當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第62期:On Pins and Needles 如坐鍼氈

一分鐘英語 第62期:On Pins and Needles 如坐鍼氈

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.9K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《英語一分鐘》欄目!

Pins and needles are small, sharp, thin metal objects often used when sewing.

大頭針和縫紉針,是細小、尖尖的的金屬物,在縫紉中經常會用到。

But, what do you think it means when people say this? ON PINS AND NEEDLES

然而,你知道下面這個俗語的含義嗎?人們經常會說到,ON PINS AND NEEDLES

padding-bottom: 61.23%;">一分鐘英語 第62期:On Pins and Needles 如坐鍼氈

Oh, hi! Hey, how did your audition go last weekend?

嗨! 你上週的試鏡怎麼樣?

I think it went okay!

我覺得還不錯!

But I won't hear back from the casting director until the middle of next week.

但是星探那邊還沒有回信。到下週才能知道結果。

Ugh! The waiting game is the worst.

哦!等待的感覺確實很糟糕。

You've got that right.

的確是這樣的。

I'm going to be on pins and needles until I get that phone call.

我每天都坐立不安,直到等到電話通知纔會安心。

If someone is on pins and needles, they are very nervous or anxious.

如果有人感覺像是坐在針上的話,他們通常會焦慮不安。

It is usually used to describe someone who is waiting to hear news about something really important to them.

這通常用來形容一個人,在焦急地等待某事的消息,這件事對他又非常重要。

It is hard to relax if you are "on pins and needles."

因此人們很難放鬆,尤其是在坐立不安的時候。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。