當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語散文 > 新概念英語第一冊文章

新概念英語第一冊文章

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.11K 次

作爲經典的基礎英語學習教材,《新概念英語》受到了衆多英語學習者的喜愛;每年都有數以萬計的學生去學習新概念英語的各冊教程。下面是本站小編帶來的新概念英語第一冊文章,歡迎閱讀!

新概念英語第一冊文章

新概念英語第一冊文章1

$課文35 Our village我們的村莊

Are the children coming out of the park or going into it?

孩子們是正從公園裏出來還是正在往裏走?

225. This is a photograph of our village.

這是我們村莊的一張照片。

226. Our village is in a valley.

我們的村莊坐落在一個山谷之中。

227. It is between two hills.

它們於兩座小山之間。

228. The village is on a river.

它靠近一條小河。

229. Here is another photograph of the village.

這是我們村莊的另一張照片。

230. My wife and I are walking along the banks of the river.

我和妻子沿河岸走着。

231. We are on the left.

我們在河的左側。

232. There is a boy in the water.

河裏面有個男孩。

233. He is swimming across the river.

他正橫渡小河。

234. Here is another photograph.

這是另一張照片。

235. This is the school building.

這是學校大樓。

236. It is beside a park.

它位於公園的旁邊。

237. The park is on the right.

公園在右面。

238. Some children are coming out of the building.

一些孩子正從樓裏出來。

239. Some of them are going to the park.

他們中有幾個正走進公園。

$課文36 Where……?……在哪裏?

$課文37 Making a bookcase做書架

What is Susan's favourite colour?

蘇珊最喜歡哪種顏色?

240. You're working hard, George.

你幹得真辛苦,喬治。

241. What are you doing?

你在幹什麼呢?

242. I'm making a bookcase.

我正在做書架。

243. Give me that hammer please, Dan.

請把那把錘子拿給我。丹。

244. Which hammer?

哪一把?

245. This one?

是這把嗎?

246. No, not that one.

不,不是那把。

247. The big one.

是那把大的。

248. Here you are.

給你。

249. Thanks, Dan.

謝謝。丹。

250. What are you going to do now,George?

你現在打算幹什麼,喬治?

251. I'm going to paint it.

我打算把它漆一下。

252. What colour are you going to paint it?

你打算把它漆成什麼顏色?

253. I'm going to paint it pink.

我想漆成粉紅色。

254. Pink!

粉紅色!

255. This bookcase isn't for me.

這個書架不是爲我做的,

256. It's for my daughter, Susan.

是爲我的女兒蘇珊做的。

257. Pink's her favourite colour.

粉紅色是她最喜歡的顏色。

$課文38 What are you going to do ?

你準備做什麼?

What are you doing now?你現在正在做什麼?

$課文39 Don't drop it!別摔了!

Where does Sam put the Vase in the end?

薩姆把花瓶放在什麼地方?

258. What are you going to do with that vase, Penny?

你打算如何處理那共瓶?

259. I'm going to put it on this table, Sam.

我打算把它放在這張桌子上,薩姆。

260. Don't do that.

不要放在那兒,

261. Give it to me.

把它給我。

262. What are you going to do with it?

你打算怎麼辦?

263. I'm going to put it here,

我準備把它入在這兒,

264. in front of the window.

放在窗前。

265. Be careful!

小心點!

266. Don't drop it!

別摔了!

267. Don't put there, Sam.

別放在那兒,薩姆。

268. Put it here,

放在這兒,

269. on this shelf.

這個架子上。

270. There we are!

我這裏.

271. It's a lovely vase.

這隻漂亮的花瓶。

272. Those flowers are lovely, too.

這些花也很漂亮啊。

$課文40 What are you going to do ?

你準備做什麼?

I'm going to ……我準備……

$課文41 Penny's bag彭妮的提包

Who is the tin of tobacco for?

那盒菸絲是給誰買的?

273. Is that bag heavy, Penny?

那個提包重嗎,彭妮?

274. Not very.

不太重。

275. Here!

放在這兒。

276. Put it on this chair.

把它放在這把椅子上。

277. What's in it?

裏面是什麼東西?

