當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 超實用的:表達讓步或反駁觀點必備錦囊句型!

超實用的:表達讓步或反駁觀點必備錦囊句型!

推薦人: 來源: 閲讀: 1.87W 次

Conceding and refuting are important language functions in English. Here are a few short definitions:

超實用的:表達讓步或反駁觀點必備錦囊句型!

讓步和反駁是英語中的重要語言功能。以下是一些簡短的定義:


Concede: Admit that another person is right about something.

讓步:承認另一個人是對的。


Refute: Prove that someone else is wrong about something.

反駁:證明別人在某些事情上是錯的。


Often, speakers of English will concede a point, only to refute a larger issue:

通常,講英語的人會先讓步一下,然後會反駁一個更大的問題:


It's true that working can be tedious. However, without a job, you won't be able to pay the bills.

工作真的很無聊。但是,沒有工作,你就無法支付賬單。


While you might say that the weather has been really bad this winter, it's important to remember that we needed lots of snow in the mountains.

儘管你可能會説今年冬天的天氣很糟糕,但重要的是要記住,我們在山上需要很多雪。


I agree with you that we need to improve our sales figures. On the other hand, I don't feel we should change our overall strategy at this time.

我同意你的看法,我們需要提高銷售額。另一方面,我覺得我們現在不應該改變我們的總體戰略。


It's common to concede and refute at work when discussing strategy or brainstorming. Conceding and refuting are also very common in all types of debates including political and social issues.

在討論戰略或頭腦風暴時,在工作中讓步和反駁是很常見的。在包括政治和社會問題在內的所有類型的辯論中,讓步和反駁也是很常見的。


When trying to make your point, it's a good idea to first frame the argument. Next, concede a point if applicable. Finally, refute a larger issue.

當你想表達你的觀點時,最好先提出論點。接下來,如果適用的話,讓步一點。最後,反駁一個更大的問題。


Framing the Issue

制定問題框架


Begin by introducing a general belief that you would like to refute. You can use general statements, or speak about specific people that you would like to refute. Here are some formulas to help you frame the issue:

首先介紹一個你想反駁的普遍信念。你可以使用一般性的陳述,或者説一些你想反駁的人。這裏有一些句式可以幫助您構建問題的框架:


Person or institution to be refuted + feel / think / believe / insist / that + opinion to be refuted

被反駁的人或機構++ feel / think / believe / insist / that+被拒絕的觀點


Some people feel that there is not enough charity in the world.

有些人覺得世界上沒有足夠的慈善機構。


Peter insists that we haven’t invested enough in research and development.

彼得堅持説,我們在研究和開發方面投入不足。


The board of directors believes that students should take more standardized tests.

董事會認為學生應該參加更規範的考試。


Making the Concession:

做出讓步:


Use the concession to show that you have understood the gist of your opponent’s argument. Using this form, you will show that while a specific point is true, the overall understanding is incorrect. You can begin with an independent clause using subordinators that show opposition:

用讓步來表明你已經理解了對手論點的要點。使用此句式,您將顯示儘管某個特定點是正確的,但總體理解是錯誤的。你可以從一個獨立的從句開始,使用表示反對的下屬:


While it’s true / sensible / evident / likely that + specific benefit of argument,

雖然這是真的/合理的/明顯的/可能的+具體的利益的爭論....


While it’s evident that our competition has outspent us on, ...

雖然很明顯我們的爭論已經超過了我們……


While it’s sensible to measure students’ aptitudes, ...

雖然衡量學生的能力是明智的,…


Although / Even though / Though it's true that + opinion,

儘管.....是事實+觀點,


Although it's true that our strategy hasn't worked to date, ...

雖然我們的戰略到目前為止還沒有真的奏效,…


Even though it’s true that the country is currently struggling economically, ...

