當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第55期:滿腔怒火

英語口語練習小對話 第55期:滿腔怒火

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.99W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第55期:滿腔怒火

A:What do you think of the plan for the new airport near here?

你覺得在這裏附近建機場怎樣?

B:Perhaps they should give it a second thought. The residents are getting up in arms about it.

也許我們得慎重考慮一下。這兒的居民對此非常氣憤。

A:I think they will.

我想他們會的。

習語解說:

複數形式arms指“武器,兵器”,短語be up in arms意即“起來進行武裝鬥爭,竭力反對”,比喻“激烈反抗”“強烈反抗”“強烈抗議”“滿腔怒火” 等,其後接介詞about或者是over。

支持範例:

e is no need to get up in arms over such a trifle.

用不着爲了這麼一點小事動火。

soon as they heard the news, the Ford dealers were up in arms.

福特公司的承銷商一聽到這個消息,就起來反抗了。

is up in arms because you used his car without asking for his permission.

你未經允許就用了了爸爸的汽車,這使他大爲惱火。

ick was up in arms when he heard that his wife had been carrying on a clandestine love affair.

當帕特里克聽說他妻子在偷情時,十分惱怒。

whole village be up in arms about the proposal to build an airport nearby.

全村強烈反對在附近修建機場的計劃。

詞海拾貝:

give sth a second thought:三思,再度考慮

idea was preposterous and I determined not to give it a second thought.

這個想法太荒謬了,我決心不再想它了。

had batter give the matter a second thought.

你最好再想一想這件事。

初級句型:

What do you think of...?

你認爲......如何?

Dialogue:

A:What do you think of this novel?

你覺得這部小說如何?

B:Not too bad.

還湊合。

do you think of the old saying: "Spare the rod, spoil the child."?

你對"孩子不打不成器"這句老話怎麼看?

do you think of the Prime Minister's address to the nation ?

你認爲首相對全國所作的演說如何?