278. A piece of cheese.

一塊乳酪、

279. A loaf of bread.

一塊麪包、

280. A bar of soap.

一塊肥皂、

281. A bar of Chocolate.

一塊巧克力、

282. A bottle of milk.

一瓶牛奶、

283. A pound of sugar.

一磅糖、

284. Half a pound of coffee.

半磅咖啡、

285. A quarter of pound of tea.

1/4 磅茶葉

286. And a tin of tobacco.

和一聽菸絲。

287. Is that tin of tobacco for me?

那聽菸絲是給我的嗎?

288. Well, it's certainly not for me!

噢,當然不會給我的!

$課文42 Is there a ……in/on that……?

在那個……中/上有一個……嗎?

Is there any ……in / On that……?

在那個……中/上有……嗎?

$課文43 Hurry up!快點!

How do you know Sam doesn't make the tea very often?

你怎麼知道薩姆不常沏茶?

289. Can you make the tea, Sam?

你會沏茶嗎,薩姆?

290. Yes, of course I can, Penny.

會的,我當然會,彭妮。

291. Is there any water in this kettle?

這水壺裏有水嗎?

292. Yes, there is.

有水。

293. Where's the tea?

茶葉在哪兒?

294. It's over there,behind the teapot.

就在那兒,茶壺後面。

295. Can you see it?

你看見了嗎?

296. I can see the teapot,

茶壺我看見了,

297. but I can't see the tea.

但茶葉沒看到。

298. There it is!

那不是麼!

299. It's in front of your!

就在你眼前。

300. Ah yes, I can see it now.

噢,是啊,我現在看到了。

301. Where are the cups?

茶杯在哪兒呢?

302. There are some in the cupboard.

碗櫥裏有幾隻。

303. Can you find them?

你找得到嗎?

304. Yes. Here they are.

找得到。就在這兒呢。

305. Hurry up, Sam!

快,薩姆。

306. The kettle's boiling!

水開了!

$課文44 Are there any……?有……嗎?

Is there any……?有……嗎?

$課文45 The boss's letter.老闆的信

Why can't pamela type the letter?

帕梅拉爲什麼無法打信?

307. Can you come here a minute please, Bob?

請你來一下好嗎?鮑勃?

308. Yes, sir?

什麼事,先生?

309. Where's Pamela?

帕梅拉在哪兒?

310. She's next door.

她在隔壁,

311. She's in her office, sir.

在她的辦公室裏,先生。

312. Can she type this letter for me?

她能爲我打一下這封信嗎?

313. Ask her please.

請問她。

314. Yes, sir.

好的,先生。

315. Can you type this letter for the boss please, Pamela?

請你把這封信給老闆打一下可以嗎,帕梅拉?

316. Yes, of course I can.

可以,當然可以。

317. Here you are.

給你這信。

318. Thank you, Bob.

謝謝你,鮑勃。

319. Bob!

鮑勃!

320. Yes?

怎麼了?

321. What's the matter.

怎麼回事?

322. I can't type this letter.

我打不了這封信。

323. I can't read it!

我看不懂這封信,

324. The boss's handwriting is terrible!

老闆的書寫太糟糕了!

$課文46 Can you ……?你能……嗎?

$課文47 A cup of coffee一杯咖啡

How does Ann like her coffee?

安想要什麼樣的咖啡?

325. Do you like coffee, Ann?

你喜歡咖啡嗎,安?

326. Yes, I do.

是的,我喜歡。

327. Do you want a cup?

你想要一杯嗎?

328. Yes, please, Christine.

好的,請來一杯,克里斯廷。

329. Do you want any sugar?

你要放些糖嗎?

330. Yes, please.

好的,請放一些。

331. Do you want any milk?

要放些牛奶嗎?

332. No, thank you.

不了,謝謝。

333. I don't like milk in my coffee.

我不喜歡咖啡中放牛奶,

334. I like black coffee.

我喜歡咖啡。

335. Do you like biscuits?

你喜歡餅乾嗎?

336. Yes. I do.

是的,我喜歡。

337. Do you want one?

你想要一塊嗎?

338. Yes, please.

好的,請來一塊。

新概念英語第一冊文章2

$課文48 Do you like……你喜歡……嗎?

Do you want……?你想要……嗎?

$課文49 At the butcher's在肉店

What does like?

伯德先生喜歡什麼?

339. Do you want any meat . Bird?

您今天要買點肉嗎,伯德夫人?

340. Yes, please.

是的,我買一點。

341. Do you want beef or lamb?

您要牛肉還是要羔羊肉?

