在圖書館:Where Is the Book 書在哪裏
2. Where Is the Book?
2.書在哪裏?
A: I really need a book, but I didn't see it on the shelf.
A:我真的需要一本書,但是我沒有看到它在貨架上。
B: According to the computer, it's not checked out yet.
B:根據電腦記錄,它還沒有被借出。
A: Then why isn't it on the proper shelf?
A:那它爲什麼不在架子上?
B: It means that someone in this library is holding it right now.
B:這意味着有人正在這個圖書館拿着它。
A: So someone else has the book and plans on checking it out?
A:所以是有別的人有這本書並有計劃借走這本書?
B: Either that or someone took it out of the shelf and misplaced it.
B:要麼是那樣。要麼就是有人從書架上拿走但放錯了地方。
A: I really need that book.
A:我真的很需要這本書。
B: You're going to have to look everywhere for it.
B:你要到處去找找它。
A: Can't you just make an announcement asking whoever has the book to come forward?
A:難道你就不能宣佈出來讓持有這本書的人拿過來嗎?
B: You are not that special. When it comes to books, it's first come, first serve.
B:當涉及到書,沒人有特權,先到先得。
A: But I need it for school.
A:但我上學需要用它。
B: I'm sorry, but I can't do anything for you.
B:對不起,我不能爲你做什麼。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載