當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 精選寓言故事雙語閱讀

精選寓言故事雙語閱讀

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.79K 次

寓言故事是文學體裁的一種。含有諷喻或明顯教訓意義的故事。它的結構簡短,多用借喻手法,使富有教訓意義的主題或深刻的道理在簡單的故事中體現。其成功之處在於故事的可讀性很強,無論人們的文化水準高低,都能在簡練明晰的故事中悟出道理。下面本站小編爲大家帶來精選寓言故事欣賞雙語閱讀,希望大家喜歡!

ing-bottom: 40%;">精選寓言故事雙語閱讀
  精選寓言故事:太太您富有嗎

They huddled inside the storm door -- two children in ragged outgrown coats.

他們蜷縮着相互偎依在我家的擋風門棟裏——兩個衣衫襤褸的孩子,他們的衣服小得不能再小了。

"Any old papers, lady?"

“太太,請問您有舊報紙嗎?”

I was busy. I wanted to say no -- until I looked down at their feet. Thin little sandals, sopped with sleet.

當時,我正忙着,本來想對他們說沒有,但當我看到他們腳上只穿着一雙被冰雪浸溼得再單薄不過的便鞋時,我再也說不出口了。

"Come in and I'll make you a cup of hot cocoa."

“進屋來吧,我來給你們煮一杯熱可可茶。”

There was no conversation. Their soggy sandals left marks upon the hearthstone.

默默地他們跟我進了屋,爐邊他們浸溼的便鞋留下了一串腳印。

I served them cocoa and toast with jam to fortify against the chill outside.

我給他們端上可可茶和果醬麪包,我想這能幫助他們抵禦外面的風寒。

Then I went back to the kitchen and started again on my household budget.

然後我回到了廚房,像往常一樣,爲了明天的生活而精打細算。

The silence in the front room struck through to me. I looked in. The girl held the empty cup in her hands, looking at it.

前屋裏沒有一點聲音,這讓我感到很奇怪。我向屋裏望去,小女孩手裏正端着那個已經喝完了的茶杯,認真地凝視着

The boy asked in a flat voice," Lady ... are you rich?"

“太太,您富有嗎?”男孩子語氣平緩地問道。

"Am I rich? Mercy, no!" I looked at my shabby slipcovers.

“我富有嗎?”我看了看沙發上那寒酸的裝飾布,回答說,“天哪,我可算不上。”

The girl put her cup back in its saucer -- carefully.

這時,那個小女孩非常小心地把杯子放回到茶碟裏。

"Your cups match your saucers."

“您的杯子和茶碟非常相配。”

Her voice was old, with a hunger that was not of the stomach.

她說話的聲音聽起來不像是個孩子,帶着一種對食物以外的東西的渴望。

They left then, holding their bundles of papers against the wind. They hadn't said thank you.

然後,他們抱着舊報紙,頂着風雪離開了。他們甚至沒有說一聲“謝謝”

They didn't need to. They had done more than that. Plain blue pottery cups and saucers. But they matched.

是的,他們根本沒有必要說,實際上他們所做的比道謝更重要。非常平常的一對蘭色陶瓷杯碟,但它們確實很相配。

I tested the potatoes and stirred the gravy.

我查看了一下鍋裏煮着的土豆然後又攪拌了幾下肉汁。

Potatoes and brown gravy, a roof over our heads, my man with a good steady job -- these things matched, too.

有土豆和棕色肉湯可以吃,有房子可以住,我的丈夫有一份很好很穩定的工作--這一切的一切同樣也很匹配。

I moved the chairs back from the fire and tidied the living room.

我把椅子從爐邊向後拉開些,然後把起居室整理乾淨。

The muddy prints of small sandals were still wet upon my hearth. I let them be.

地面上留下的泥腳印還沒幹。

I want them there in case I ever forget again how very rich I am.

是的,我想讓它們留在那裏,提醒我不要忘了我是多麼的富有。

  精選寓言故事:你來決定

There was once a wise old woman who lived back in the hills. All the children used to come backand ask her questions. She always gave the right answers.

從前,有一位博學的老婦人,她住在後山。過去所有的孩子都經常來找她問問題。她總是有求必應。

There was a naughty little boy among the children. One day he caught a tiny bird and held it inhis cupped hands.

其中有一個調皮的小男孩。有一天,他抓到一隻小鳥,雙手捧住

Then he gathered his friends around. He said, “Let’s trick the old woman. I’ll ask her what I’mholding in my hands.

然後把夥伴們叫到身邊,說:“咱們去哄一下那個老太太。我要問她我手裏握着什麼東西。她肯定會回答說我握的是小鳥。

Of course, she’ll answer that I have a bird.

然後,我問她小鳥是活的還是死的。

Then I will ask her if the bird is living or dead. If she says the bird is dead,

如果她說鳥是死的,我就張開手讓小鳥飛走

I’ll open my hands and let the bird fly away. If she says the bird is alive, I’ll quickly crush itand show her the dead bird. Either way, she’ll be wrong.”

。如果她說小鳥是活的,我就馬上用勁一捏,讓她看到那隻死鳥。不管用什麼方法,她都說不對。”

The children agreed that this was a clever plan. Up the hill they went to the old woman’s hut.

孩子們都異口同聲的說這是一個聰明的計劃。他們爬上山,來到了老婦人的小屋。

“Granny, we have a question for you,” they all shouted.

“奶奶,我們要問您一個問題。”他們都大聲說道。

“What’s in my hands?” asked the little boy.

“我手裏是什麼東西?”那個小男孩問道。

“Well, it must be a bird,” replied the old woman.

“噢,肯定是一隻小鳥,”老婦人回答說。

“But is it living or dead?” demanded the excited boy.

“可是活的還是死的呢?”小男孩興奮的問到。

The old woman thought for a moment and then replied, “It is as you will, my child.”

老婦人想了一會兒,然後回答說:“孩子,這由你來決定。”