342. Beef, please.

請給我牛肉。

343. This lamb's very good.

這羔羊肉很好。

344. I like lamb,

我喜歡羔羊肉,

345. but my husband doesn't.

可我丈夫不喜歡。

346. What about some steak?

來點牛排嗎?

347. This is a nice piece.

這塊很好。

348. Give me that piece, please.

就請給我那塊吧。

349. And a pound of mince, too.

再來一磅絞肉。

350. Do you want a chicken,Mrs. Bird?

您要買只雞嗎,

351. They 're very nice.

這些雞很好。

352. No, thank you.

不要了,謝謝。

353. My husband likes steak,

我丈夫喜歡牛排,

354. but he doesn't like chicken.

但他不喜歡雞。

355. To tell you the truth,Mrs. Bird,

說老實話,

356. I don't like chicken either!

我也不喜歡雞。

$課文50 He likes……他喜歡……

But he doesn't like……但是他不喜歡……

$課文51 A pleasant climate宜人的氣候

Does it ever snow in Greece?

希臘下過雪嗎?

357. Where do you come from?

你是哪國人?

358. I come from Greece.

我是希臘人。

359. What's the climate like in your country?

你們的國家的氣候是怎麼樣?

360. It's very pleasant.

氣候非常宜人。

361. What's the weather like in spring?

春季的天氣怎麼樣?

362. It's often windy in March.

3月裏常常颳風。

363. It's always warm in April and May,

4月和5月的天氣總暖洋洋的,

364. but it rains sometimes.

但有時下雨。

365. What's it like in summer?

夏季的天氣如何呢?

366. It's always hot in June, July and August.

6月、7月和8月的天氣總是炎熱的

367. The sun shines every day.

每天都出太陽。

368. Is it cold or warm in autumn?

秋季的天氣是冷還是暖呢?

369. It's always warm in September and October.

9月和10月總是很暖和,

370. It's often cold in November and it rains sometimes.

11月常常就冷了,而且有時下雨。

371. Is it very cold in winter?

冬季的天氣很冷嗎?

372. It's often cold in December, January and February.

12月、1月和2月常常很冷,

373. It snows sometimes.

有時還下雪。

$課文52 What nationality are they?他們是哪國人?

Where do they come from?他們來自哪個國家?

$課文53 An interesting climate有趣的氣候

What is the favourite subject of conversation in England?

在英國最受歡迎的話題是什麼?

374. Where do you come from?

你是哪國人?

375. I come from England.

我是英國人。

376. What's the climate like in your country?

你們國家的氣候怎麼樣?

377. It's mild,

氣候溫和,

378. but it's not always pleasant.

但也不總是宜人的。

379. The weather's often cold in North

北部的天氣常常寒冷,

380. and windy in the East.

東部則常常利風。

381. It's often wet in the West and sometimes warm in the south.

西部常下雨,南部有時則很暖和。

382. Which seasons do you like best?

你最喜歡哪些季節?

383. I like spring and summer.

我最喜歡春季和夏季。

384. The days are long and the nights are short.

因爲此時白天長而夜晚短,

The sun rises early and sets late

太陽升起早而落得晚

385. I don't like autumn and winter.

我不喜歡秋季和冬季。

386. The days are short and the nights are long.

因爲此時白天短而夜晚長,

387. The sun rises late and sets early.

太陽升得遲而落得早。

388. Our climate is not very good,

雖然我們國家的氣候並不很好,

389. but it's certainly interesting.

但又確實很有意思。

390. It's our favourite subject of conversation.

天氣是我們最喜歡談論的話題。

$課文54 What nationality are they?他們是哪國人?

Where do they come from?他來自哪個國家?

$課文55 The sawyer family索耶一家人

When do the children do their homework?

孩子們什麼時候做功課?

391. The Sawyer live at 87 King Street.

索耶一家住在國王街87號。

392. In the morning, Mr. Sawyer goes to work and the children go to school.

早上,索耶先生去上班,孩子們去上學

Their father takes them to school every day.

