美語情景對話 第323期:Canada 加拿大
Todd: OK, hello!
託德:你好!Jeff: Hello!
傑夫:你好!Todd: How are you doing?
託德:你過得怎麼樣?
Jeff: Good Morning. Good.
傑夫:早上好。我很好。Todd: Could you introduce yourself please?
託德:請你介紹一下自己好嗎?Jeff: I'm Jeff Eagar.
傑夫:我叫傑夫·伊戈。Todd: Jeff. OK. And where are you from?
託德:好,傑夫。你來自哪裏?Jeff: I'm from Canada.
傑夫:我來自加拿大。Todd: Oh, OK, where in Canada?
託德:哦,好的,來自加拿大的哪裏?Jeff: I'm from a little island on the east coast of Canada. A small island called Cape Breton.
傑夫:我來自加拿大東海岸的一個小島。那個小島叫做布雷頓角島。Todd: Cape Breton!
託德:布雷頓角島!Jeff: Cape Breton!
傑夫:布雷頓角島!Todd: OK. and where, where do you live now?
託德:好,那你現在在哪裏生活?Jeff: I'm living in Japan now, in Saitama.
傑夫:我現在生活在日本的埼玉縣。Todd: Oh, OK. Alright, um, so tell me about Canada!
託德:好。嗯,跟我説説加拿大的情況吧!Jeff: Mm, big, big country, very big..
傑夫:嗯,加拿大是一個大國,非常非常大。Todd: Yeah!
託德:哇!Jeff: Nice country! Clean. Um, friendly, friendly people.
傑夫:非常好的國家!整潔、友好,民眾很友好。Todd: Yeah.
託德:好。Jeff: Cheap. , cold winters, long winters, very long.
傑夫:開銷少。冬天很冷,也很漫長,冬天持續的時間非常長。Todd: Oh, OK. How much longer do you think your gonna be in Japan?
託德:好。你要在日本生活多長時間?Jeff: In Japan? I like Japan. Nice place, and I have a Japanese girlfriend now so I'm not sure that's, with her I'm not sure what, what I'll do so it, it'll be a little while.
傑夫:在日本嗎?我喜歡日本。這是個不錯的地方,我女朋友是日本人,所以我不確定,我不太確定我要怎麼做,可能要待一段時間。Todd: OK.
託德:好。Jeff: But, I like it.
傑夫:不過我很喜歡這裏。Todd: Oh, great. All right thanks.
託德:很好。謝謝你。重點講解:
1. how are you doing
你好嗎;你怎麼樣;過得怎麼樣;
eg. How are you doing these days?
這些日子你怎麼樣?
eg. How are you doing? I can't complain too much.
你好嗎?我不能太抱怨。(還不錯)。
2. introduce oneself
自我介紹;
eg. Let me introduce myself.
我來自我介紹一下。
eg. he English teacher is asking her students to introduce themselves.
英語老師正在叫她的學生們作自我介紹。
3. a little while
不久,一會兒;
eg. She tried for a little while to live without him but couldn't.
她曾一時試圖脱離他獨自生活,但發現那是過不下去的。
eg. He won't be back for a little while yet.
他一時半刻還回不來。