網路社交英語口語 Unit38:你真會小題大做
Rose: (1) embarrassed) Tell you more about what?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
柔絲: (不好意思)要再跟你說什麼?
Sue: About Herbert! You said he was boring.
蘇: 赫伯特啊!你說過他很無趣的。
Rose: Yes, that's what I thought before.
柔絲: 是啊,我以前是這麼覺得。
Sue: So, are you saying you 2) kind of like him?
蘇: 所以你是說,你現在有點喜歡他羅?
Rose: You 3) blow everything out of proportion.
柔絲: 你真會小題大做。
Sue: So why is he 4) all of a sudden not so boring?
蘇: 那他為什麼突然不無趣了?
Rose: We have a lot 5) in common.
柔絲: 我們有許多共通點。
Sue: Since when?
蘇: 從哪時候開始有共通點了?
語言詳解
A: Would you ever consider marrying me?
你有沒有可能考慮跟我結婚?
B: No. We have absolutely nothing in common.
沒有。我們完全沒有共通點。
【to blow something out of proportion 言過其實,小題大做】
out of proportion是“大到不成比例”blow是“吹”的意思,在美語中有“吹牛”的意思。
A: I can't believe you ignored me like that!
我不敢相信你會這樣躲避我!
B: I couldn't take your call. Don't blow it out of proportion.
我只是沒辦法接你的電話。別誇大其詞了。
A: She said I was cute. She thinks I'm too short and childlike!
她說我很可愛。她是認為我太矮而且太孩子氣!
B: You blew her comment out of proportion.
你把她的說法講得太誇張了。
1) embarrassed (a.) 感到尷尬的
2) kind of 有一點,有幾分
3) blow... out of proportion (v.) 誇大其詞。proportion 是“比例” 。
4) all of a sudden 突然間
5) in common 共同