父親每天送孩子們去上學。

393. Mrs. Sawyer stays at home every day.

索耶夫人每天呆在家裏。

394. She does the housework.

她料理家務。

395. She always eats her lunch at noon.

她總是在正午吃午飯。

396. In the afternoon, she usually sees her friends.

下午,她總是會見她的朋友。

397. They often drink tea together.

她們經常在一起喝茶。

398. In the evening, the children come home from school.

傍晚,孩子們放學回家。

399. They arrive home early.

他們到家很早。

400. Mr. Sawyer comes home from work.

索耶先生下班回家。

401. He arrives home late.

他到家很晚。

402. At night, the children always do their homework.

晚上,孩子們總是做作業,

403. Then they go to bed.

然後去睡覺。

404. Mr. Sawyer usually reads his newspaper,

索耶先生總是讀報紙,

405. but sometimes he and his wife watch television.

但有時和他的妻子一起看電視。

$課文56 What do they usually do?他們通常做什麼?

$課文57 An unusual day不平常的一天

What is er doing tonight?

索耶先生今晚在做什麼?

406. It is eight o'clock.

現在是8點鐘。

407. The children go to school by car every day,

孩子們每天都乘小汽車去上學,

408. but today, they are going to school on foot.

而今天,他們正步行上學。

409. It is ten o'clock. Mrs. Sawyer usually stays at home in the morning,

現在是10點鐘。上午,索耶夫人通常是呆在家裏的,

410. but this morning, she is going to the shops.

但今天上午,她正去商店買東西。

411. It is four o'clock.

現在是4點鐘,

412. In the afternoon, Mrs. Sawyer usually drinks tea in the living room.

下午,索耶夫人通常是在客廳裏喝茶,

413. But this afternoon, she is drinking tea in the garden.

但今天下午,她正在花園裏喝茶。

414. It is six o'clock.

現在是6點鐘。

415. In the evening, the children usually do their homework,

晚上,孩子們通常是做作業,

416. but this evening, they are not doing their homework.

而今天晚上,他們沒做企業。

417. At the moment, they are playing in the garden.

此刻,他們正在花園裏玩。

418. It is nine o'clock.

現在是9點鐘。

419. Mr. Sawyer usually reads his newspaper at night.

索耶先生通常是在晚上看報,

420. But he's not reading his newspaper tonight.

但今天晚上他沒看報。

421. At the moment, he's reading an interesting book.

此刻,他正在看一本有趣的書。

$課文58 What's the time?幾點鐘?

$課文59 Is that all?就這些嗎?

Does the lady buy any chalk?這位女士有沒有買粉筆?

422. I want some envelopes,please.

請給我拿幾個信封。

423. Do you want the large size or the small size?

您要大號的還是小號的?

424. The large size, please.

請拿大號的。

425. Do you have any writing paper?

您有信紙嗎?

426. Yes, we do.

有。

427. I don't have any small pads.

我沒有小本的信紙,

428. I only have large ones.

只有大本的。

429. Do you want a pad?

您要一本嗎?

430. Yes, please.

好,請拿一本。

431. And I want some glue.

我還要些膠水。

432. A bottle of glue.

一瓶膠水。

433. And I want a large box of chalk, too.

我還要一大盒粉筆。

434. I only have small boxes.

我只有小盒的。

435. Do you want one?

您要一盒嗎?

436. No, thank you.

不了,謝謝。

437. Is that all?

就要這些嗎?

438. That's all, thank you.

就這些,謝謝。

439. What else do you want?

您還要什麼嗎?

440. I want my change.

我要找的零錢。

$課文60 What's the time幾點鐘?

新概念英語第一冊文章3

$課文61 A bad cold重感冒

What is good news for Jimmy?

吉米有什麼好消息?

441. Where's Jimmy?

吉米在哪兒?

442. He's in bed.

他躺在牀上。

443. What's the matter with him?

他怎麼啦?

444. He feels ill.

他覺得不舒服。

445. He looks ill.

他看上去是病了。

446. We must call the doctor.

我們得去請醫生。

447. Yes, we must.

是的,一定得請。

448. Can you remember the doctor's telephone number?

你還得醫生的電話號碼嗎?

449. 's 09754.

記得。是09754。

450. Open your mouth, Jimmy.

把嘴張開,吉米。

451. Show me your tongue.

讓我們看看你的舌頭。

452. Say, "Ah'.

說“啊--”

453. What's the matter with him, doctor?

他得了什麼病,醫生?

454. He has a bad cold,Mr. Williams,

他得了重感冒,威廉斯先生,

455. so he must stay in bed for a week.

