當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第202期:大學娛樂活動 College Pasttimes

美語情景對話 第202期:大學娛樂活動 College Pasttimes

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.46W 次

Todd: So, Alex, you're still at university.

託德:亞歷克斯,你還在上大學吧。

Alex: Yes, sir

亞歷克斯:是的,先生。

Todd: So, what's a typical day at university like?

託德:那大學裏每天基本的生活是什麼樣的?

Alex: A typical day at my school, let's see, well I would usually get up, well last semester, I would get up around 8 or so. My first class would be at 9:10. It'd be an hour so around 10:10 I'd get out of class, you know, have lunch, and I was actually a part of the college radio station.

亞歷克斯:我在學樣每天基本的生活,我想一下,像上個學期,我通常會在八點左右起牀。我第一節課是9點10分開始。時間大概是1小時,所以在10點10分左右我就下課了,你知道,我會去吃午飯,實際上我是學校廣播電臺的成員。

Todd: Oh, really.

託德:哦,真的嗎。

Alex: So yeah, I'd hang out there, play some music, you know, joke around, play some pool, go to class. It wasn't too bad.

亞歷克斯:對,我會去廣播電臺放些音樂,你知道,開玩笑,打檯球,去上課。還不算太壞。

Todd: Yeah, where do you play pool?

託德:嗯,你在哪兒打檯球?

Alex: Oh, well, any place that I can really. There's a pool table right next to my radio station at school so I usually play a lot there - a place called Mr. Pockets, too, where I live. They're pretty inexpensive so, I play there too, but I'm not very good. Like the pool table at my college was, it was a bar pool table so you have to pay money for it, 50 cents a game, and I must have put at least a hundred dollars in there and I'm not any better than when I started out, so I don't know.

亞歷克斯:哦,其實我在哪兒都可以打。我們學校廣播電臺旁邊就有張檯球桌,所以我在那裏打的次數比較多——我還會去一個叫Mr. Pockets的地方打球,我住在那裏。那裏非常貴,我也會在那裏打檯球,不過我打得不好。我們學校的那張檯球桌,以前曾經是酒吧的檯球桌,所以打球也要花錢,一局50美分,我每次都至少會花100美元,我現在的水平跟剛開始打球的時候差不多,我也不太清楚。

Todd: That's OK you have other talents.

託德:那還好。你有其他的天賦

Alex: I guess.

亞歷克斯:我想也是。

Todd: What's the allure of pool? Why do college kids like to play pool?

託德:檯球的魅力是什麼?爲什麼大學生都喜歡打檯球?

Alex: Oh, I have, it's really a mystery, it's very ambiguous. I don't know. It's just the pool tables there and something with hitting balls with a stick into little holes, maybe, but it's a lot of fun. I don't know why I like it as much as I do but even though I'm not so good I like to play some pool.

亞歷克斯:哦,我想檯球非常神祕,讓人捉摸不透。我也不知道。其實就是一張檯球桌,用一根球杆將球打進洞裏而已,不過那真的很有趣。我也不知道我爲什麼那麼喜歡檯球,即使我打得不怎麼好,可是我還是喜歡打檯球。

美語情景對話 第202期:大學娛樂活動 College Pasttimes

重點講解
1. hang out
閒逛,逗留;
eg. I often used to hang out in supermarkets.
我過去經常在超市裏逛個沒完。
We can just hang out and have a good time.
我們可以只是閒逛一下,開開心。
2. joke around
開玩笑;鬧着玩;
eg. John wanted to talk turkey, but Jane just wanted to joke around.
約翰想談正派事,可是簡只想鬧着玩。
eg. If one of us can laugh and joke around, the angry mood lifts instantly.
如果有一個人能發出笑聲,開一開玩笑,憤怒的情緒便會立刻消散。
3. play pool
打檯球;打桌球;
eg. Jay likes to play pool at the bar.
傑伊喜歡在那家酒吧打美式檯球。
eg. Whether you can play pool well depends on your mentality and experience, so is giving a speech.
你是否能打好檯球取決於你的心態和經驗,演講也是一樣。
4. start out
起初;開始;
eg. What started out as fun quickly became hard work.
起初好玩的事很快就變成了艱苦的工作。
eg. The child'll start out by making relatively few distinctions in the language.
孩子開始時不太能辨別語言中的差別。