當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第99期:應接不暇

英語口語練習小對話 第99期:應接不暇

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.51K 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第99期:應接不暇

A:You seem to very busy these days. What are you doing?

你最近看起來很忙。你在幹什麼呀?

B:Iam swapped with workafter 10-day holiday.

我休了10天的假,假期過後有一大堆工作要做。

A:Where did you spend your holiday?

你到哪兒去度假了?

B:I went to Paris.

我去巴黎。

地道表達:

be swamped with

解詞釋義:

動詞swap的意思是“淹沒”。從字面上看,改習語的意思是“被工作淹沒”,意即“有很多工作要做”。

支持範例:

Eg. His secretary was swamped with work so that she want to give it up.

他祕書的工作多得難以招架,所以想辭職不幹了。

Eg. I have been swamped with work this year and I have no time to spend my holiday at all.

今年我工作忙得不可開交,根本沒有一點兒心思做事

Eg. She was worn out with work and cannot put up with it any more.

她讓工作給累壞了,再也忍受不了了。

詞海拾貝:

1.10-day holiday:十天的假日

2.spend one's holiday:度假

Eg. I come to the countryside to spend my holiday.

我來到鄉下度假。

Eg. The couple disputed where to spend the holiday.

夫妻倆爲上哪兒度假而發生爭論。

Eg How did you spend your summer holiday?

你暑假怎麼過的?

Eg. I've got a terrific idea: we'll spend our holiday in Paris.

我有個很棒的主意:我們可以去巴黎度假。