當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 英語初級對話

英語初級對話

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.1W 次

下面是本站小編整理的英語初級對話,希望對大家有幫助。

英語初級對話

  第一課 Holiday plan 假期計劃

BOB: Right let me see, jackets, rucksacks, hiking boots ....

好的,讓我看看,夾克衫,帆布揹包,登山靴...

NANCY: Every year for Valentine's Day, Bob and I go on a trip. Two years ago, we went to Japan. Last year, we went to Paris. It was lovely.

每年情人節,Bob和我會去旅行。年前,我們去了日本。我們去年去巴黎了。真可愛。

BOB: Map, compass, cooler.

地圖,指南針,冷卻器...

NANCY: This year, Bob wants to go fishing and camping in the Lake District. I don't like fishing, but that's not the problem.

今年,Bob想去釣魚和去湖區野營。我不喜歡釣魚,但是那不是問題。

BOB: the tent!

還有帳篷!

NANCY: Camping is the problem. I hate camping.

野營是個問題。我討厭野營。

  第二課 Are you sure you like the holiday plan? 您真的喜歡這個假期計劃嗎?

EMMA: So, where are you going this year?

所以,你今年去哪裏?

NANCY: To the Lake District.

去湖區。

EMMA: Not Paris or Tokyo?

不是巴黎或者東京嗎?

NANCY: No, your father wants to go fishing.

不,你的父親想去釣魚。

EMMA: Where are you going to stay?

你準備停留在哪兒?

NANCY: We are going to sleep in a tent.

我們會在帳篷裏睡覺。

EMMA: You mean camping.

你的意思是野營。

NANCY: That's right. Camping.

對的。野營。

EMMA: Camping?

野營?

NANCY: Yes Emma we're going to go fishing and camping. It will be fun, it will be an adventure.

是的,Emma,我們準備去釣魚和野營。可能會很有趣,這會是個冒險。

EMMA: OK if you say so. How long is the drive?

如果你這麼說的話,那好吧。要開多久的車?

NANCY: Six hours.

6小時。

EMMA: Six hours to go camping?

花6小時去野營?

NANCY: Could you please check on your father?

可以請你檢查一下您的父親嗎?

  第三課 The trip 旅行

BOB: Ready to go?

準備走嗎?

NANCY: In a minute.

馬上。

BOB: I made a plan. We'll take the A259 and then the M23. There won't be too much traffic on the road this early in the morning.

我制定了一個計劃。我們會坐A259,然後坐M23。今天早上不會有很大的交通流量。

NANCY: Are we gonna stop at that little tea room for lunch? You know the little tea room I like?

我們可以在那個小茶館裏吃午餐嗎?你知道我喜歡的那個小茶館嗎?

BOB: Let me see, we'll take the M25 then the M1, which takes us past Manchester.

讓我看看,我們要坐M25,然後坐M1,它會帶我們穿過曼徹斯特。

NANCY: And we'll have lunch at the tea room.

而且我們要在那間茶館吃午餐。

BOB: We'll have lunch at the tea room. After that we'll take the M6 and then the A590 and we'll arrive at the Lake District about 4pm . This is going to be great, isn't it?

我們會在茶館吃午餐。在那之後我們會坐M6,然後坐A590,然後我們會在下午4點到達湖區。太好了,不是嗎?

NANCY: Yes, it will be lovely.

是的,這會很可愛。

BOB: So! Let's go!

當然!我們走吧!

  第四課 Secret plan 祕密計劃

BOB: OK. Now, remember to bring in the mail every day. And don't forget the newspaper.

好的。現在,記住每天要在郵件中有所收穫。而且不要忘記報紙。

EMMA: OK dad, don't worry.

好的爸爸,不要擔心。

BOB: Oh! I almost forgot.

噢!我幾乎忘了。

EMMA: What's that?

那是什麼?

BOB: It's for our hotel.

這是給我們酒店的。

EMMA: I thought you were going to go camping.

我想你準備去野營了。

BOB: It's a surprise. You're mother THINKS we're going camping. But we're not, we're staying at a 5 star hotel.

