當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語美文着述 > 雙語哲理美文欣賞:憂鬱的日子

雙語哲理美文欣賞:憂鬱的日子

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.63W 次

摘錄:因爲你只能年輕一次,而且絕對不可能老兩次。

雙語哲理美文欣賞:憂鬱的日子

Everybody has blue days.

These are miserable days when you feel lousy, grumpy, lonely, and utterly exhausted.

Days when you feel small and insignificant,

每個人都有憂鬱的日子。

那些日子真是慘透了,你覺得心裏亂糟糟的、怨氣叢生、寂寞、整個人徹底的精疲力竭。

那些日子總會讓你感到自己的渺小和微不足道,

when everything seems just out of reach.

每件事情似乎都夠不着邊。

You can’t rise to the occasion.

你根本無法振作起來。

Just getting started seems impossible.

根本沒有力氣重新開始。

On blue days you can become paranoid that everyone is out to get you.

在憂鬱的日子裏,你可能變成偏執狂,覺得每個人都想要吃定你。

This is not always such a bad thing.

其實情況並不總是那麼糟。

You feel frustrated and anxious, which can induce a nail-biting frenzy that can escalate into a triple-chocolate-mud-cake-eating frenzy in a blink of an eye!

你感到灰心、焦慮,可能開始神經質地拼命咬指甲,然後不可救藥地陷入一眨眼吃掉三大塊巧克力蛋糕的瘋狂!

On blue days you feel like you’re floating in an ocean of sadness.

在憂鬱的日子裏,你會覺得自己在悲傷的海里沉沉浮浮。

You’re about to burst into tears at any moment and you don’t even know why.

不論在什麼時候,你總有種想哭的衝動,卻不知道爲了什麼。

Ultimately, you feel like you’re wandering through life without purpose.

最後,你覺得自己猶如行屍走肉,失去生活目標。

You’re not sure how much longer you can hang on,

你不知道自己還可以撐多久,

and you feel like shouting, “Will someone please shout me!”

然後你想大喊一聲:“誰來一槍把我打死吧!”

It doesn’t take much to bring on a blue day.

其實一點小事就讓你一天都鬱悶難當。[page]

You might just wake up not feeling or looking your best,

也許只是一覺醒來,沒有感覺到或者看到自己最棒的一面,

find some new wrinkles, put on a little weight, or get a huge pimple on your nose.

發現自己又多了幾條皺紋,又重了幾斤,或是鼻子上冒出了一個大包。

You could forget your date’s name or have an embarrassing photograph published.

你可能忘記了約會對象的名字,或是有張可笑的照片被登出來。

You might get dumped, divorced, or fired, make a fool of yourself in public, be afflicted with a demeaning nickname,

你或許被人拋棄、離了婚,或是被開除,當衆出醜,被刻薄的綽號弄得心亂如麻,

or just have a plain old bad-hair day.

或許只因爲你得整天頂着一個其醜無比的髮型。

Maybe work is a pain in the butt.

也許工作讓你痛苦得如坐鍼氈。

You’re under major pressure to fill someone else’s shoes,

你在強大的壓力下頂替他人的位置,

your boss is picking on you,

你的老闆對你百般挑剔,

and everyone in the office is driving you crazy.

辦公室裏的每一個人都讓你發瘋。

You might have a splitting headache,

你可能會頭疼欲裂,

or a slipped dish, bad breath, a toothache, chronic gas, dry lips,

或重心不穩跌個正着,口臭、牙痛、不停放屁、口乾舌燥,

or a nasty ingrown toenail.

或是指甲長到肉裏頭了。

Whatever the reason, you’re convinced that someone up there doesn’t like you.

不管什麼原因,你確定上面有人不喜歡你。

Oh what to do, what to do?

唉,該怎麼辦,到底該怎麼辦呢?

Well, if you’re like most people,

嗯,你可能跟大部分人一樣,

you’ll hide behind a flimsy belief that everything will sort itself out.

隨便找個東西躲起來,以爲事情會自行解決。

Then you’ll spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder,

結果你得花掉下半輩子的時間回頭看,

waiting for everything to go wrong all over again.

等着一次有一次重蹈覆轍。

All the while becoming crusty and cynical or a pathetic, sniveling victim.

最後你會變成一個易怒的、憤世嫉俗的,或者是 一個可憐兮兮的、哭哭啼啼的受害者。

Until you get so depressed that you lie down and beg the earth to swallow you up or, even worse, become addicted to Billy Joel songs.

最終你絕望地躺在地上,祈求地球將你吞沒,或是沉迷在比利·喬的藍調音樂中不能自拔。

This is crazy,

這的確很蠢,

because you’re only young once and you’re never old twice.

因爲你只能年輕一次,而且絕對不可能老兩次。