社交:Decline an Invitation to a Party 拒絕聚會邀請
6. Decline an Invitation to a Party
6.拒絕聚會邀請
A: Did you get the invitation to my party?
A:你收到來我聚會的邀請了嗎?
B: The invitation came in the mail yesterday.
B:邀請函昨天到的郵箱。
A: I was worried it got lost in the mail.
A:我擔心它在郵寄過程中丟失了。
B: Unfortunately, I can't go to your party. I wish I could.
B:很遺憾,我不能參加你的聚會。我希望我可以去。
A: I'm sorry to hear that.
A:很遺憾聽到這個消息。
B: My mother-in-law is visiting that day.
B:我的岳母那天來。
A: I'm really sorry that you can't come.
A:真的很遺憾那天你不能來。
B: If I could sneak out of the house, I would, but my wife would kill me.
B:如果我能溜出家裏,我會來的,但我的老婆會殺了我。
A: I wouldn't want that on my hands.
A:我不想看到發生這樣的事。
B: The next party you have, I promise I will be there.
B:你的下一個派對,我保證會去參加。
A: What if your mother-in-law visits again?
A:如果你岳母再次拜訪呢?
B; Thankfully, she only comes once a year.
B:值得慶幸的是,她一年只來一次。
譯文屬僅供學習和交流使用,未經允許不得轉載