當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 你在等待什麼?What are you still waiting for?

你在等待什麼?What are you still waiting for?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.02K 次

你在等待什麼?What are you still waiting for?

What are you still waiting for?
你正在等待什麼?

Almost everyone is waiting for something. Therefore, we are looking forward to time’s flying quickly so that the day we are longing for can come soon. Time flies away without anything left in this way.
幾乎每個人都有正在等待的東西,因此我們常常期盼時間過得快一點,讓我們指望的那一天到來。時間就這樣不明不白地流走了。

If you are required to throw away 100 yuan every day, you will not do it. But you are often throwing away a more precious thing, time.
如果讓你每天扔掉100元,你肯定不幹。但是你常常輕易扔掉更加寶貴的時間。

Suppose you are 35 years old now. if you can live up to 80 years old, you still have 45 years to live, a total of 16425 days. If you throw away 100 yuan per day, you will throw away over 1.6 million finally, which can only afford a house in Beijing. But you will feel reluctant to do it.
假定你現在35歲,按照平均壽命80歲計算的話,還有45年的時間,一共是16425天,每天扔掉100元,你這一生也就扔掉160多萬,這個數字不過是北京一套房子的錢,但是你會心疼得不得了,絕對不會幹這樣的蠢事。

But now your life only keeps 16,000 days, and you often waste them by tens a time, only to wait for someday to come. You live through everyday in confusion, thinking what you should do in the future. Not only do you meet the end of your life will you come to realize that you have wasted your whole life. Similarly, what bothered you yesterday is not only allowed by you to enter your dream, but also becomes the first thing you consider the next day once you open your eyes.
但是你的生命才剩一萬六千多天,你卻常常一扔就是十幾天、幾十天,僅僅爲了等待某個日子。每一天,你都在迷茫中讓時間匆匆過去,頭腦裏想的都是將來要如何如何,等到將來生命快結束的時候,你發現一生都扔掉了。同樣地,昨天發生的一些煩惱事,你不僅讓它進入夢裏,還讓它成爲第二天一睜眼就考慮的事。


你在等待什麼?What are you still waiting for? 第2張

When your heart is fully covered by dust, world will dim away accordingly.
當心靈蒙上了太多的灰塵,世界因此就暗淡下來。

We will often think of our happy childhood and blame our society and family for our tedious life. Actually it is not true. No matter what era human beings live in, they tend to be happier when they are young, for the reason that humans like carrying everything of the past with them all the way, which bars them from focusing the present authentic world.
我們常常回想童年的歡樂時光,並認爲現在的苦悶是社會、家庭的改變導致的。其實不是,不管什麼時代,人們都是在越小的時候越容易歡樂。原因就在於人習慣於背上過去的包袱,它使我們沒法把注意力集中到當下真實的世界。

For a child, it is exciting to see a monkey in the park, see pedestrians in the street, eat and drink, go to school and go back home. Every little scenery is fresh to him, for he does not put some obstacles of the past between his heart and the outside world.
對於一個兒童來說,去動物園看猴子、在大街上看行人、吃飯喝水、上學回家,都是會讓他興奮的事。每一處景色都是新鮮的,他沒有過去的包袱隔在心靈和世界之間。

Assume that you can still live like a child without anything. Then your choice may be different every day. Assumes that you have no identity, status and property, then everyone around you means a lot to you and every meal is delicately delicious to you as if you have never touched it before. You will view everything with an appreciative sense and feel amazed at human’s intelligence for creating so many beautiful things.
假使你能設想自己仍然是一個兒童,一無所有,那麼你每天的選擇也許會全然不同。假使你沒有身份,沒有地位,也沒有財產,那麼每一個人對你而言都是珍貴的(想象一下在一個孤島上常年見不到人的情形);每一餐飯也都是可口的,好像你從來沒吃過它;每一件東西都只得用欣賞藝術的眼光去審視,因爲你對人類智慧能變出這麼美的東西感到驚奇。

