流行美語脱口説:你需要放輕鬆!
You need to lighten up! 你需要放輕鬆!
當某人正經八百,或緊張兮兮的時候,你就可以用You need to lighten up! 或 Lighten up!來要對方"放輕鬆!"
A:We can't go out for dinner! We have to finish this project!
我們不能出去吃晚餐,我們必須做完這個計劃!
B:Lighten up! It's not due for days! 放輕鬆!還有好幾天才會結束!
A:Our neighbors are drinking and making so much noise! 我們的鄰居在喝酒,吵死了!
B:Lighten up! It's the weekend. They're just having a little fun!
放輕鬆!今天是週末!他們只是小小娛樂一下!
You can't teach an old dog new tricks!你沒辦法教老狗玩新把戲.
該句就是"老狗玩不出新把戲",比喻上了年紀或已經變成老油條的人失去了創新、求變的能力.
Girl: Mom, I was thinking about getting Dad to dress in cooler clothes...
媽,我在想要讓爸爸嘗試穿着較新潮的衣服...
Mom: Honey, don't even try. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
親愛的,別試了,老狗是玩不出新把戲的.
Now that you mention it... 既然你提起了...
這句話是作為開頭語之用,當別人提起了什麼事,剛好讓你想起來某些事情的時候,就可以説Now that you mention it,以表達你順便要談一些問題或事情.
A:Do you need anything at the store? 你要我從店裏幫你帶些什麼嗎?
B:Now that you mention it, could you get me a chocolate bar?
既然你都自己問了,那你能幫我帶個巧克力棒嗎?
A:You don't look so good. Are you feeling OK? 你的氣色看來不太好,你感覺還好吧?
B:Now that you mention it, I am feeling a little queasy.
既然你都問了,我感覺有點想要吐.
Go to one's head (驕傲到)滿腦子想的都是...
這個句型的意思是指一個人在獲得成功勝利或是某種地位之時,卻別這樣的優越感衝昏了頭,一切的舉動都充滿了驕傲得到氣息.
A:Winning the spelling bee has really gone to Brian's head.
布萊恩在拼字比賽中拿了冠軍,讓他自覺不可一世.
B:Tell me about it. It's all he ever talks about.
這還用你説.他成天就只提這回事.