr. Thomas that you’ve called。

Brown:Thank you。

  英語情景對話:接電話

喂!我是湯姆。Hello! This is Tom。

我就是。This is him。

哪位?Who’s speaking?

請稍等,我看他在不在。Hang on a moment, please. I’ll see if he’s in。

莉莉,有你的電話。 Lily, there’s a phone call for you。

抱歉,他不在。Sorry, he’s out。

他現在正忙着呢。He is tied up right now。

對不起,讓你久等了。I’m sorry to have kept you waiting。

我把電話給你轉過去。Let me transfer your call。

你要跟誰通話?Who do you want to talk to?

Answering the Telephone

Linda:Hello! Who is speaking?

John:Hello! This is John. I want to speak to Linda。

Linda:This is her。

John: Hi, Linda. I’m just calling to invite you to a dinner party tomorrow evening。

Linda:Really? What time and where?

John: 7:30 pm, at Longding Chinese restaurant. I’ll be at your place at 7:00 to pick you up if you need a ride。

Linda:Yes, please. I’ll need a ride. I’ll be waiting for you then。

John: See you tomorrow at 7:00. Make sure you dress a little formally. I heard the restaurant is kind of upscale。

Linda:Thank you. See you then。

John:See you。

  英語情景對話:戲劇學院

K: I want two tickets for The Hurt Locker tonight, please. How much are they?

K:兩張今晚《拆彈部隊〉的票,請問票價是多少?

T: 50 yuan a piece, but sorry it’s sold out. How about tomorrow night?

T: 50元一張,但是抱歉今晚的票賣完了,明晚怎麼樣?

K: Fine. Do you have anything in the first five rows?

K:好吧。有前五排的餘票嗎?

T: Yes. We do have a few seats available.

T:有,正好有餘票。

K: Are you free tomorrow night?

K:你明晚有空嗎?

J: Yes.

J:有空。

K: Two pieces, please.

K:兩張明晚的票。

T: Here you are.

T:給你。

J: What’s the film talk about?

J:這部影片是關於什麼的?

K: It is a war film about a United States Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team during the Iraq War. It’s a big box-office hit directed by Kathryn Bigelow5. As the war in Iraq continues, Staff Sgt. William James carries out one of the most dangerous of all military assignments: bomb defusing. While James thrives on the job’s risks, the head of his support team, Sgt. Sanborn, becomes increasingly worried by what he feels is a growing recklessness7) of James’ behaviour. Then, we should watch by ourselves.

K:這是一部關於伊拉克戰爭期間美國軍隊爆炸物處理小組的戰爭片。是由凱瑟琳畢 格羅導演的一部電影。伊拉克的戰爭在繼續,陸軍上士威廉詹姆斯擔負的任務 是軍隊所有任務中最危險的一種一拆彈。他因一次次涉險成功而意氣風發,但 拆彈組負責給他提供支援的軍士桑伯恩卻愈加憂心忡忡,因爲他感到詹姆斯的行 爲越來越表現出不計後果的魯莽。接下來,我們就要自己看了。

J: OK. Is Kathryn Bigelow your favorite director?

J:好吧。凱瑟琳畢羅格是你最喜歡的導演嗎?

K: No. My favorite director is Elia won two Academy Awards for Best Director, for Gentleman s Agreement and On the Waterfront . He was graduated from Yale University’s School of Drama3.

K:不是。我最喜歡的導演是伊萊亞卡贊。他因執導影片〈君子協定〉和〈在水邊》 兩次獲得奧斯卡最佳導演獎。他畢業於耶魯大學戲劇學院。

J: He is also my favourite director. He also directed A Streetcar Named Desire and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, two of the plays that made Tennessee Williams a theatrical and literary force. He also directed All My Sons and Death of a Salesman, the plays which did much the same for Arthur Miller.

J:他也是我最喜愛的導演。由他導演而成爲名作的話劇包括田納西威廉姆斯的(欲 望號街車〉和〈玻璃動物園〉以及阿瑟米勒的〈我的兒子們〉和〈推銷員之死〉。 這些劇目分別奠定了田納西威廉姆斯、阿瑟米勒在戲劇界、文學界的地位。

K: For actress, who is your favourite?

K:那女演員呢?你最喜歡誰?

J: My favourite actress is Meryl Streep. She is widely regarded as one of the most talented and respected movie actors of the modem era. She was also graduated from Yale School of Drama. Streep has received 16 Academy Award nominations, winning two, and 25 Golden Globe nominations, winning seven, more nominations than any other actor in the history of either award. Her work has also earned her two Emmy Awards, a Cannes Film Festival award, four New York Film Critics Circle Awards and five Grammy Award nominations.