好個驚喜!你的媽媽認爲我們要去野營。但是我們不是,我們正呆在一個5星級酒店。

EMMA: Dad! You old romantic!

爸爸!你以前的浪漫!

BOB: But I am going fishing.

但是我正在釣魚。

EMMA: Have a great trip. Drive safely and call me when you get there.

旅途愉快。安全駕駛,等你到那裏之後打電話給我。

  第七課 UK versus USA 英國與美國

MARK: Sarah and I talk about the weather a lot. A lot. She's always reminding me, 'Oh, it's gonna rain'' Let's take an umbrella

Sarah和我關於天氣談論了很多。很多。她總是在提醒我,“噢,要下雨了。”讓我們帶把傘

SARAH: London is not like Los Angeles. The weather changes a lot more quickly. In London it's sunny and then it's raining. Not like in the States.

倫敦不像洛杉磯。天氣變化的更快了。倫敦是一會兒晴天一會雨天。不像在美國。

MARK: I'm from California and I love it here. I can go to the beach, the desert. I love hiking in the mountains and fishing at the lake. I want Sarah to see it all, everything, it's home. You see Sarah and I like London but it's foggy.

我來自加利福尼亞並且我熱愛這裏。我可以去沙灘,去沙漠。我喜歡登山和在湖邊釣魚。我想讓Sarah看到全部,一切,這就是家。你知道Sarah和我喜歡倫敦,但是霧太多了。

SARAH: London is not foggy.

倫敦的霧不是很多。

MARK: London is not foggy.

倫敦的霧不是很多。

SARAH: Really.

真的。

MARK: But it's a crowded city, with grey skies. It's expensive. It rains. But it's beautiful. Everything here's cheaper and we've got great weather.

但是這是個擁擠的城市,伴隨着灰色的天空。很貴。下雨了。但是很漂亮。這裏的一切都很便宜,而且我們擁有很好的天氣。

MARK: It's not too hot. Okay, I want her here with me. Not all of California's a desert. We have beaches, the coast, miles of ocean. And I chose to go camping.

不是太熱。好的,我想他和我在這裏。並不是加利福尼亞所有的都是沙漠。我們有沙灘,海濱,數英里的海洋。還有我選擇去野營。

MARK: It's not a good idea.

這不是個好主意。

  第八課 Make a new plan 制訂新計劃

MARK: There are so many other options than the desert in California. I mean it rained, flash floods, bad choice, bad!

在加利福尼亞比起沙漠還有很多其他的選擇。我的意思是下雨,山洪暴發,是錯誤的選擇,很糟!

SARAH: Mark, are you okay?

Mark,你還好嗎?

MARK: Yeah, all good.

耶,都很好。

SARAH: We can go camping tomorrow. OK?

66365我們可以明天去野營。 65449好嗎?

MARK: Let's go to a hotel.

我們去酒店吧。

SARAH: We can camp in the hotel.

我們可以在酒店裏野營。

MARK: I just wanted, if ever there was a perfect time. I just wanted, the rain will stop, I mean this is a desert.

我只是希望,是否有完美的時間。我只是希望,雨能夠停,我的意思是這是沙漠。

SARAH: Let's go to a hotel. Mark, it's OK.

我們去酒店吧。Mark,好了。

MARK: You're right. After all, it's the desert. It doesn't rain in the desert!

你是對的。歸根到底,這是沙漠。沙漠裏是不下雨的!

  第九課 Special pets 特別的寵物

LEO: They say that a dog is a man's best friend. In Britain, some people spend as much money on their pets as others spend on their children I know. They buy presents for them. They take pictures with them!

他們說狗是人類最好的朋友。在英國,一些人花了很多錢在他們的寵物上,就像其他人花費在他們的孩子身上一樣。我知道...他們買了禮物給他們。他們和他們一起拍照!

LEO: In my job, I meet a lot of 'interesting'' people, and their pets. Wow! Look at your hair!

0在工作中,我遇到了許多‘有趣的’人,和他們的寵物... 0哇哦! 0看看你的頭髮!

