當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot

一分鐘英語 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.54W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

A lot of American English idioms refer to parts of the body. Get off on the wrong foot

許多美式英語習語都和身體的某些部分有關。一開始就不順利

Are Anna and Jonathan having trouble learning a dance?

難道安娜和喬納森跳舞遇到困難了嗎?

How did it go meeting your girlfriend's family?

昨天和女朋友家人的見面怎麼樣呢?

was interesting. First, I was really late…

嗯……挺有意思的。首先,我遲到了……

Oh, Jonathan! Yeah. And then, at dinner, I spilled my water all over her mom.

啊,喬納森!是的。然後吃晚餐時,我把水全灑在了她媽媽身上。

一分鐘英語 第125期:Get off on the Wrong Foot

Jonathan, it sounds like you got off on the wrong foot.

喬納森,聽起來你剛開始不是很順利。

I haven't even gotten to the worst part…

我還沒有說最糟糕的部分。

If you "get off on the wrong foot," you start something new in a bad way.

如果你“一開始就不順利”,表示你以一種糟糕的方式開始某件事。

Sometimes it is because of a mistake you made.

有時也是因爲你犯了錯誤。

You can also "get off on the right foot" if things go well at the start of a new project or relationship!

你也可以“一開始就很順利”,如果某個新的項目或關係在開始就進展地很好!

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!