迷你對話學地道口語第1960期:完全承認,全盤托出
第一, 情景對話
A: You're restless. Are you in trouble?
你老是不安,有麻煩嗎?
B: I've done something I shouldn't.
做了件不該做的事。
A: Then make a clean breast of it, you'll feel released.
就徹底懺悔一下吧,你會感覺輕鬆一些的。
B: I've not decided yet.
我還沒決定呢。
第二, 詞海拾貝
make a clean breast of
exp. To confess one's misdeeds or wrongdoings. (完全承認了,全盤托出)
e.g. I felt so guilty about cheating on the test that I had to make a clean breast of it to my teacher.
我對考試作弊感到很內疚,所以我不得不向老師坦白。
e.g. His guilty conscience forced him to make a clean breast of everything.
他的內疚使得他把一切和盤托出。
e.g. The police urged the criminal to make a clean breast of everything.
警察督促犯人坦白説出一切。
e.g. If worst came to worst, he could make a clean breast of it to Butler and receive aid.
如果到了最壞的情況,他可以對巴特勒推心置腹而受到資助。
第三, 語彙積累
1. restless:靜不下來的, 不能安寧的(尤指因厭煩﹑ 煩躁﹑ 焦慮等)
e.g. The children grew restless with the long wait.
孩子們等了很久便着急了。
e.g. After only a month in the job, he felt restless and decided to leave.
那工作他只幹了一個月就厭倦了, 決定不幹了。
2. in trouble:處於困境,處於不幸之中
e.g. If you get in trouble, don't hesitate to ask for advice.
如果碰到麻煩, 要趕緊向人求教。
e.g. We' re in trouble ; this is no time for contention.
我們處境很困難,現在不是爭論的時候。