S: Yeah, you like it? It's as white as Coco's now .... Coco loves mommy's hair. Yes she does! Mommy's as beautiful as Coco now. Mommy loves her Coco .... They did her hair and nails yesterday.

耶,你喜歡它嗎?現在這個和Coco的一樣白 ... Coco喜歡媽媽的頭髮。是的她做了!媽媽現在和Coco一樣漂亮。媽媽喜歡她的Coco ... 他們昨天幫她做了頭髮和指甲。

S: Isn't she beautiful?

她不漂亮嗎?

LEO: As beautiful as a princess .... Whoa, Miles. Long time no see, boy!

公主一樣漂亮 ...哇,Miles。好久不見,夥計!

MR. BRADY: He's almost as big as me. We're both on a diet. I'm as hungry as a bear. Now we go for long walks. Right, Miles.

他幾乎和我一樣大。我們都在減肥。我像熊一樣飢餓。現在我們去散步吧。對的,Miles。

LEO: See you later.

稍後見。

  第十課 No pets! 嚴禁帶寵物!

CLIFFORD: Pets. I don't like them. They're noisy, they're dirty, they smell bad. That's why there are NO PETS ALLOWED in my apartments. People try to hide their pets.

寵物。我不喜歡他們。他們很吵,很髒,他們的氣味很噁心。那就是爲什麼在我公寓裏寵物禁止進入。人們嘗試隱藏他們的寵物。

CLIFFORD: Cats, birds, dogs, but I always find them. I can smell them. I hate little dogs the most. They bark all the time. They're noisier than birds.

貓,鳥,狗,但是我總是能找到他們。我可以聞到他們。我最討厭小狗。它們總是在吠叫。他們比鳥還吵。

CLIFFORD: Everybody knows. No pets allowed. Those are the rules, no pets allowed. You can have fish but no, no dogs no cats no birds.

衆所周知。禁養寵物。那些是規則,寵物是禁養的。你可以養魚但是不能養狗、貓或鳥。

LEO: I have a dog. But I mean I love dogs, especially my dog Jackson. He's such a cute little guy. I mean dogs are great, they're loving, they're playful, they're friendly, they're loyal and they love you no matter what. They really need you.

我有一條狗。但是我的意思是我喜歡狗,特別是我的狗Jackson。他是一個如此可愛的小傢伙。我的意思是狗很不錯,它們是可愛的,好玩的,友好的,忠誠的,而且它們不管怎麼樣都會喜歡你。它們真的需要你。

LEO: Especially big dogs. They're much better than cats.

特別是大型犬。它們比貓好得多。

  第十一課 Quality time together 共度美好時光

EMMA: How are you? Did you have a good day?

你呢?你一天過得好嗎?

BOB: I had a great day!

我過了美好的一天!

EMMA: Animals are like people. Both need love. Both need friendship. Sometimes I feel bad because I don't spend enough time with my dog, Pepper. But after today, maybe I should spend more time with my dad.

動物和人一樣。兩者都需要愛。兩者都需要友誼。有時我會覺得很糟糕,因爲我沒有用足夠的時間陪我的狗Pepper。但是今天之後,可能我應該花更多的時間陪我的爸爸...

EMMA: My dad spends a lot of time alone these days. He's retired. Maybe he feels the same as Pepper, maybe they're both a little lonely.

我爸爸這些天很多時間都是獨處。他退休了。也許他覺得和Pepper一樣,也許他們都有點寂寞。

BOB: Go away cat! We don't like you, cat!

貓,走開!我們不喜歡你,貓!

EMMA: Does somebody wanna go for a walk?

有人想去散步嗎?

DAD: Oooh, a walk! Where are we going? Hmm, to the park.

哦,散步!我們去哪裏?嗯,去公園。

BOB: Great! Let me put my shoes on!

好極了!讓我穿上鞋子!

EMMA: I guess Dads need attention, too.

我猜爸爸也需要注意一下。

  第十四課 Friends chatting 朋友聊天

STUART: So why doesn't your dog have hair?

所以爲什麼你的狗有毛呢?

MAX: Ah he just doesn't. Jackson has issues.

啊,他正好沒有。Jackson有問題。

STUART: Issues. Jackson. It's a good name, Jackson.

