“賄賂別人”,用英語怎麼説?
你知道英語中的“賄賂”怎麼説嗎?看看《聞香識女人》的這個片段是怎麼説的吧。
對話原文
I was offered a bribe.
有人賄賂我
Oh, now we're cooked.
有點開竅了
Mr. Trask, the headmaster.
校長垂斯克先生
He promised to get me into Harvard.
答應讓我進哈佛
If you squeal.
只要你告密
What a dilemma.
真是悲劇
Should Charlie Simms accept a free ride into Harvard or not?
查理·西門該不該搭便車進哈佛
What do you think your friend George would do if he were in your shoes?
易地而處 你覺得喬治會怎麼做
He is, practically.
他一定會
How?
怎麼説
I mean, it's just that k hasn't promised to get him into Harvard.
垂克斯先生沒説要送他進哈佛
k doesn't have to.
他沒必要
George's father's gonna take care of that.
喬治的爹會想辦法的
Do the deal, Charlie.
點頭吧 查理
Take it. Go to Harvard.
進哈佛去
I can't do that.
我不能這麼做
Why not?
為什麼不能
It's just some things you just can't do.
有些事你就是不能做
Explain them to me.
解釋給我聽
Louder, please.
大聲一點 拜託
I can't...
我不能
You're gonna have a tough time in this world, Charlie.
你在這世上 可要吃苦頭了
今日重點:
賄賂:bribe。除了作名詞的賄賂,還可以作動詞,“向……行賄”,bribe sb
校長:headmaster
承諾:promise to do sth
告密:squeal。作動詞這個詞還表示“驚聲尖叫”,作名詞表示“尖叫聲”
進退兩難:dilemma
免費搭車:a free ride。引申為“佔便宜”
處於某人的位置:in one's shoes。本義為“穿着某人的鞋子”
接受這筆交易:do the deal