迷你對話學地道口語第1348期:旁觀者清
第一,迷你對話
A: Doesn't he know that his wife is being unfaithful to him?
難道他不知道他老婆對他不忠?
B: And doesn't she know he is being unfaithful to her?
而她也不知道她丈夫對她不忠?
A: If they don't, everybody else does!
如果他們不知道,別人是可以知道的。
B: The looker-on sees most the game.
旁觀者清啊。
A: You got it. Do you think such marriage necessary to go on.
是呀,你覺得這樣的婚姻有必要繼續下去嗎?
B: It is their business.
那時他們的事情。
第二,地道表達
the looker-on sees most of the game
1. 解詞釋義
The looker-on sees most of the game的意思是“旁觀者清”。
2. 拓展範例
E.g. People say " The looker-on sees most of the game." Will you please make a comment on the fair?
人們都説“旁觀者清”,請您對交易會作個評價好嗎?
As the saying goes, "The looker-on sees most the game. " Do you think who is right?
俗話説:“旁觀者清。”你認為誰做得對?
第三,視野拓展
1. be unfaithful to sb.:忠誠於某人
E.g. Because she was a coward, he had been unfaithful to her.
因為她是個膽小鬼,他才對她不忠。
E.g. He is unfaithful to his duty.
他不忠於職守。
2. everybody else:別人
E.g. .I will do my part if everybody else will do theirs.
要是大家都做那我也做。
E.g. Everybody else accepts the decision. Why must you be so bloody-minded?
別人都同意這個決議, 你為什麼偏要故意刁難?
3. go on:繼續
E.g. You're trying to put me off, please go on with the story.
你是在想法轉移目標,還是接着講你的故事吧。
E.g. After a while I said,"Let's go on if you're rested."
過了一會兒我説,“我們走吧,要是你休息好了的話。”
第四,短句翻譯:
1. 表示這是某人的事情,不便插手。
It is one's business.
2. 表示認為某事還有必要繼續下去嗎?
Do you think +something necessary to go on?