問題。Jackson。是個好名字,Jackson。

MAX: Yeah, yeah I mean he likes it and he responds to it.

耶,耶,我的意思是他喜歡所以有所迴應。

STUART: Should name it Elizabeth. Why? Elizabeth is my boss. She, like Jackson, does nothing.

名字應該是Elizabeth。爲什麼? Elizabeth是我的老闆。她和Jackson一樣不做事。

MAX: So, about work, huh?

所以,關於工作,呃?

STUART: I hate my job. I do the same job every single day. It's boring. You know I want a challenge. You're not going to get a job are you?

我討厭我的工作。我每一天都在做同樣的工作。很無聊。你知道我想挑戰一下。你不準備得到一份工作,是嗎?

MAX: No, I mean I don't know, I'm still going to look. You know what I'm not so worried about it. Whatever happens, happens. Whatever will be, will be.

不,我的意思是我不知道,我只是想看一下。你知道我並不擔心這個。無論發生什麼,發生了。要發生的總歸會發生,順其自然。

  第十五課 Do you have a dog? 您養狗嗎?

MAX: Who is it?

是誰?

CLIFFORD: It's Clifford the apartment manager. It's Clifford.

這是Clifford,公寓經理。這是Clifford。

MAX: It's my apartment manager. Go hide the dog in the kitchen.

這是我的公寓經理。去把狗藏在廚房。

STUART: In the kitchen, in the kitchen.

在廚房,在廚房。

MAX: Ah just one second Clifford. Hi.

啊,請稍等,Clifford。嗨。

CLIFFORD: Hello.

你好。

MAX: Can I do something for you?

我有什麼可以幫您的嗎?

CLIFFORD: What are you doing?

你在做什麼?

MAX: Nothing. I'm just watching TV.

沒事。我正在看電視。

CLIFFORD: Do you have a TV?

你有電視機嗎?

MAX: Yeah.

有的。

CLIFFORD: Did you at any point leave this apartment?

你有在任何時間離開這所公寓嗎?

MAX: Today? No.

今天嗎?沒有。

CLIFFORD: Do you have a dog?

你有狗嗎?

MAX: A dog? No. Why?

狗?沒有。爲什麼?

CLIFFORD: Four out of five doctors say that dog hair is bad for your lungs.

5個醫生中有4個會說狗毛對你的肺有害。

MAX: Well no dogs here. Why don't you ask them, I think they might have a dog?

好吧,這裏沒有狗。你爲什麼不問他們,我想他們可能有條狗?

CLIFFORD: 17A?

17A座?

MAX: Yeah. Yeah.

是的。好的。

CLIFFORD: Did you see a dog?

你有看到一條狗嗎?

MAX: I think I heard something?

我想我聽到了一些聲音?

CLIFFORD: heard something ?yeah. OK.

聽到一些聲音?是的。好的。

MAX: Alright, good.

好的,很好。

CLIFFORD: Thank you.

謝謝你。

  第十六課 Habits and routines 習慣和日常生活

VAN THE MAN: That's interesting.

那很有趣。

CLIFFORD: Who are you talking to? Are you talking to me?

你在和誰交談?你在和我說話嗎?

VAN THE MAN: I'mtalking to you.

我...是在和你說話。

CLIFFORD: Why are you talking to me?

你爲什麼跟我說話?

VAN THE MAN: Because that's what I do. I talk. What are you doing? I asked you a question. What are you doing?

因爲那是我做的。我說了。你在幹嗎?我問你個問題。你在幹嗎?

CLIFFORD: What I always do.

是我一直做的事。

VAN THE MAN: That's your problem.

那是你的問題。

CLIFFORD: What?

什麼?

VAN THE MAN: You do, what you do, every day.

你每天做你該做的事。

CLIFFORD: Stop talking to me.

停止和我說話。

VAN THE MAN: You missed a spot over here.

你錯過了那兒的一個景點。

  第十七課 Stop him! 制止他!

STUART: What is he doing? He's stealing my car. Hey that's my car. Hey, that's my car man. What are you doing?

