當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第44期:所有行囊

英語口語練習小對話 第44期:所有行囊

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.63W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第44期:所有行囊

A:Susan is going to get a divorce.

Susan要離婚了。

B:How do you know that?

你怎麼知道的?

A:She told me that she has a quarrel last nigh, and she left this morning,bag and baggage.

昨天告訴我和Peter吵了一架,今天早上就把東西全部帶走了。

B:Oh, I see. But I think you are making a fuss. They will make it up. Bet it.

哦,我知道了。不過我覺得你有點大驚小怪了。他們會和好的。我確信。

地道表達:

bag and baggage

講解:該習語爲軍事用語,指“士兵的隨身行李和財物”。現在隱申爲“帶着全部東西,完全地,徹底地”。

支持範例:

tenant left, bag and baggage, without paying the rent.

她的房客未付房租就帶着全部財物離去了.

week he cleared out bag and baggage;the room is now quite empty.

上週他把所有東西都搬走了,那房子如今空空如也。

house was vacated bag and baggage in a matter of hours.

這幢房子在幾個小時裏就全部騰出來了。

right, if you won't pay the rent, out with you, bag and baggage!

好吧,要是你不付房租,就收拾起你的東西滾吧!

詞海拾貝:

a quarrel:吵架

is good - nature and have never have a quarrel with anyone

他脾氣很好,從不和任何人爭吵

y time you two have a quarrel the work gets delayed, and it's usually he who has to pick up the pieces.

每次你們倆吵架,總要把工作耽擱下來,而往往是他來收拾殘局。

a fuss:大驚小怪,小題大做

shouldn't make all that fuss about so simple a matter.

這麼簡單的事,你不該那麼大驚小怪。

do you always make a fuss over a trivial things?

只是點風吹草動, 你怎麼就大做文章?

up:和解

separated couple couldn't make it up.

那對分居的夫妻不可能和解。

r their long argument the two brothers made it up.

長期爭吵之後,兄弟倆終於和解了。

a divorce:離婚

it:確信

look great in these shoes. I bet it.

我敢肯定您穿着這雙鞋真好看。

's still in this room, I bet it. Let me help you find it.

我肯定它還在這間屋裏。我幫你找。

特別說明:

該節目中的迷你對話選自《脫口說英語》之口語習語大全,講解部分爲恆星編輯原創。