當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 商務英語口語對話 > 商務英語口語對話:山中無老虎,猴子稱大王

商務英語口語對話:山中無老虎,猴子稱大王

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.51W 次

A: management is going through a big turnover these days. With Bill's retirement, and department realignment, we have lost about 1/3 of our managerial staff. They've been dropping like flies…

商務英語口語對話:山中無老虎,猴子稱大王

B: isn't that a good thing? Having fewer bosses means having less stress, don't you think?

A: actually, I don't think so. Supervisors are really important to make sure everything goes smoothly in the workplace. They are necessary for divvying up work and disciplining employees. If there is no one to keep an eye on us, no one would get any work done. You know what they say, when the cat's away, the mice play.

B: you're right, we do need leadership. But what we don't need is too many people to lead us. You know what they say about too many chiefs and not enough Indians…

A: alright…I get your point.

這些日子管理層要有大的人員調動.比爾退休了,加上部門重新調整,我們損失了三分之一的管理人員.他們被大批裁掉…
那樣不好嗎?領導少一點意味着壓力小一點兒,你不這麼看嗎?
說實話,我不這麼看.主管對於確保工作場所的一切正常運轉非常重要,對於分配任務,管理員工是非常必要的.如果沒有人監督我們,那就沒有人好好幹活了.他們會說,山中無老虎,猴子稱霸王.
你說的對,我們確實需要領導.可是我們不需要太多的領導.你知道管事的人多了,幹活的人就少了.
是這樣……你說的對.
Turnover: the rate at which employees leave a company and are replaced by other people 人事變更率;人員調整率
The factory has a high turnover of staff.
這家工廠的人員變更率很高.

supervisor: a person who supervises sb/sth 監督人;指導者;主管人 noun
I have a meeting with my supervisor about my research topic.
我要就我的研究課題同導師見一次面.

Discipline: to train sb, especially a child, to obey particular rules and control the way they behave 訓練;訓導;管教
a guide to the best ways of disciplining your child
管教子女最佳方法指南
Drop like flies:大批裁員

Divvy up:分配

When the cat’s away, the mice play.
山中無老虎,猴子稱霸王.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.
管事的多了,幹活的人就少了.

I get your point.
你說的是.