J:我最喜歡梅麗爾斯特里普。她被公認爲是現代最有才華和最受人尊重的演員之 一。她也畢業於耶魯大學戲劇學院。她獲得16次奧斯卡獎提名,兩次摘得,25 次金球獎提名,7次摘得。在這兩個頒獎禮上她比其他任何演員提名的次數都多。 她同時還收穫了兩個艾美獎,一個嘎納電影節獎項,4個紐約影評人協會獎和5 項格萊美獎提名。

K: I am crazy about her.

K:我爲她而瘋狂。

J: You know, while at Yale she played a variety of roles onstage, from the glamorous Helena in A Midsummer Night’s Dream to an eighty-year old woman in a wheelchair in a comedy. “It was immediately apparent,” said then-dean Robert Brustein, “that she was destined for greatness.”

J:你知道嗎?她在耶魯大學時就已經在舞臺上扮演了各種各樣的角色,從 《仲夏夜 之夢》中迷人的海倫娜到一部喜劇中80歲的坐在輪椅上的老人。"真是立羊見影," 當時的院長羅伯特說,"她註定是偉大的。”

K: I like her film Out of Africa. It seems that we have much in common.

K:我喜歡她的電影《走出非洲〉。看來我們有許多共同之處。

J: Yes. We are both movie buffs. We enjoy the quite different sound effects and visual effects in cinema. And we are both from Yale School of Drama.

J:對啊,我們都是電影迷。我們享受電影院裏非同一般的音響和視覺效果。我們都 來自耶魯戲劇學院。

  >>>下一頁更多精彩“日常英語情景對話”  英語情景對話:電話留言

我能替您捎個口信嗎?May I take a message?

我會把口信轉達給他的。I’ll give him the message。

我會告訴他你來過電話。I’ll tell him that you called。

我會盡力和他取得聯繫的。I’ll do my utmost to make contact with him。

你可以給他留個口信,他一有空就給你打回去。You can leave him a message, and he’ll get back to you the moment he’s free。

請讓他給我回個電話。Please have him return my call。

我能留個口信嗎? Can I leave a message?

都是些不重要的事,不用留言了。It’s all about something unimportant, so there’s no need to leave a message。

Leaving a Message

Frank:This is Frank speaking. May I ask who is calling?

Jane:This is Jane. I would like to speak with Mr. Wang, please。

Frank:I’m sorry, he’s not here at the moment. He’s gone to the International Business Center。

Jane:When do you expect him back?

Frank:I’m not sure. He didn’t say when he’d return. If you’d like, you can leave him a message, and he’ll get back to you the moment he’s free。

Jane:Yes, thank you. When he gets back, please let him know that Jane called and I need him to call me back。

Frank:Does he have your number?

Jane:Yes, he does. But I’ll give it to you again, 5-2-6-4-4-5-3-6.

Frank:That was 5-2-6-4-4-5-3-6, right?

Jane:Yes. Thank you very much。

Frank:You’re welcome。

  英語情景對話:打錯電話

我準是撥錯號了。l must have dialed the wrong number。

這兒沒有這個人。Nobody here by that name。

對不起,你打錯了。Sorry, I think you have the wrong number。

我肯定你打錯電話了。I’m sure that you have the wrong number。

他也許是換新號碼了。對不起打擾了。

He probably changed to a new number. I’m sorry I bothered you。

你打錯電話了。請到電話簿裏去查詢正確的電話號碼吧。

You have dialed the wrong number. Please look up the correct number in the telephone directory。

對不起,打擾了。I’m sorry that I have disturbed you。

沒關係。That’s all right。

Dialing a Wrong Number

Frank:Hello!

Jane:Is Patti there?

Frank:I’m sorry, I’m afraid you’ve dialed the wrong number. There is no Patti here。

Jane:Wrong number? Are you sure? I called yesterday and she was there。

Frank:I’m sure you have the wrong number. This one has been my number for more than 20 years。

Jane:That’s impossible. I remember the number clearly. Isn’t this 763-4565?

Frank:No, it isn’t. It’s 736-4565. It seems you’ve misdialed。

Jane:Really? I’m so sorry I bothered you. I’ll try again。

Frank:That’s all right. This sort of thing happens all the time to everyone。

Jane:Yeah, I guess it does. Sorry again for bothering you。

Frank:No worries。

  英語情景對話:城市與大學

Z; What are you reading?

Z.你在讀什麼呢,安娜?

A: Oh, a book about the history of Cambridge. I'm reading the part named “Town and Gown”.

A:我在看一本關於劍橋歷史的書,正讀到“市鎮與學袍’’的部分。

Z: What does this phrase mean?

Z:這是什麼意思?

A: “Town” and “gown” are referring to the two distinct communities of a university town: “town” being the non-academic population and “gown" metonymlcally being the university community.

A:市鎮與學袍是指大學城裏面截然不同 的兩個羣體。市鎮”指的不槁學術 研究的普通市民,而"學袍當然是 指大學了。

Z: I see. Just like some ancient seats of learning such as Oxford, Cambridge and St. Andrews.

