當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語散文 > 4級英語閱讀文章精選

4級英語閱讀文章精選

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.25W 次

大學英語文章閱讀是大學英語教育教學中的重點,對教學目標的實現具有非常重要的作用。下面是本站小編帶來的4級英語閱讀文章,歡迎閱讀!

ing-bottom: 85.94%;">4級英語閱讀文章精選
  4級英語閱讀文章精選

John and Bobby joined a wholesale company togther just after graduation from college the same year. Both worked very hard. After several years, however, the boss promoted Bobby to theposotion of manager but John remained an ordinary employee. John could not take it anymore, tendered his resignation to the boss and complained the boss did not know how to delegate and did not value hard working staff, but only promoted those who flattered him.

The boss knew that John worked very hard for the years. He thought a moment and said, "Thank you for your criticism, but I have a request. I hope you will do one more thing for our company before you leave. Perhaps you will change your decision and take back your resignation."

John agreed. The boss asked him to go and find out anyone selling watermelon in the market. John went and returned soon. He said he had found out a man selling watermelon. The boss asked how much per kg? John shook his head and went back to the market to ask and returned to inform the boss $1.2 per kg.

Boss told John to wait a second, and he called Bobby to come to his office. He asked Bobby to go and find anyone seling watermelon in the market. Bobby went, returned and said, boss, only one person selling watermelon. $1.2 per kg, $10 for 10kg, he has inventory of 340 melons. On the table 58 melons, every melon weights about 2 kg, bought from the South two days ago, they are fresh and red, good quality.

John was very impresed and realized the difference between himself and Bobby. He decided not to resign but to learn from Bobby.

My dear friends, a more successful person is more observant, thinks more and explores in depth. Chances exists in the daily details. For the same matter, a more successful person sees more and farther so that he can find out an opportunity and catch it to realize his aim. If a person sees one year ahead, while another sees only tomorrow. The difference between a year and a day is 365times, how could you win?

約翰和博比同年大學畢業後,被同一家批發公司錄用。他們二人工作都很努力。然而,幾年後,老闆提拔博比爲部門經理,而約翰還是一名普通員工。約翰再也無法忍受,衝動之下寫了一封辭職信,並抱怨老闆不會用人,不重用那些敬業的員工,只提升那些奉承他的人。

老闆知道這幾年約翰工作確實很努力。他想了一會兒說:“謝謝你對我的批評。但是我只有一個請求,我希望在你離開之前再爲公司做一件事情。或許到時你會改變決定,收回辭呈。”

約翰答應了。 老闆讓他去市場找到一個賣西瓜的人。約翰去了並很快回來。他說他找到了一個賣西瓜的人。老闆問他每公斤多少錢?約翰搖搖頭,回到市場去問,然後又回來告訴老闆每公斤1.2美元。

老闆讓約翰等一會兒,這時他把博比叫到辦公室。他讓博比去市場找到一個賣西瓜的人。博比去了,回來之後說:“老闆,只有一個賣西瓜的人,每公斤1.2美元,每10公斤賣10美元。這個人一共有340個西瓜,其中58個放在貨架上,每個西瓜重約2公斤,都是兩天前從南方運來的,新鮮,紅瓤,質量好。”

約翰受到很大的觸動,他意識到自己與博比之間的差距。他決定收回辭呈並向博比學習。

親愛的朋友們,成功的人更善於觀察,勤于思考和孜孜探求。機遇就存在於生活的細節中。同樣的一件事,一個成功的人會看得更多更遠。有人看到一年後的情景,而你只看到明天。一年與一天的差距是365倍,你怎麼能贏呢?

  4級英語閱讀文章閱讀

你是上帝的妻子嗎

New York city: It's a cold day in December. A little boy about 10-year-old was standing in frontof a shoe store on Broadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering with cold.A lady approached the boy and said:"My little fellow, why are you looking so earnestly in thatwindow?"

"I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes." The boy replied.

The lady took him by the hand and went into the store, and asked the clerk to get a half dozenpairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a basin of water and a towel. Theclerk quickly brought them to her. She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and,removing her gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel. By thistime the clerk had returned with the socks. Placing a pair upon the boy's feet, she thenpurchased him a pair of shoes, and tying up the remaining pairs of socks, gave them to theboy. She patted him on the head and said:"No doubt, my little fellow, you feel more comfortablemow?"

