當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 中國寓言故事雙語版 第68期:遠走高飛

中國寓言故事雙語版 第68期:遠走高飛

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.73K 次

ing-bottom: 85.47%;">中國寓言故事雙語版 第68期:遠走高飛

Tian Rao had served Ai Gong, King of the State of Lu, for many years, but he was never appointed to any important position.

田饒雖然服侍魯哀公多年,但是仍然沒有受到重用。

One day, Tian Rao said to Ai Gong of Lu: "I am going to leave Your Majesty, and fly high and far to distant places like the swan goose."

有一天,田饒對魯哀公說: “我要離開大王,像鴻雁那樣遠走高飛。”

"What do you mean?" asked Ai Gong.

魯哀公說:“你這是什麼意思?”

Tian Rao replied: "Haven't Your Majesty seen a rooster before?

田饒回答說:“大王難道沒有見過雄雞嗎?

It has a red cockscomb on its head and looks very elegant.

它頭上戴着紅冠,非常文雅。

It has sharp claws on its feet and is of martial bearing.

腳上有鋒利的爪子,格外英武。

When facing enemies, it is very brave and vigorous and fights to the bitter end.

面對敵人敢打敢拼,十分勇猛。

When it fords food, it will call its pals to enjoy together, and is very kind.

看見食物就呼喚同伴一道享用,多麼仁義。

It keeps watch during the night and crows at dawn, never bungles matters and is very honest.

晚上守夜,黎明報曉,從來不會誤事,極其誠實!

Though the rooster has these five merits, Your Majesty still order your subordinates to cook it for food.

雄雞雖然有這五種長處,可是大王還是命令手下人把它煮了吃。

Why is that so? Because it is near to Your Majesty."

爲什麼會這樣呢?因爲它就在大王身邊啊!”

Tian Rao paused and then continued: "As to the swan goose, its one flight covers I,000 li.

田饒頓了頓,接着說: “至於那鴻雁,一飛就是千里。

Sometimes it stops by Your Majesty's pools, and eats your fish and soft-shelled turtles.

有時停在大王的水池邊,吃大王的魚鱉。

Sometimes it stops in Your Majesty's fields and pecks your beans and grains.

有時停在大王的田園裏,啄大王的豆類和穀物。

Though it does not have the merits of the rooster, Your Majesty still regard it highly because it is far away from you.

儘管它沒有雄雞的長處,可是大王還是很器重它。

Therefore, please permit me to fly high and far to distant places like the swan goose."

這是因爲它離大王遠啊,所以請允許我也像鴻雁一樣遠走高飛了吧!”