儘管這個國家目前正在經濟上掙扎,這是事實,…


An alternate form is to first concede by stating that you agree or can see the advantage of something in a single sentence. Use concession verbs such as:

另一種形式是在一句話中首先承認你同意或能看到某件事的好處。使用讓步動詞,如:


I concede that / I agree that / I admit that

我認可/我同意/我承認....


Refuting the Point

反駁觀點


Now it’s time to make your point. If you've used a subordinator (while, although, etc.), use your best argument to finish the sentence:

現在是時候表明你的觀點了。如果你使用了從屬連詞(儘管如此,等等),用你最好的論點來完成句子:


it’s also true / sensible / evident that + refutation

這也是真實的/明智的/明顯的+反駁論點


it’s more important / essential / vital that + refutation

更重要的是+反駁論點


the bigger issue / point is that + refutation

更大的問題/要點是+反駁論點


we must remember / take into consideration / conclude that + refutation

我們必須記住/考慮到/得出結論+反駁論點


… it’s also evident that financial resources will always be limited.

…很明顯,財政資源總是有限的。


… the bigger point is that we do not have the resources to spend.

…更重要的是,我們沒有足夠的資源來消費。


… we must remember that standardized testing such as the TOEFL leads to rote learning.

…我們必須記住,像託福這樣的標準化考試會導致死記硬背。


If you've made a concession in a single sentence, use a linking word or phrase such as however, nevertheless, on the contrary, or above all to state your refutation:

如果您在一句話中做出了讓步,請使用一個連接詞或短語,例如,然而,相反地,或者最重要的是,説明您的反駁:


However, we currently do not have that capability.

但是,我們目前沒有這種能力。


Nevertheless, we've succeeded in attracting more customers to our stores.

儘管如此,我們還是成功地吸引了更多的顧客來我們的商店。


Above all, the people's will needs to be respected.

最重要的是,人民的意志需要得到尊重。


Making Your Point

表達你的觀點


Once you’ve refuted a point, continue to provide evidence to further back up your point of view.

一旦你反駁了一個觀點,繼續為其提供證據,進一步回到你的觀點。


It is clear / essential / of utmost importance that + (opinion)

很有必要+觀點


I feel / believe / think that + (opinion)

我認為+觀點


I believe that charity can lead to dependence.

我相信慈善會導致依賴。


I think that we need to focus more on our successful products rather than develop new, untested merchandise.

我認為我們需要更多地關注我們的成功產品,而不是開發新的、未經測試的產品。


It is clear that students are not expanding their minds through rote learning for tests.

很明顯,學生們並沒有通過死記硬背的考試來拓展他們的思維。


Complete Refutations

完全反駁


Let’s take a look a few concessions and refutations in their completed form:

讓我們看一看他們填的表格中的一些讓步和反駁:


Students feel that homework is an unnecessary strain on their limited time. While it's true that some teachers assign too much homework, we must remember the wisdom in the saying "practice makes perfect." It is essential that information we learn is repeated to fully become useful knowledge.

學生們覺得家庭作業對他們有限的時間來説是不必要的壓力。雖然有些老師佈置的作業太多是真的,但我們必須記住“熟能生巧”這句話中的智慧。重要的是,我們學習的信息要重複,才能充分使其成為有用的知識。


Some people insist that profit is the only viable motivation for a corporation. I concede that a company must profit to stay in business. However, the larger issue is that employee satisfaction leads to improved interactions with clients. It is clear that employees who feel they are compensated fairly will consistently give their best.

一些人堅持認為利潤是企業唯一可行的動機。我承認,一家公司要想繼續經營下去必須獲利。然而,更大的問題是,員工滿意度導致與客户的互動得到改善。很明顯,那些認為自己得到了公平補償的員工會始終如一地盡力而為。


More English Functions

更多的英語功能


Conceding and refuting are known as language functions. In other words, language which is used to achieve a specific purpose. You can learn more about a wide variety of language functions and how to use them in everyday English.

讓步和反駁被稱為語言功能。換言之,用於達到特定目的的語言。你可以瞭解更多的語言功能,以及如何在日常英語中使用它們。