As she turned to go, the astonished lad caught her by the hand, and looking up in her face,with tears in his eyes, answered the question with these words:"Are you God's wife?"

紐約城,12月份寒冷的一天。一個10多歲的小男孩赤腳佇立在百老匯的一家鞋店前,透過櫥窗朝裏面凝望着,在寒冷中,他禁不住瑟瑟發抖。一位女士走近男孩說道:“我的小朋友,你那麼認真地盯着櫥窗,看什麼呢?”

“我在請求上帝給我一雙鞋子。”男孩回答。

女士牽着他的手走進了商店,讓店員去取半打棉襪。然後她問能否打一盆水並拿一塊毛巾。很快店員取來了。她把小傢伙帶到商店的後面,脫下手套,蹲下來給他洗了那雙小腳,然後用毛巾擦乾。這時,店員也取來了襪子,她把一雙穿到了男孩的腳上,又爲他買了一雙鞋子,然後捆好剩餘的襪子遞給了男孩,女士拍着他的頭說:“小朋友,現在一定感到舒服多了吧?”

當她轉身剛想離開時,一臉驚訝的小傢伙抓住她的手,仰起臉來盯着她,眼中噙滿了淚水。他沒有直接回答,而是問道:“你是上帝的妻子嗎?”

  4級英語閱讀文章學習

老鼠嫁女兒

Once upon a time, there was a mouse father.

(很久很久以前,有一個老鼠爸爸)

He wanted to marry his daughter to the greatest person in the world.

(他想要將他的女兒嫁給世界上最偉大的人)

But, who was the greatest person in the world?

(但是,誰是世界上最偉大的人呢?)

Oh! The sun! He must be the greatest person in the world.

(啊!是太陽!他一定是世界上最偉大的人)

The mouse father went to talk to the sun.

(老鼠爸爸就去找太陽說話)

“Hello! Mr. Sun. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈囉!太陽先生,我知道你是世界上最偉大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你願意娶我的女兒嗎?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the cloud.

(什麼?我纔不是世界上最偉大的人呢!最偉大的應該是雲)

If he comes out, I’ll be covered.”

(只要他一出現,我就被遮住了)

The mouse father went to talk to the cloud.

(老鼠爸爸就去找雲)

“Hello! Mr. Cloud. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈囉!雲先生,我知道你是世界上最偉大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你願意娶我的女兒嗎?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the wind.

(什麼?我纔不是世界上最偉大的人呢!最偉大的應該是風)

If he comes out, I’ll be blown away.”

(只要他一出現,我就被吹的遠遠的)

The mouse father went to talk to the wind.

(老鼠爸爸就去找風)

“Hello! Mr. Wind. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈囉!風先生,我知道你是世界上最偉大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你願意娶我的女兒嗎?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is the wall.

(什麼?我纔不是世界上最偉大的人呢!最偉大的應該是牆)

If he comes out, I’ll be stopped.”

(只要他一出現,我就被擋住了)

The mouse father went to talk to the wall.

(老鼠爸爸就去找牆)

“Hello! Mr. Wall. I know you are the greatest person in the world.

(哈囉!牆先生,我知道你是世界上最偉大的人)

Would you marry my daughter?”

(你願意娶我的女兒嗎?)

“What? I’m not the greatest person in the world. The greatest person is YOU, the mouse.”

(什麼?我纔不是世界上最偉大的人呢!最偉大的其實是你們!是老鼠!)

“The greatest person in the world is … mouse?”

(世界上最偉大的人…是老鼠?)

“Yes, the greatest person in the world is mouse. See? If mouse comes out, I’ll be bit!”

(沒錯!世界上最偉大的就是老鼠,你看,只要你們一出現,我就被挖洞了!)

The mouse father was very happy.

(老鼠爸爸好開心!)

He finally knew mouse was the greatest person in the world.

(他終於知道世界上最偉大的人了,就是老鼠。)

He would marry his daughter to the handsome mouse next door.

(他決定要將自己的女兒嫁給隔壁英俊的鼠小弟。