美語情景對話 第325期:High School 高中
Todd: OK. Cat, we're going to talk about high school.
託德:好。凱特,我們要談談高中的事情。Cat: OK.
凱特:好的。Todd: Ah, tell me about high school. Did you like high school?
託德:跟我說說高中的事情吧。你喜歡高中生活嗎?
Cat: I did after I was about 14 or 15 years old, when we could chose our subjects.
凱特:在我14、5歲以後我很喜歡高中生活,那時我們可以選擇所學的課程。Todd: Uh-huh.
託德:嗯。Cat: I started to enjoy it more then.
凱特:那以後我開始更加喜歡高中生活了。Todd: OK. What subjects did you chose?
託德:好。你選擇了什麼課程?Cat: When I did A-levels, which is the exam from 16 to 18, I studied psychology, English literature, and business studies.
凱特:我參加了高階水平考試,這是16歲至18歲的學生參加的考試,當時我學了心理學、英國文學和企業管理研究。Todd: Wow. Of those subjects, what was your favorite?
託德:哇。在這些課程中,你喜歡哪門課程?Cat: Probably psychology.
凱特:可能是心理學。Todd: Psychology.
託德:心理學。Cat: Mm!
凱特:嗯!Todd: OK. Do you still study psychology?
託德:好的。你還在學習心理學嗎?Cat: No, I did at university, but since I left university I haven't really studied anything.
凱特:沒有,我在大學時學過,不過自從大學畢業後我就沒再學了。Todd: OK. What was your best memory about high school?
託德:好。你對高中的最好記憶是什麼?Cat: My best memory! Leaving.
凱特:最好的記憶!假期。Todd: Yeah. OK. Ah, what was your worst memory?
託德:嗯,好。那你最糟糕的記憶是什麼?Cat: The exams. At my A-levels I took about 24 hours of exams.
凱特:考試。在高階水平考試中考試時間大約有24個小時。Todd: Wow!
託德:哇!Cat: In a space of a couple of weeks. It was a nightmare.
凱特:大約用了幾周的時間。那真是噩夢。Todd: Yeah. That sounds like it. Wow, that's terrible. OK. Thanks.
託德:是啊。聽起來的確是。哇,那太糟糕了。好,謝謝你。Cat: No problem.
凱特:不客氣。重點講解:
1. a space of
一段(時間);期間;
eg. They've come a long way in a short space of time.
他們在很短的時間之內就大老遠地趕了過來。
eg. A space of a minute or two has elapsed before he comes up with her.
一兩分鐘以後,他才趕上她。
2. a couple of
兩個;幾個;
eg. He patched up a couple of old tires.
他補了幾條舊車胎。
eg. She brought along a couple of sulky looking kids.
她帶來幾個臉色慍怒的孩子。
3. no problem
沒關係;不客氣;
eg. Thanks for helping me move into my new apartment. No problem. Call on me anytime.
謝謝你幫我搬家到新的公寓。不用客氣,你隨時都可以找我。
eg. No problem . My pleasure. A nice day and enjoy you stay here!
不客氣,樂意效勞。祝您今天愉快,在這兒過得開心!