你在等待什麼?What are you still waiting for? 第3張

Putting down the burden of the past and cleaning your heart totally, you will feel a different new world. Maybe it is easier said than done. But you can regard your everyday sleep as the end of your life and think that you will not get up any more once you fall into sleep. It is done by some monks. They will put their bowls upside down, which means they cannot see the bowl any more. It is not a total assumption, for you will never know when the death will befall.
放下包袱,及時清空自己的心靈,你就能感受到一個不一樣的新鮮世界。也許說起來容易,做起來難。那麼你就把每天入睡當做生命的終點,準備上牀後再也不會起來——一些僧人就是這麼做的,他們會把自己用的碗倒扣在桌子上,意思是從此以後再也用不着它了。這並不完全是一種假想,誰也不知道死亡什麼時候到來。

If the next day you can still wake up, then you should treat yourself as a newborn baby. You will stunning discover that everyone is very kind. A baby has no revenge. Every chirp of birds and every blooming flower is thrilling to you, as you did not heart singing and see the flower before.
如果第二天醒來了,我們就把自己當做一個新生的嬰兒。你會發現每一個人都很友善——一個嬰兒怎麼會有仇人呢?每一聲鳥啼、每一朵花兒都是令人興奮的,因爲你從來沒有聽過、見過它們。

We should learn to clean our soul, or our life will never light up.
我們必須學會清空自己,否則,人生就不會被光芒照亮。

熱點閱讀

  • 1Atlantic Gulf West Indies Warranty(warranty limit areas in the marine insurance)是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 2bactericidal finishing with low molecular weight organic是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 3每日一句口語 第2509期:The world may be full of cheating, however we never lack friends w
  • 4bolt fastener with sliding bar for door leaves (wings of doors) ,window sashes (wings是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 5英語笑話:You have to roll up the windows first 你必須先把車窗搖上去
  • 6美語情景對話 第1306期:What is your favorite place in your city? 在你的城市你最喜歡的地方是哪裏?
  • 7在前進的路上,你發現了什麼What You Find along the Way
  • 8你必須先把車窗搖上去 You have to roll up the windows first
  • 9第238課:Would you like to live in a country where there is a lot of snow?
  • 10automatic turning machine with a plurality of working spindles是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 11父親在孩子成長中扮演的角色The Role Father Plays in Children’s Growing Up
  • 12十二星座期待的浪漫情人節What do Twelve Constellation Expect for Romantic Valentine's Day
  • 13美國應樂見俄羅斯出兵敘利亞 Obama will have to rely on ugly allies to fight Isis
  • 14alternating current three phase three wire system with earthed hull as neutral wire是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 15authority which controls the enterprises and undertakings controls financial power是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 推薦閱讀

  • 1第43課:Which TV show do you want your life to be like?
  • 2comprehensive utilization of the three wastes (water,gas and industrial residue)是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 3西方必須正視難民危機 National perceptions swept away by the flow of humanity
  • 4閱讀造就你我英語作文You are what you read
  • 5摧毀意志力的四樣東西 Four Things That Undermine Your Willpower大綱
  • 6摧毀意志力的四樣東西 Four Things That Undermine Your Willpower
  • 7account for the smooth siting of power plants and other nuclear energy facilities是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 8allowances for building workers who move from place to place on construction sites是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 9Thank You For Interview
  • 10低增長是後危機時代的現實 Slow growth is a fact of life in the post crisis world
  • 11allowances for building workers who move from place to place on construction sites是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋大綱
  • 12casing of switch with a handle serving a purpose other than the actuation,lever switch是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解
  • 13《等你waiting for you》有感
  • 14美語情景對話 第1327期:Would you rather live in a new city or old city? 你更願意在新城生活還是在古城生活?
  • 15carriage type switchgear,without isolating switch是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 16如何才能健康地退休 A slow exit from the workforce is the healthier way to retire
  • 17automatic catches for door leaf (wing of a door),window sash (wing)是什麼意思、英文翻譯及中文解釋
  • 18相思·你在等待着什麼?50字
  • 19William Petty, Earl of Shelburne 1782 3 Whig
  • 20When You Are Old