他在幹嗎?他在偷我的車。嘿,那是我的車。嘿,先生,那是我的車。你在幹嗎?

STUART: Where are you going? That's my car. That's my car. He's stealing my car. He stole my car.

你去哪裏?那是我的車。那是我的車。他在偷我的車。他偷了我的車。

STUART: Yes, is this the police? I just had a thief steal my car. Yeah. No he stole my car. Banks, Stuart Banks.

是的,這是警察嗎?我只是看到一個賊在偷我的車。是的。不,他偷了我的車。銀行,斯圖亞特銀行。

STUART: The address, yeah.

地址,好的。

  第十八課 Investigation 調查

STUART: Hi this is Stuart Banks. My car was stolen about an hour and a half ago. I've been waiting for someone to show up. No, no one has shown up that's why I'm calling. Banks.

你好,這是斯圖亞特銀行。我的車在大約一小時或半小時之前被偷了。我在等着有人露面。不,沒有人出現,這就是我打電話來的原因。銀行。

STUART: Stuart Banks. Yes. Thank you.

斯圖亞特銀行。是的。謝謝你。

POLICE OFFICER: Did you call about a stolen vehicle, sir? What's your name?

你有打電話詢問一輛被盜的車嗎,先生?你的名字是什麼?

STUART: Banks. Stuart Banks.

銀行。斯圖亞特銀行。

POLICE OFFICER: Mr. Banks. Did you see the thief? What did he look like?

先生,銀行。你有看到小偷嗎?他看起來是什麼樣?

STUART: You know what, actually, I didn't get a very good look at him.

你知道嗎,事實上,我並不看好他。

POLICE OFFICER: What time did this happen?

這是什麼時候發生的?

STUART: Seven o'clock.

7點。

POLICE OFFICER: Seven? You called us at eight o'clock. What were you doing between seven o'clock and eight o'clock?

7點?你8點打過電話給我們。你7點和8點之間在幹什麼?

STUART: It was seven o'clock I called you right when it happened.

事情發生的時候正是7點我打電話給你的時候。

POLICE OFFICER: OK. So you don't know what he looks like, you don't know exactly what time this happened, what do you want me to do here?

好的。所以你不知道他長得怎麼樣,你不知道事情發生的確切時間,那你想讓我在這裏做什麼呢?

STUART: You know what I'm sorry. I don't think that there is anything you can do for me.

你知道我對此感到很抱歉。我認爲你不能爲我做任何事情。

POLICE OFFICER: I think you're right. Have a good day.

我想你是對的。祝你一天愉快。

  第二十一課 Run in the park 在公園跑步

KATE: So, did I tell you, I met this guy.

所以我有告訴過你嗎,我見到這個傢伙了。

EMMA: Yeah, the one from the bank?

是的,從銀行出來的那個人嗎?

KATE: No!

不是!

EMMA: The guy at the beach?

在沙灘的傢伙嗎?

KATE: NO! Not them. Someone better.

不是!不是他們。某些人更好。

EMMA: Who?

誰?

KATE: Well, let me tell you the story. I was shopping.

好吧,讓我告訴你這個故事。我在買東西。

EMMA: Of course.

當然。

KATE: And as I was leaving I was in the car. and you know how suddenly things just come out of nowhere?

而且當我離開的時候我正在車裏....而且你知道事情發生地多突然,不知道從哪裏冒出來的?

EMMA: They do.

他們做了。

KATE: Yeah, they just. It was just there. Well, I had a lot of shopping bags and I was putting on my lip gloss as I was driving. I know. Stupid. And then I just didn't see it.

是的,他們就... 就在那兒。好吧,我我有很多購物袋,而且在我開車的時候我正在塗潤脣膏。我知道。笨蛋。然後我沒有看到。

KATE: It all happened so fast. I was putting on my lip gloss and then bang. I hit his car. But there was a reward: the driver. He's great.

所有的事發生地如此之快。我正在塗潤脣膏然後發出砰的一聲。我撞了他的車。但是有個報償:司機。他人很好。

EMMA: Oh. I see. So now this guy is interested in you. You hit his car!