因此他必須臥牀一週。

456. That's good new for Jimmy.

對吉米來說,這可是個好消息。

457. Good news?Why?

好消息?爲什麼?

458. Because he doesn't like school!

因爲他不喜歡上學。

$課文62 What's the matter with them?他們怎麼啦?

What must they do?他們該怎麼辦?

$課文63 Thank you,doctor.謝謝你,醫生

Who else is in bed today?why?

還有誰今天也臥牀休息?爲什麼?

459. How's Jimmy today?

吉米今天怎麼樣了?

460. Better. Thank you,Doctor.

他好些了。謝謝您,醫生。

461. Can I see him please,Mrs. Williams?

我可以看看他嗎,威廉斯夫人?

462. Certainly, doctor.

當然可以,醫生。

463. Come upstairs.

上樓吧。

464. You look very well,Jimmy.

你看上去很好,吉米。

465. You are better now,

你現在好些了,

466. but you mustn't get up yet.

但你還不應該起牀。

467. You must stay in bed for another two days.

你必須再臥牀兩天。

468. The boy mustn't go to school yet,Mr. Williams.

這孩子還不能去上學,威廉斯夫人,

469. And he mustn't eat rich food.

而且不能吃油膩的食物。

470. Does he have a temperature, doctor?

他還發燒嗎,醫生?

471. No, he doesn't.

不,他不發燒了。

472. Must he stay in bed?

他還必須臥牀嗎?

473. must remain in bed for another two days.

是的,他還必須臥牀兩天。

474. He can get up for about two hours each day,

他每天可以起來兩個小時,

475. but you must keep the room warm.

但您必須保持房間溫暖。

476. Where's Mr. Williams this evening?

威廉斯先生今晚去哪兒了?

477. He's in bed, doctor.

他在牀上呢,醫生。

478. Can you see him please?

您能看看他嗎?

479. He has a bad cold, too!

他也得了重感冒!

$課文64 Don't……!不要……!

You mustn't……!你不應該……!

$課文65 Not a baby不是小孩子

Does Jill take the key to the front door?

吉爾有沒有拿到大門的鑰匙。

480. What are you going to do this evening. Jill?

今晚你打算幹什麼,吉爾?

481. I'm going to meet some friends. Dad.

我打算去看幾個朋友,爸爸。

482. You mustn't come home late.

你不準回家太晚,

483. You must be home at half past ten.

你必須在10點半到家。

484. I can't get home so early, Dad!

這麼早我到不了家,爸爸!

485. Can I have the key to the front door please?

我能帶上前門的鑰匙嗎?

486. No, you can't.

不行, 你不能帶。

487. Jill's eighteen years old, Tom.

吉爾都18歲了,湯姆。

488. She's not a baby.

她不是小孩子了。

489. Give her the key.

把鑰匙給她吧。

490. She always comes home early.

她總早早回家的。

491. Oh, all right!

那麼,好吧!

492. Here you are.

拿去。

493. But you mustn't come home after a quarter past eleven.

但你不能超過11點1刻回家。

494. Do you hear?

聽見了嗎?

495. Yes. Dad.

聽見了,爸爸。

496. Thanks, Mum.

謝謝,媽媽。

497. That's all bye.

不用謝。再見。

498. Enjoy yourself!

好好玩吧!

499. We always enjoy ourselves, Mum.

我們總是玩得很開心的,媽媽。

500. Bye-bye.

再見。

$課文66 What's the time?幾點鐘?

$課文67 The weekend週末

What are the Johnsons going to do at the weekend?

約翰遜夫婦週末準備做什麼?

501. you at the butcher's?

您好。剛纔您在肉店裏嗎?

502. Yes. I was.

是的,我在肉店裏。

503. Were you at the butcher's, too?

您也在肉店裏嗎?

504. No, I wasn't.

不, 我不是。

505. I was at the greengrocer's.

我在蔬菜水果店裏。

506. How's Jimmy today? He's very well, thank you.

吉米今天怎麼樣?他很好,謝謝您。

507. Was he absent from school last week?

上星期他沒上學吧?

508. Yes, he was.

是的,他沒上學。

509. He was absent on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Tuesday.

他星期一、星期二、星期三和星期四沒去上學。

510. How are you all keeping?

你們身體都好嗎?

511. Very well, thank you.

很好,謝謝您。

512. We're going to spend three days in the country.

我們打算到鄉下去三天,

513. We're going to stay at my mother's for the weekend.

在我母親家度週末。

514. Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the country!

