跟艾米莉一起學口語 第803期:慶祝春節
celebrate
慶祝
Jack has passed his exams. We're going out to celebrate.
傑克已經通過考試,我們要外出慶祝一下。
Chinese celebrate the Lunar New Year.
中國人慶祝農曆新年。
We celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival with some mooncakes.
我們用月餅來慶祝中秋節。
I've never done..
我從沒做過...
I've never heard of the place.
我從來沒有聽說過這個地方。
I've never been to the States.
我從來沒有去過美國。
Conversation
A: Do you know when Spring Festival is this year?
你知道今年春節是什麼時候嗎?
B: Yes, it's next Saturday.
知道啊,是下週六。
A: Oh, good. I thought I had missed it. Are you going to celebrate?
太好了,我還以爲已經過了呢,你們打算慶祝嗎?
B: I don't have any plans to celebrate. What about you?
我還沒有什麼過節的安排,你呢?
A: I'm having some friends and family over for dinner. Do you want to come?
我請了一些朋友,和家裏人一起吃晚餐,你想過來嗎?
B: Sure. Are you going to do anything special to celebrate?
當然好了,你們會做什麼特別的事情來慶祝節日嗎?
A: Yes, we're going to have a big meal together, play mahjong, and make dumplings together.
會呀,我們打算一起吃頓大餐,玩麻將,然後包餃子。
B: When do you plan on eating the dumplings?
你們打算什麼時候吃餃子?
A: It's a tradition in China to eat dumplings at midnight.
中國的傳統習慣是半夜吃餃子。
B: I see. I've never celebrated the Spring Festival before.
我知道了,我以前沒慶祝過春節。
A: Well, you should definitely come to mine this year then. We're going to set off some fireworks in the evening too. It will be a lot of fun.
那你今年一定要來找我一起過。我們晚上會放煙花呢,咱們一定會玩得很開心的。
B: Okay, what time should I come by?
好的,我幾點鐘去?
A: You can come anytime before six PM.
只要晚上六點以前到就行。
B: Should I bring anything with me?
我應該帶點什麼東西嗎?
A: You don't have to bring anything. But if you want to, you could bring a bottle of wine.
你什麼都不用帶,不過如果願意的話,你可以帶一瓶紅酒。
B: OK, should I bring some red envelops for the kids as well?
好的,我是不是還應該給孩子們帶點紅包?
A: Sure, if you want to. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.
你願意的話,那再好不過了。我保證他們會特別喜歡的。