職場社交英語 Lesson 56:你現在要怎麼做?
職場社交英語 Lesson 56:你現在要怎麼做?
SCENE③ A 吉娜去找文斯,路過自己的隔間
【你現在要怎麼做?】
Dave: How was Elvin?
戴夫: 艾文還好嗎?
Zina: Hey, look. My 1) admirer has 2) struck again.
吉娜: 嘿,你看。我的仰慕者又出動了。
Dave: Another note? But how? I didn't see anyone!
戴夫: 又有紙條?怎麼會?我沒看到有人啊!
Zina: It's an e-mail. It says, We need to meet. / I'll give you.a sweet treat. / It's not what you think.*
吉娜: 這是封電子郵件。上面寫着:“我們得見面。我會給你甜頭。可別想歪了。”
Dave: Uh-oh. He's 3) heating up. What are you going to do now?
戴夫: 不好嘍。他準備要發動攻勢了。你現在要怎麼做?
Zina: You know what, I think I know who my admirer is.
吉娜: 你知道嗎,我想我知道仰慕我的人是誰了。
Dave: You do? Who?
戴夫: 你知道?是誰?
語言詳解:
: I have been an admirer of yours for many years.
我多年來都是你的愛慕者。
B: Thank you. I feel honored.
謝謝。我感很榮幸。
【You know what 你知道嗎】
這個句型並非疑問句,而是感歎詞,與Listen! 或 Look!“聽着!” 有點相同,是要對方注意聽接下去的話。相似的句子還有 guess what。
A: Did Monica go to the party?
莫妮卡參加了那次聚會沒有?
B: You know what, she turned up at last with a handsome young man.
你知道嗎,她最後和一位帥哥一道出現。
A: You look tired.
你看起來很累。
B: Guess what, I think I need a vacation.
你知道嗎?我想我需要休假。
1) admirer (n.) 仰慕者
2) strike (v.) 出動,攻擊。過去式是 struck。
3) heat up(情況)加壓,加温