當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我

雙語美文:謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.36W 次

I volunteer/work for my local aquarium.

雙語美文:謝謝你 在緊要關頭幫助了我

我在本地的一家水族館做義工


Today

今天


I volunteered to help with our sick animals.

我自願去幫助那些生病的動物們


My job today

我今天的工作


was to get a sad baby leopard shark to be happy again

是讓一隻憂傷的豹紋鯊重新快樂起來


as he was having tummy problems

他的小肚子有些不舒服


(basically I massaged a shark all day).

基本上我的工作就是給鯊魚按摩


Because I was so wrapped up in this

我只顧着埋頭工作


I left my Wallet an hour away at the aquarium.

結果把自己的錢包丟在水族館,一個多小時後才發現


When I finally realized this after getting home,

回家後我才發現這件事


I hopped in my car

我跳上自己的車


and saw the gas light on.

卻發現指示燈顯示沒油了


I scrounged up $3 in change

我湊齊了3美元的硬幣


with the hopes 1 gallon would be enough to get me there.

希望一加侖的油足夠讓我到達那裏


When I arrived at the station

當我感到加油站


I had asked the lady

我問加油站裏的服務


how far could 1gallon get me

一問她一加侖的油可以讓車子跑多遠


because I had left my wallet at my job.

因爲我把自己的錢包丟在上班的地方了


Without hesitation

沒有絲毫猶豫


she pulled out a $10 dollar bill

她拿出一張10美元的鈔票


and paid for my gas

爲我付了油錢


and told me that

並且對我說


everyone has struggles

每個人都有難處


and it’s our job to help when we can

力所能及時伸出援手,這是份內的事情


and to push it forward.

可以扶危濟困


I returned 2 hours later

兩個小時後我返回來


with $50 cash to give to her

想要把50美元還給她


but she had left

可是她卻已經離開了


and I didn’t feel comfortable giving it to the other attendant.

而我也不情願將錢交給另一個工作人員


So

所以


to the lady that selflessly gave me gas in my time of need

我想對那位在我需要的時候無私的借錢給我加油的女士說


thank you

謝謝你


and I hope to see you back at work soon!

希望你再來上班的時候,能很快相見!