哦。我明白了。所以現在這個傢伙對你有興趣。你撞了他的車唉!

KATE: Yeah. It's a nice car, too.

是的。這也是輛好車。

EMMA: Yeah, and he was probably very angry.

是的,他可能很生氣。

KATE: Not very angry. He called me later about the accident and he invited me to dinner.

不是很生氣。之後他關於事故打電話給我了,並且他邀請我去吃晚餐。

EMMA: No way!

沒門!

KATE: We have a date.

我們約會了。

EMMA: Why am I not surprised?

爲什麼我不驚訝?

第二十二課 Hello gorgeous! 你好,美人兒!

LEO: You always have such bad luck with your boss'' car.

你和你老闆的車在一起總是會倒黴。

PETER: Hey! Sometimes I do have good luck with my boss'' car.

沒關係!有時候我和我老闆的車在一起的時候的確會有好運。

LEO: You mean, Kate?

你的意思是,Kate?

PETER: I was waiting to park when she hit my car but then. 'Well, hello there gorgeous'' I mean, at first I was really angry! I mean she hit my boss'' car! But when I saw her. Hello!

當她撞我車的時候我正等着停車,然後...‘好華麗啊!’我的意思是,起初我真的很生氣!我的意思是她撞了我老闆的車! 0但是當我看見她的時候。你好!

PETER: So call her! Yeahok. Excuse me bartender, do you have a phone?

所以打電話給她!耶...好的。抱歉,服務員,你們有電話嗎?

BARTENDER: Ahyes.

啊...是的。

PETER: Can I borrow it?

可以把它借給我們嗎?

BARTENDER: No.

不行。

第二十三課 Old flame 昔日戀人

LISA: Petey, Peter Oakes. Lisa! Lisa Gomez? You remember me?

Petey,Peter Oakes。Lisa! Lisa Gomez?你記得我嗎?

PETER: Lisa Gomez. How can I forget? How are you?

Lisa Gomez。我怎麼會忘記?你好嗎?

LISA: I'm good, how are you?

我很好,你好嗎?

PETER: Lisa and I knew each other at university.

Lisa和我在大學就彼此認識了。

LISA: Knew each other? We dated.

互相認識?我們約會了。

PETER: Actually, you were dating Leo Cole when we first met, do you remember?

事實上,我們第一次見的時候你正在和Leo Cole約會,你記得嗎?

LISA: Leo? Dating? No, not really. He was so romantic with the flowers and the chocolates and everything.

Leo?約會?不,不完全是。他如此浪漫地準備了鮮花、巧克力和所有的一切。

PETER: Lisa, it was really nice to meet you but we really have to be going now. See you around. Bye.

Lisa,真的很高興見到你,但是我們現在真的要走了。回頭見。再見。

KATE: So she was dating Leo when she met you?

她遇到你的時候正在和Leo約會嗎?

PETER: It wasn't really like that.

真的不是那樣的。

第二十四課 Double booked 重複預定

PETER: Leo is my best friend. But I did not steal his girlfriend! A couple of years ago I was studying business at the university and Lisa was in my class. I didn't know she had a boyfriend! One evening I was waiting for Lisa outside a movie theater.

Leo是我最好的朋友。但是我們有偷他的女朋友!幾年前我正在大學學習商務,而且Lisa和我一個班級。我不知道她有男朋友!一天晚上我正在一個電影院外面等Lisa。

PETER: I saw this other guy. He was also waiting outside the movie theater. We started talking. His date was late too. When Lisa arrived she looked at me, she looked at Leo, and then she ran away!

我看到另一個傢伙。他也在電影院外面等。我們開始了談話。他約會也遲到了。當Lisa道的時候,她看看我,看看Leo,然後她跑掉了!

PETER: She had two dates at the same time! Anyways, I saw Leo at school the next day and now we're best friends! That's funny.

她同一時間有2個約會!不管怎樣,我第二天在學校看見了Leo,而現在我們是最好的朋友! 很有趣。

第二十五課 Busted 破產

CLIFFORD: Where's the dog. I know there's a dog somewhere. Where is the dog? Maybe there's a dog in here. I can't see the dog.