Z.我明白了。一些古老的大學所在地就 是這樣的大學城,比如牛津、劍橋和聖安德魯斯等等?

A: You’re right. Sometimes, the term is also used to describe modem university towns.

你說的對。有時候,這個也用來指代 現在的大學城。

Z: Perhaps this term came into being when the oldest universities in the world began to form. I guess it was in the Middle Ages?

也許這個詞是伴隨着世界上最古老的幾所大學的成立而產生的吧,是中世紀時

A: Yes. During that time, students admitted to the European universities often held minor clerical status and donned garb similar to that worn by the clergy. These vestments evolved into the academic long black gown, worn along with hood and cap.

A:是的。那時候,歐洲的大學生們常常會被安排一個無關緊要的神職,他們經常穿 着和神職人員相似的衣服。那種衣服經過長時間的演變,就漸漸變成了長長的黑 色學士袍,外加上垂布和一頂帽子。

Z: We can see that the hood nowadays is often adorned with different colors; maybe that is the way to designate from which college the young scholars come from.

Z:現在的垂布經常會用不同的顏色來裝飾,也許這就是用來分辯那些年輕的學者分別來自哪個學院的一種方法吧。

A: Besides, by their distinctive clothing, the students were set apart and distinguished from the citizens of the town; hence the phrase “town and gown”.

A:此外,因爲這種特別的服裝,學生們就和市桌'們區別開了。所以纔有了 "市鎮和 學袍”這個說法。

Z: Now that kind of gown has become a tradition in the universities. University students all over the world wear gowns like that at special occasions, for example, the degree ceremony and so on.

Z:現在,這種服裝已經成爲了大學裏的一項傳統。世界各地的大學生在特殊的場含 都會穿這種學袍,比如說在畢業典禮上。

A: That’s true. Now you understand this phrase, and do you want to know more about it?

A:對啊。現在你知道這個說法的意思了吧,想不想了解更多關於“市鎮和學袍?_的 事情啊?

Z: I’d like to. Tell me more about it!

Z:快講講吧。

A: OK. The town and gown rivalry is mentioned in the book, too.

A:好的。書裏面還提到了市鎮和大學之間的對立。

Z: Rivalry? You mean they do not get along well with each other?

Z:對立?你是說他們之間的關係不好嗎?

A: Yes. Conflict was inevitable in the medieval university towns where two separately governed bodies with different priorities and loyalties shared the same restricted space.

A:對。中世紀的大學城裏,這兩個獨立團體身處同一片土地,卻有着不同權益和 信仰,免不了會發生衝突。

Z: Sounds reasonable. Moreover, violence was commonplace in medieval life, not only between scholars and townsmen but among ordinary citizens.

Z:說的有道理。再說,暴力事件在中世紀十分普遍,不僅僅是在學者與市民之間, 市民之間也常常會發生。

A: It also happened between scholars from different regions of Europe who attended the universities. Violent confrontations between town and gown erupted on a recurring basis.

A:來自歐洲不同地區的學者之間也會起衝突。市鎮與大學之間的衝突更是會反覆發 生。

Z: I heard that The University of Cambridge was originally set-up after a fight between the townspeople of Oxford and scholars from the University of Oxford forced many scholars to flee to a new location.

Z:我聽說,劍橋大學就起源於牛津市民和牛津大學之間的一場爭端,許多牛津的學 者不得不逃到一個新的地方。

A: That is mentioned in the book. That was in 1209,and several decades later, the tension between the scholars at Cambridge and the towns people forced the King to grant special privileges and protection to Cambridge University.

A:書裏面也提到了這一點。那是在1209年了。幾十年後,劍橋學者和市民之間的 矛盾又激化了,國王不得不親自出面授予大學一些特權,對其進行保護。

Z: As urban universities increase in size and complexity, the conflict between them may become more and more severe.

Z:隨着大學的面積不斷擴大,結構越來越複雜,他們之間的衝突就越來越激烈。

A: That's for sure. To a large extent, “town versus gown" disputes have moved from the streets into the courts and city hall.

A:這是肯定的。有時候,市鎮和大學之間的織爭甚至會從大街上轉移到法院和市 政廳。

Z: Did they ever pay regard to the town-gown connection?

Z:他們難道從來都不考慮市鎮和大學之間的緊密聯繫嗎?

A: No idea. Universities boast that their existence is the backbone of the town economy, while the towns counter with claims that the institution is “robbing” them of tax revenue.

A:我也不知道。大學會說是城市經濟的支柱,而城市反而會指責大學搶走了他們的一部分稅收。

Z: The same thing may happen today, however the situation is much better than before since violence seldom happened.

Z:這在今天也可能發生,可是情況已經比原來好多了,至少暴力事件很少出現。


看過日常英語對話的人還看了:

1.美國日常英語對話大全

2.生活常見英語情景對話

3.關於英文情景對話大全

4.英語約會實用情景對話

5.英語情景對話大全