星期五、星期六和星期日在鄉下過!

515. Aren't you lucky!

你們真幸運啊!

$課文68 What's the time?幾點鐘?

$課文69 The car race汽車比賽

Which car was the winner in 1995?

哪輛車在1995年的比賽中獲勝?

516. There is a car race near our town every year.

在我們鎮子附近每年都有一場汽車比賽。

517. In 1995, there was a very big race.

1995年舉行了一次盛大的比賽。

518. There were hundreds of people there.

許許多多人都去了賽場。

519. My wife and I were at the race.

我和我的妻子也去了。

520. Our friends Julie and Jack were there, too.

我們的朋友朱莉和傑克也去了。

521. You can see us in the crowd.

你可以在人羣中看到我們。

522. We are standing on the left.

我們站在左面。

523. There were twenty cars in the race.

參加比賽的有20輛汽車。

524. There were English cars, French cares, German cars. Italian cars. American cars and Japanese cars.

有英國、法國、德國、意大利和日本的汽車。

525. It was an exciting finish.

比賽的結尾是激動人心的。

526. The winner was Billy Stewart.

獲勝者是比利.斯圖爾特。

527. He was in car number fifteen.

他在第15號車裏,

528. Five other cars were just behind him.

其他5輛汽車跟在他後面。

529. On the way home, my wife said to me,

回家的路上,妻子對我說:

530. 'Don't drive so quickly! You're not Billy Stewart!'

“別開得這樣快!你可不是比利.斯圖爾特!”

$課文70 When were they there?他們是什麼時候在那裏的?

$課文71 He's awful!他討厭透了!

How did pauline answer the telephone at nine o'clock?

波琳在9點接電話時是如何說的?

531. What's Ron Marston like,Pauline?

波淋,朗.馬頓是怎樣一個人?

532. He's awful!

他討厭透了!

533. He telephoned me four times Yesterday,

他昨天給我打了4次電話

534. and three times the day before yesterday.

前天打了3次。

535. He telephoned the office yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon.

他昨天上午和下午把電話打到了我的辦公室,

536. My boss answered the telephone.

是我的老闆接的。

537. What did your boss say to him?

你老闆是怎麼對他說的?

538. He said, "Pauline is typing can't speak to you now!"

他說:“波淋正在打信,她現在不能同你講話!”

539. Then I arrived home at six o'clock yesterday evening.

後來,我昨晚6點鐘回到家裏。

540. He telephoned again.

他又打來電話,

541. But I didn't answer the phone!

但我沒接。

542. Did he telephone again last night?

他昨夜裏又打電話了嗎?

543. Yes, he did.

是的,打了。

544. He telephoned at nine o'clock.

他在9點鐘又打電話。

545. What did you say to him?

你對他怎麼說的?

546. I said, 'This is Pauline's mother.

我說:“我是波淋的母親。

547. Please don't telephone my daughter again!

'請不要再給我女兒打電話了!”

548. Did he telephone again?

他又打了沒有?

549. No, he didn't!

沒有!

$課文72 When did you……?你什麼時候……?

$課文73 The way to King Street 到國王街的走法

Why did the man need a phrasebook?

爲什麼這位男士需要一本常用語手冊?

550. Last week Mrs. Mills went to London.

上星期米爾斯夫人去了倫敦。

551. She does not know London very well, and she lost her way.

她對倫敦不很熟悉,因此迷了路。

552. Suddenly, she saw a man near a bus stop.

突然,她在公共汽車站附近看到一個男人。“

553. 'I can ask him the way.' she said to herself.

我可以向他問路,”她想。

554. 'Excuse me,' she said. 'Can you tell me the way to King Street, please?'

“對不起,您能告訴我到國王街怎麼走嗎?”她說。

555. The man smiled pleasantly.

這人友好地笑了笑。

556. He did not understand English!

他不懂英語!

557. He spoke German.

他講德語。

558. He was a tourist.

他是個旅遊者。

559. Then he put his hand into his pocket,

然後他把手伸進了衣袋,

560. and took out a phrasebook.

掏出了一本常用語手冊。

561. He opened the book and found a phrase.

他翻開書找到了一條短語。

562. He read the phrase slowly.

他緩慢地讀着短語。

563. 'I am sorry,' he said. 'I do not speak English.'