狗在哪裏。我知道有隻狗在某個地方。0狗在哪裏?可能狗在這裏。我看不到狗。

CLIFFORD: Where is it? No dogs allowed. No dogs allowed. I know there's a dog in here, there's a dog in here. I know it.

它在哪兒?狗禁止進入。禁止狗進入。我知道有隻狗在這兒,有隻狗在這兒。我知道了。

CLIFFORD: Where is the dog? Is that the dog? That's the dog.

狗在哪兒?那是狗嗎?那是狗。

MAN: Hi. Everything OK? Are you OK?

嗨。一切還好嗎?你還好嗎?

CLIFFORD: Yeah.

是的。

MAN: Do you want to come in, have a look?

你想進來看看嗎?

CLIFFORD: Yes.

是的。

MAN: I came home early from work, I have a sore throat.

我很早就下班回家了,我喉嚨痛。

CLIFFORD: No, actually I've been sick for a long time now, since last year.

不,事實上自從去年開始我已經病了很長時間了。

MAN: A year? You should see a doctor.

一年?你應該去看醫生。

CLIFFORD: I'm sick again. I'm sick. I'm getting sick from the dog. It's the dogs that are making me sick, it's the dogs.

我又病了。我病了。我從狗那兒得病了。就是狗讓我生病了,就是那條狗。

第二十八課 Back at the doctor’s 複診

CLIFFORD: I want to make an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

我明天想預約去看醫生。

NURSE: How about next week?

下週怎麼樣?

CLIFFORD: What if I'm dead by then?

到時候要是我死了怎麼辦?

NURSE: You should go home and get some rest you'll feel better.

你應該回家休息一下,你才能好的快。

CLIFFORD: I haven't been feeling well for a long time. You name it I have it. I have a sore throat. I have an eye infection. Lung infection.

我感覺不舒服很久了。凡是你想得到的,我都有。我喉嚨痛。我眼睛感染了。肺感染。

CLIFFORD: It's serious. It's bad. Just ask Tom 3 He'll tell you.

嚴重。很糟。去問Tom Redman吧。他會告訴你的。

NURSE: 415 tomorrow.

明天4:15。

CLIFFORD: 415? 415 tomorrow?

4:15?明天4: 15?

NURSE: You'll be fine. 415 tomorrow.

你會好的。明天4:15。

CLIFFORD: I'll come in at 315 because someone will probably cancel. Then I'll come in at 315.

我會3:15到,因爲有人可能會取消。那我會3:15到。

NURSE: Good idea.

好主意。

CLIFFORD: 315, that's a long.

3:15,太長了...

NURSE: Just take the vitamins and we'll see you tomorrow.

現在吃些維生素,我們明天會來看你的。

CLIFFORD: Keep hope alive.

保持希望活着。

第二十九課 Generation gap 代溝

WOMAN: Excuse me there's a queue here.

抱歉,這裏排隊。

LADY: Oh is there, pardon me, I didn't see it. I'm ever so sorry dear. Excuse me, is this the right platform for Birmingham? Thank you. Sorry, could you tell me what time it is?

哦,在那兒,抱歉,我看不到。我很抱歉,親愛的。打擾一下,這是去伯明翰的站臺對嗎?謝謝你。抱歉,您可否告訴我現在幾點了嗎?

LEO: It's 12.47.. The train is late. as usual.

現在12:47。和往常一樣,火車晚點了。

LADY: The buses aren't any better. You can wait for ages and then three turn up at once. Prices have gone up, haven't they?

公共汽車也好不到哪裏去。你可以等幾年,然後馬上出現。物價上漲了,是嗎?

LEO: So it seems.

的確如此。

LADY: A pound doesn't take you anywhere these days. In my day, you could take the railway anywhere for a pound.

一英鎊在這些天不能帶你去任何地方。在我那個年代,你可以用一英鎊坐火車去任何地方。

LEO: Sometimes you can still get really cheap tickets.

有時你仍然可以得到真的很便宜的票子。

LADY: Oh really?

哦,真的嗎?

LEO: If you book online.

