當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第155期:Green 缺乏經驗的

The english we speak(BBC教學)第155期:Green 缺乏經驗的

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.73K 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第155期:Green 缺乏經驗的

Wang Fei: Welcome to The English We Speak. I'm Wang Fei!

王飛:歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是王飛!

Finn: And I'm Finn!

芬恩:我是芬恩!

Wang Fei: Finn has decided to take us out for a ride on his new motorbike today and he's very proud of it.

王飛:芬恩決定今天用摩托車帶我們出去兜風,他對此非常自豪。

Finn: I am, very proud of it. I thought it would be good to get out of the studio. Look at all the beautiful, green fields around us, Wang Fei.

芬恩:我,我非常自豪。我想走出演播室會不錯。王飛,看看我們周圍這些美麗的綠地。

Wang Fei: Yes, beautiful green fields. That's the word for the day isn't it: green?

王飛:是啊,美麗的綠地。green是今天要學的單詞吧?

Finn: Green, yes!

芬恩:沒錯!

Wang Fei: A bit easy, isn't it? Everyone knows the colour green!

王飛:這很簡單,不是嗎?所有人都知道這是綠色的意思!

Finn: The colour green? No, not that meaning, Wang Fei!

芬恩:綠色?不,王飛,不是這個意思!

Wang Fei: So, what do you mean? Green as in good for the environment?

王飛:你是什麼意思?是指有利於環境的意思嗎?

Finn: No, not that green either!

芬恩:不,也不是那個意思!

Wang Fei: Oh, ok, maybe another green? Oh ok, maybe, green with envy? I know that phrase, that means to envy somebody, doesn't it?

王飛:哦,好吧,那是別的意思?哦,好,那是嫉妒的意思?我知道那個短語,意思是嫉妒某人,對吧?

Finn: Yes, that's right. But what are you envious about, Wang Fei? That's not what we're… oh! ... ahhh!

芬恩:沒錯。不過王飛,你嫉妒什麼?那不是我們……哦!啊!

FX - CRASH

特效——撞車的聲音

Both: Ow!

二人一起:哎呦!

Wang Fei: Finn, you are a terrible, terrible driver!

王飛:芬恩,你真是個非常糟糕的司機!

Finn: I know.

芬恩:我知道。

Wang Fei: Will you tell me what this green means?!

王飛:你是要告訴我green的意思嗎?

Finn: I'm sorry Wang Fei. What I mean is I'm very green at riding motorbikes, that's what I wanted to say. Green means inexperienced or new to something.

芬恩:抱歉,王飛。我是想說我是摩托車新手,這就是我剛纔想說的。green的意思是缺乏經驗的,剛開始接觸的。

Wang Fei: Oh, I see. So when do we use it?

王飛:哦,我明白了。那我們在什麼時候會用到呢?

Finn: Well, normally we use it to describe someone who is new to a particular job or skill.

芬恩:通常我們會用這個詞來形容某個人剛開始接觸某項特殊的工作或技能。

Wang Fei: Ooh, I see. But I'm not feeling good. So why don't we listen to some examples for a moment?

王飛:哦,我明白了。不過現在我感覺不太好。我們爲什麼不先聽一些例子呢?

I'm a bit green at video editing, so it takes me a long time to edit things.

編輯視頻我是生手,所以我用了很長時間來編輯這些視頻。

He's a bit green in this job so he's bound to need some help.

他做這個工作有點生疏,所以他肯定需要幫忙。

My uncle's very green at searching the internet. He prefers to go to the library.

我叔叔剛剛開始接觸上網搜索。他更喜歡去圖書館。

Finn: Ok, time to go again, Wang Fei!

芬恩:好了,我們繼續上路吧,王飛!

Wang Fei: (To himself) Hmm. But I'm still not feeling that great to be honest

王飛:(自言自語)嗯。不過說實話,我感覺仍不是太好……

FX - BIKE STARTS

特效——啓動摩托車的聲音

Finn: What was that, Wang Fei?

芬恩:王飛,怎麼了?

Wang Fei: Oh nothing. Let's go.

王飛:哦,沒什麼。我們走吧。

Finn: Wow, what beautiful countryside…

芬恩:哇,多麼美的鄉村景色啊……

Wang Fei: Gosh, I'm really feeling ill to be honest. I'm worried we're going to crash again.

王飛:天哪,說實話,我覺得不舒服。我擔心我們會再次撞車。

Finn: Wang Fei, what did you say? Are you ok?

芬恩:王飛,你剛說什麼了?你還好嗎?

Wang Fei: Not really.

王飛:其實不太好。

Finn: Oh no, you look bad. You've gone green!

芬恩:哦不,你看上去很糟糕。你臉色發青!

Wang Fei: What?

王飛:什麼?

Finn: You've gone green–it means you look ill!

芬恩:意思是你看上去生病了!

Wang Fei: Another green phrase… Finn–can't you just concentrate on your driving!

王飛:又是一個green的短語……芬恩,你能不能專心開車?

Finn: Ok, sorry. OK then! Bye everyone…

芬恩:好的,抱歉。好了,現在該和大家說再見了……

Wang Fei: And wish me luck. Bye.

王飛:祝我好運吧。再見。

重點講解
1. be proud of
爲…而感到驕傲;自豪;
eg. That's a beautiful piece of work. You should be proud of it.
那件作品非常漂亮,你應當爲之自豪。
eg. They have nothing to be proud of.
他們沒有什麼可以值得自豪的。
2. green with envy
非常嫉妒的;眼紅的;
eg. He was green with envy at my success.
他十分妒忌我的成就。
eg. Seeing his colleague get the promotion, he was green with envy.
看到他的同事獲得晉升,他非常眼紅。
3. be new to
新接觸的;不熟悉的;
eg. She wasn't new to the company.
公司對她早有耳聞。
eg. His name was new to me then and it stayed in my mind.
當時我是第一次聽到他的名字,就記住了。
4. to be honest
老實說;說實在的;
eg. She's always noticed. But then, to be honest, Ghislaine likes being noticed.
她總是受到關注。但是說句實在話,吉萊納喜歡被人關注。
eg. I'd rather get it out the way, to be honest.
老實說,我情願把它處理掉。
5. concentrate on
全神貫注;集中(心思);
eg. If you want to get perfect results, you should only concentrate on one activity.
如果你想把事情做得完美,那麼你應該專注於一件事。
eg. I can't concentrate on my work when I'm tired.
我累了就無法集中精力工作。