當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第434期:The Gift 生日禮物

美語情景對話 第434期:The Gift 生日禮物

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.89W 次

Todd: So, Ruthie, what did you do today?

託德:魯斯,你今天做什麼了?

Ruth: Well, I got up quite early this morning, actually, to go shopping.

魯斯:我今天早上起得很早,然後去購物了。

Todd: Oh, yeah! (Yeah) Ooh, shopping.

託德:哦,是嗎?(是啊)哦,購物!

Ruth: I really like shopping.

魯斯:我特別喜歡購物。

Todd: That's true but you're on a budget. You're trying to save money.

託德:這是沒錯,可是你不是在節省開支嘛。你在存錢啊。

Ruth: I know, but is was my brother's birthday. Well, it is my brother's birthday in a week so.

魯斯:我知道,可是我哥哥的生日快到了。我哥哥一週後過生日。

Todd: Oh, no kidding.

託德:哦,不是開玩笑吧。

Ruth: Yeah.

魯斯:沒有。

Todd: So, what did you get your brother for his birthday?

託德:那你爲你哥哥買什麼生日禮物了?

Ruth: Well, it was quite difficult to find something that I thought he would like, but I got him some cakes in the end, some Japanese cakes.

魯斯:我認爲很難找到他會喜歡的禮物,不過我最後給他買了蛋糕,一些日式蛋糕。

Todd: Japanese cakes?

託德:日式蛋糕?

Ruth: Yeah, they're in like a special presentation box.

魯斯:對,蛋糕裝在特別的包裝盒裏。

Todd: So, how are you going to get the cakes to your brother? Just through the post office?

託德:那你怎麼把蛋糕給你哥哥呢?去郵局寄給他嗎?

Ruth: Yes, I sent them in the post this morning.

魯斯:對啊,我今天早上寄給他了。

Todd: Oh, did you send them express or just regular mail?

託德:哦,你寄的是快遞還是平郵?

Ruth: No, regular mail because it was cheaper.

魯斯:平郵,因爲便宜。

Todd: But, don't you want it to hurry and get there for his birthday?

託德:可是你不想縮短時間,趕在他生日的時候寄到嗎?

Ruth: I've got one week. I think it will get there in time.

魯斯:我有一週的時間。我想蛋糕會及時寄到的。

Todd: So, what do you think your brother will think of the cakes?

託德:那你覺得你哥哥會怎麼看那些蛋糕?

Ruth: I don't think he'll like them actually.

魯斯:我想他不喜歡。

Todd: No?

託德:爲什麼?

Ruth: Well, he likes chocolate cake, and they look like they've got kind of chocolate inside but it's bean paste. I think he'll be disappointed.

魯斯:因爲他喜歡巧克力蛋糕,那些蛋糕看上去好像裏面有巧克力,可是實際上那是豆沙。我想他會失望的。

Todd: So what did your brother get you for your last birthday?

託德:那之前你過生日的時候你哥哥送你什麼了?

Ruth: That's a good question. He always gives me money, and he often gives me chocolate as well. He's very generous.

魯斯:這是個好問題。他一般都給我錢,還有巧克力。他非常大方。

Todd: Actually, I'm the same way. Guys like to give money. Money is so easy. No shopping involved.

託德:實際上我也是這樣的。男生都喜歡送錢當禮物。給錢很簡單嘛,也不用去購物。

Ruth: It's practical, though, it's good.

魯斯:雖然很實際,不過挺好的。

Todd: Now, I've been told that when you give money for a gift, it's actually very impolite.

託德:可是有人跟我說給錢當禮物其實非常不禮貌。

Ruth: Really?

魯斯:真的嗎?

Todd: Is that true? Yeah!

託德:真的嗎?是啊!

Ruth: Why is that?

魯斯:爲什麼呢?

Todd: I don't know. Some people say it's just really impersonal. That you should take the time to get a gift.

託德:我也不知道。有些人說那種做法很不禮貌。你應該花時間去買個禮物。

Ruth: Really! I really think if anybody gave me money I would be so pleased. It's a good present.

魯斯:真的嗎?可是我認爲如果有人給我錢當作禮物我會很高興的。那是個很好的禮物。

Todd: Exactly, that's what I think. (Pause) Hey, um, actually, when are you going to see your brother next?

託德:沒錯,我也是那麼想的。(停頓了一下)嘿,你下次什麼時候見你哥哥?

Ruth: Probably, I will see him in August of September.

魯斯:大概八九月的時候吧。

Todd: Oh, that's quite a way away.

託德:哦,那還好長時間呢。

Ruth: Yes, about four months is that.

魯斯:是啊,大概還有四個月。

Todd: So is this a younger brother or older brother?

託德:你說的是你弟弟還是哥哥?

Ruth: He's older. He's twenty-six.

魯斯:是哥哥,他今年26歲了。

Todd: Oh, he's twenty six.

託德:哦,他26歲了。

Ruth: He's going to be twenty-six soon.

魯斯:他馬上就要26歲了。

Todd: Ok, well, if you happen to e-mail him, tell him happy birthday.

託德:好的,如果你給他發電子郵件的話,替我跟他說一聲祝他生日快樂。

Ruth: Oh, certainly will do. Thanks.

魯斯:哦,我當然會的。謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第434期:The Gift 生日禮物

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解
1. in the end
最後;終於;
eg. As usual, the cops get the baddies in the end.
跟平常一樣,警察最後把壞人都抓起來了。
eg. Things worked out well for Jeanne in the end.
對珍妮來說事情的最終結果不錯。
2. in time
及時;
eg. Firemen reached the house on fire in time.
消防隊員及時趕到那幢失火的房子。
eg. Disregarding all the difficulties, we arrived here in time.
儘管有那麼多困難,我們仍然及時地到達了這兒。
3. quite a way
很遠;很長時間;
eg. Some of them live in places quite a long way from here.
他們中有些人住的地方離這裏很遠。
eg. She had pedaled quite a way ahead of me when she looked back over her shoulder.
她在我的前面騎了好大一截,還笑着回頭看我。
4. happen to do sth.
碰巧;湊巧;
eg. We happen to hold the same view.
我們兩人的想法不謀而合。
eg. And, they happen to face natural disasters this year.
同時,他們碰巧在今年遇到了自然災害。