”很抱歉,“他說,”我不會講英語。”

$課文74 What did they do?他們幹了什麼?

$課文75 Uncomfortable shoes不舒適的鞋子

What's wrong with the fashionable shoes?

時髦的鞋子有什麼問題嗎?

564. Do you have any shoes like these?

像這樣的鞋子你們有嗎?

565. What size?

什麼尺碼的?

566. Size five.

5號的。

567. what colour?

什麼顏色?

568. Black.

黑的

569. I'm sorry.

對不起,

570. We don't have any.

我們沒有。

571. But my sister bought this pair last month.

但是,我姐姐上個月買到了這樣的一雙。

572. Did she buy them here?

她是在這兒買的嗎?

573. No, she bought them in the U.S.

不。她是在美國買的。

574. We had some shoes like those a month ago,

一個月前我們有這要的鞋。

575. but we don't have any now.

但是現在沒有了。

576. Can you get a pair for me, please?

您能爲我找一雙嗎?

577. I'm afraid that I can't.

恐怕不行。

578. They were in fashion last year and the year before last.

這鞋在去年和前年時興,

579. But they're not in fashion this year.

而今年已不流行了。

580. These shoes are in fashion now.

現在流行的是這種鞋子。

581. They look very uncomfortable.

這種鞋子看上去很不舒適。

582. They are very uncomfortable.

的確很不舒適。

583. But women always wear uncomfortable shoes!

可是女人們總是穿不舒適的鞋子!

$課文76 When did you……?你什麼時候……?

$課文77 Terrible toothache.要命的牙痛

What time of day is you think?How do you know?

你認爲現在是幾點鐘?你怎麼知道的?

584. Good morning. Mr. Croft.

早上好,克羅夫特先生。

585. Good morning, nurse.

早上好,護士。

586. I want to see the dentist,please.

我想見牙科醫生。

587. Do you have an appointment?

您約好了嗎?

588. No, I don't.

沒有。

589. Is it urgent?

急嗎?

590. Yes, it is.

是的,

591. It's very urgent.

很急。

592. I feel awful.

我難受極了,

593. I have a terrible toothache.

牙痛得要命。

594. Can you come at 10 Monday, April 24th?

您在4月24日星期一上午10點鐘來行嗎?

595. I must see the dentist now,nurse.

我必須現在就見牙科醫生,護士。

596. The dentist is very busy at the moment.

牙科醫生這會兒很忙。

597. Can you come at 2 p.m.?

您下午兩點鐘來行嗎?

598. That's very late.

那就太晚了。

599. Can the dentist see me now?

牙科醫生現在就不能給我看一下嗎?

600. I'm afraid that he can't,Mr. Croft.

恐怕不能,克羅夫特先生。

601. Can't you wait till this afternoon?

您就不能等到今天下午嗎?

602. I can wait, but my toothache can't!

我倒是可以等。可是我的牙痛等不了啊!

$課文78 When did you……?你什麼時候……?

$課文79 Carol's shopping list卡羅爾的購物單

What is Carol not going to buy?

卡羅爾不準備買什麼?

603. What are you doing, Carol?

卡羅爾,你在幹什麼?

604. I'm making a shopping list, Tom.

我在寫購物單,湯姆。

605. What do we need?

我們都需要什麼?

606. We need a lot of things this week.

這星期我們需要很多東西。

607. I must go to the grocer's.

我得去一下食品店。

608. We haven't got much tea or coffee,

我們的茶葉和咖啡不多了,

609. and we haven't got any sugar or jam.

糖和果醬也沒有了。

610. What about vegetables?

蔬菜呢?

611. I must go to the greengrocer's.

我還得到蔬菜水果店去一下。

612. We haven't got many tomatoes,

我們番茄不多了,

613. but we've got a lot of potatoes.

但土豆還有不少。

614. I must go to the butcher's, too.

我還要到肉店去一下。

615. We need some meat.

我們需要些肉。

616. We haven't got any meat at all.

我們一點肉也沒有了。

617. Have we got any beer and wine?

我們還有啤酒和葡萄酒嗎?

618. And I'm not going to get any!

沒有了。不過,我不打算去買!

619. I hope that you've got some money.

我希望你還有錢。

620. I haven't got much.

我的錢不多了。

621. Well, I haven't got much either!

唉,我也不多了。