當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語散文 > 適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文

適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.74K 次

初中生多閱讀一些短篇的英語美文,對於英語閱讀能力的提高會有所幫助,今天本站小編在這裏爲大家分享一些適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文,希望大家會喜歡這些美文美段!

適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文
  適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文篇一

Love and Time

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.

When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,

"Richness, can you take me with you?"

Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. "Vanity, please help me!"

"I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, let me go with you."

"Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,

Love asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who Helped me?"

"It was Time," Knowledge answered.

"Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?"

Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."

  適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文篇二

All that is beautiful poems and passages of life

things do not change;we your clothes and keep your thoughts.

萬物不變,是我們在變。你的衣服可以賣掉,但要保留你的思想

think it over……好好想想……

today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;

今天我們擁有了更高層的樓宇以及更寬闊的公路,但是我們的性情卻更爲急躁,眼光也更加狹隘;

we spend more,but enjoy less;

我們消耗的更多,享受到的卻更少;

we have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;

我們的住房更大了,但我們的家庭卻更小了;

we have more compromises,but less time;

我們妥協更多,時間更少;

we have more knowledge,but less judgment;

我們擁有了更多的知識,可判斷力卻更差了;

we have more medicines,but less health;

我們有了更多的藥品,但健康狀況卻更不如意;

we have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;

我們擁有的財富倍增,但其價值卻減少了;

we talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;

我們說的多了,愛的卻少了,我們的仇恨也更多了;

we reached the moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;

我們可以往返月球,但卻難以邁出一步去親近我們的左鄰右舍;

we have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;

我們可以征服外太空,卻征服不了我們的內心;

we have highter income,but less morals;

我們的收入增加了,但我們的道德卻少了;

these are times with more liberty,but less joy;

我們的時代更加自由了,但我們擁有的快樂時光卻越來越少;

we have much more food,but less nutrition;

我們有了更多的食物,但所能得到的營養卻越來越少了;

these are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;

現在每個家庭都可以有雙份收入,但離婚的現象越來越多了;

these are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;

現在的住房越來越精緻,但我們也有了更多破碎的家庭;

that‘s why i propose,that as of today;

這就是我爲什麼要說,讓我們從今天開始;

you do not keep anything for a special use every day that you live is a special occasion.

不要將你的東西爲了某一個特別的時刻而預留着,因爲你生活的每一天都是那麼特別;

search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;

尋找更我的知識,多讀一些書,坐在你家的前廊裏,以讚美的眼光去享受眼前的風景,不要帶上任何功利的想法;

spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;

花多點時間和朋友與家人在一起,吃你愛吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;

生活是一串串的快樂時光;我們不僅僅是爲了生存而生存;

use your crystal not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.

舉起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝嗇灑上你最好的香水,你想用的時候就享用吧!

remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";

從你的詞彙庫中移去所謂的“有那麼一天”或者“某一天”;

let‘s write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!

曾打算“有那麼一天”去寫的信,就在今天吧!

let‘s tell our families and friends how much we love them;

告訴家人和朋友,我們是多麼地愛他們;

do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;

不要延遲任何可以給你的生活帶來歡笑與快樂的事情;

every day,every hour,and every minute is special;

每一天、每一小時、每一分鐘都是那麼特別;

and you don't know if it will be your last.

你無從知道這是否最後刻。

  適合初中學生閱讀的英語美文:心理學上,人爲何會有色彩偏好

1. Race

種族

Art teacher and color theorist Josef Albers onceconducted an experiment with his students.

藝術老師兼色彩理論家約瑟夫·阿波斯曾經用他的學生們做過一個實驗。

He first asked them to paint a canvas with swatchesof their favorite colors. Then he hung the results onthe walls accompanied by a photograph of eachstudent.

他首先讓學生們在畫布上用自己最喜歡的顏色畫些色塊。然後,它把這些作品掛在了牆上,並在每一個作品旁邊放上了對應學生的照片。

An interesting pattern soon became apparent: people most liked the colors of their ownbodies.

這時,出現了一個很有趣的結果:人們基本都更喜歡自己身體上的顏色。

Blue-eyed people were smitten with shades of blue. Blondes taken with yellow hues. Redheadswere fascinated by various russet shades. Dark-skinned people with browns and olives.

藍眼睛的人對藍色完全沒有招架力。金髮的人喜歡黃色系。紅髮的人則對各種紅褐色着迷。深色皮膚的人喜歡棕色和橄欖綠。

2. Gender

性別

Vance Packard, in his famous book THE HIDDEN PERSUADERS, said that store products— likeboxes of detergent—- will sell better to women if they are packaged in red; conversely, he said,men are most attracted to store products packaged in blue.

萬斯·帕卡德在他的著作《隱藏的說服者》當中說:像香體噴霧一類的貨架商品,如果用紅色的包裝,就更容易讓女性購買;相反地,他又說,男性更容易被藍色包裝的商品吸引。

If a man does pick a red, Packard claimed, it will be an orange-red, while women seem to prefer“cool” reds.

帕卡德說:即使一個男性真的選擇了一款紅色商品,那這也會是一件橙紅色的商品,而女性更傾向於“冷色調”的紅色。

Me, I have recently noticed that many, many products aimed at men will come in a black or graypackage, almost as if to say, “If you’re a man, you demand serious, no-nonsense products.” (And women don’t?).

而我呢,我最近發現,很多針對男性消費者的商品都會用黑色或灰色的包裝,簡直就像是在說:“如果你是個男人,你就應該要這種嚴肅的、不開玩笑的商品。”(而女性就不是?)

The big question is: do the sexes like these colors because they were taught (brainwashed?) todo so by their parents and societies, or by a shadowy patriarchy? Or is there something morefundamental, even genetic, at work in our color preferences?

現在主要的問題是:兩性分別喜歡這些顏色到底是因爲父母、社會、亦或是潛移默化的父權體系教他們這麼做的(被洗腦了)?還是說,在我們的顏色偏好這件事上,有一些更基礎的、甚至是基因層面的因素在起作用?

N.B.(注:nota bebe,源自拉丁文) I am just tossing up here things I’ve variously read on thesubject. I do not submit them here as facts, necessarily, or as my own personal convictions onthe subject.

注意:我只是講了些我在各處閱讀到的材料。我並沒有說他們都一定是確鑿的事實,也不是說這些都是我對這個話題所抱的觀點。


猜你喜歡:

1.英語經典美文短文精選

2.值得閱讀的英語美文3篇

3.初中生英語美文欣賞

4.初中晨讀勵志英語美文精選

5.勵志短篇英語美文摘抄

6.初中晨讀勵志英語美文

7.初中英語勵志短文欣賞