如果你在網上預訂。

LADY: I'm afraid I didn't catch that.

我怕我趕不上。

LEO: You should book online for the cheap tickets.

你應該在網上預訂便宜的票子。

LADY: Oh, online!

哦,網上!

LEO: Yeah.

是的。

LADY: Well, I don't know anything about that, dear.

好吧,我什麼都不知道,親愛的。

第三十課 What’s your story? 您有什麼經歷?

LEO: You see so many interesting people on trains. I always wonder where they're going, where they're coming from. It's crazy. Everybody has a different story.

你在火車上可以看到許多有趣的人。我總是想知道他們去哪裏了,他們從哪裏來。太瘋狂了。每個人都有各自的故事。

EMMA: I like the train. All public transportation is good. It's good for the environment. But sometimes. sometimes I hate the train. People always talk to me!

我喜歡火車。所有公共交通都很好。對環境有益。但是有時候... 有時候我討厭火車。人們總是和我交談!

EMMA: Strange people! Is it something about me? My solution: I listen to it, and people can't talk to me. It always works.

奇怪的人!有什麼關於我的事嗎?我的方法:我傾聽,那麼人們就不會和我交談。始終有效。

LEO: Some people look like they need to talk, so I talk to them.

有些人看上去好像他們需要交談,所以我才和他們交談。

第三十一課 Sharing news 分享新聞

LADY: What's this? Sorry is this yours? Look have you seen, the princes are in the news again. I remember when they were born. Shame about Diana though, she was so beautiful.

這是什麼?抱歉,這是你的嗎?就如你所看到的,王子又一次登上了新聞。我還記得他們什麼時候出生的。儘管Diana很羞愧,但是她很漂亮。

LADY: That Charles. The royal family isn't what they used to be. But the queen is a lovely lady. Don't you think so? Hope I'm not bothering you with my chit chat?

那個Charles。王室不是像他們曾經那樣的。但是女王是一位可愛的女士。你不這麼認爲嗎?希望我的閒談沒有打擾到你?

EMMA: Not at all.

沒關係。

LEO: Excuse me is this taken?

打擾一下,這個位子有人嗎?

LADY: No.

你拿吧。

LEO: Thanks

謝謝

LADY: Have you seen the princes are in the news again.

你有在新聞中再次看到王子們嗎?

LEO: Oh really, could I have a look?

哦,真的嗎?我能看一下嗎?

LADY: Of course, it isn't mine, I found it.

當然,這不是我的,是我發現的。

LEO: Oh here we are.

哦,看到了。

LADY: You are about Prince Henry's age aren't you?

你是說Henry王子的年齡,是嗎?

LEO: I guess.

我猜的。

第三十二課 Coincidence 巧合

LADY: Ride a cock horse to Banbury Cross, to see a fine lady upon a white horse, with rings on her fingers and bells on her toes; she shall have music wherever she goes.

騎着一匹公馬到班伯裏大十字架去看一位騎在白馬上的漂亮女子,女子手上戴着戒指,腳上掛着鈴鐺;她走到哪兒都有音樂聲。

LEO: I remember that one.

我記得那個。

LADY: And that's why I'm going to Banbury.

那就是我爲什麼我要去班伯裏。

LEO: Oh really. Interesting. Well I think that the train to Banbury leaves from the other platform.

哦,真的嗎。真有趣。我想去班伯裏的火車從另外的站臺離站。

LADY: Oh my, so it is! Thank you for sitting and talking to an old lady like me. He's lovely. Well, that's me. Bye bye.

哦,真的是這樣!謝謝你坐在這兒和我這樣一個老女人說話。他很可愛。好吧,那是我。再見。

LEO: So we meet again.

我們又見面了。

EMMA: It's the guy with the table.

是桌子旁邊的那個人。

LEO: Oh. The girl with the broken shoe remembers me?

哦。穿着壞掉的鞋的女孩,還記得我嗎?

EMMA: Another thing you stole?

你偷的另一件東西?

LEO: Hey I didn't steal the table. This one's a long story.

嘿,我沒有偷桌子。這是一個漫長的故事。

EMMA: OK.

好吧。