當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語美文着述 > 適合當高中生睡前讀物的英語美文賞析,附翻譯

適合當高中生睡前讀物的英語美文賞析,附翻譯

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.45W 次

今天小編爲大家帶來的是關於高中生睡前讀物的英語美文賞析,希望大家看完後可以學到一點感悟,也要有個好夢哦~晚安

適合當高中生睡前讀物的英語美文賞析,附翻譯

  一、《快樂之門》

The Happy Door

Happiness is like a pebble dropped into a pool to set in motion an ever-widening circle of ripples.

快樂就像一塊爲了激起陣陣漣漪而丟進池塘的小石頭。

As Stevenson has said, being happy is a duty.

正好史蒂文森所說,快樂是一種責任。

There is no exact definition of the word happiness.

快樂這個詞並沒有確切的定義,

Happy people are happy for all sorts of reasons.

快樂的人快樂的理由多種多樣。

The key is not wealth or physical well-being,

快樂的關鍵並不是財富或身體健康,

since we find beggars, invalids and so-called failures, who are extremely happy.

因爲我們發現有些乞丐,殘疾人和所謂的失敗者也都非常快樂。

Being happy is a sort of unexpected dividend.

快樂是一種意外的收穫,

But staying happy is an accomplishment, a triumph of soul and character.

但保持快樂卻是一種成就,一種靈性的勝利。

It is not selfish to strive for it.

努力追尋快樂並不自私,

It is, indeed, a duty to ourselves and others.

實際上,這是我們對自己和他人應盡的責任。

Being unhappy is like an infectious disease.

不快樂就像傳染病,

It causes people to shrink away from the sufferer.

它使得人們都躲避不快樂的人。

He soon finds himself alone, miserable and embittered.

不快樂的人很快就會發現自己處於孤獨,悲慘,痛苦的境地。

There is, however, a cure so simple as to seem,

然而,有一種簡單得看似荒謬的治病良方:

at first glance, ridiculous; if you don't feel happy, pretend to be!

如果你不快樂,就假裝你很快樂!

It works. Before long you will find that instead of repelling people, you attract them.

這很有效。不久你就會發現,別人不再躲着你了,相反,你開始吸引別人了。

You discover how deeply rewarding it is to be the center of wider and wider circles of good will.

你會發覺,做一塊能激起好意漣漪的小石頭有多麼值得。

Then the make-believe becomes a reality.

然後假裝就變成了現實。

You possess the secret of peace of mind, and can forget yourself in being of service to others.

你擁有了使心靈平靜的祕密,會因幫助他人而忘我。

Being happy, once it is realized as a duty and established as a habit,

一旦你認識到快樂是一種責任並使快樂成爲習慣,

opens doors into unimaginable gardens thronged with grateful friends.

通向不可思議的樂園的大門就會向你敞開,那裏滿是感激你的朋友。

  二、《上帝與孩子的精彩對話》

A Wonderful Dialogue between God and a Child

上帝與孩子的精彩對話

Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.

從前,有一個嬰兒即將出生了。

One day the child asked God, "They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless? "

一天,這個小孩問上帝,“他們告訴我明天你將要把我送到地球,不過我這麼弱小無助,在那兒該如何生活呢?”

God replied, "Among the many angels, I have chosen one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

上帝答道:“在衆多天使之中,我已經給你選中了一位。她將會等待並照顧你。”

"But," said the child, "tell me here in Heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile. That's what I need to be happy!"

“不過”,小孩說請告訴我——在天堂我除了歌唱和微笑之外什麼都不做。這些是我快樂所需要的!”

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."

上帝說,“你的天使每天將會爲你歌唱,也會爲你微笑。你將會感受到你的天使的愛,你會感到快樂。”

"And," said the child, "how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk?"

“還有”,小孩又說道,“如果我不懂他們說的語言,當人對我說話的時候我怎樣纔會理解呢?”

That's easy, said God, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

“這很簡單,”上帝說,“你的天使將教會你語言中最美麗和最甜蜜的詞語,帶着最大的耐心和關懷,你的天使將教會你怎樣說話。”

The child looked up at God saying, "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?" God smiled at the child saying, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

小孩擡頭看着上帝說,“我想和你說話的時候該怎麼做呢?”上帝微笑着對小孩說你的天使會把你的雙手放在一起然後教會你怎樣祈禱。”

The child said, "I've heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"

小孩說:“我聽說地球上有壞人,誰將會保護我呢?”

God put his arm around the child, saying, "Your angel will defend you--even if it means risking life!"

上帝將手臂環繞小孩,說,“你的天使將會保護你:——即使那意味着冒着生命的危險!”

The child looked sad saying, "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

小孩看起來有些悲傷地說,“我將會一直感到悲傷因爲我再也看不到你了。”

God hugged the child, "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."

上帝擁抱着小孩說,“你的天使會一直跟你說有關我的事情,還會教你回到我身邊的方法,雖說我一直與你同在。”

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard.

在這一刻天堂變得無比安詳,不過已經可以聽到從地球上傳來的聲音。

The child, in a hurry, asked softly, "Oh, God, if I am about to leave now please tell me my angel's name! "

小孩有點着急,柔聲請求,“上帝啊,如果我現在將要離開,請告訴我我的天使的名字!”

God replied, "Your angle's name is of no importance…you will simply call her MOMMY! "

上帝回答說,“你的天使的名字並不那麼重要…你可以簡單地叫她‘媽媽’。”