老美説爛的但教科書隻字不提的地道美語
Dead end. 死衚衕.
a point at which you can make no further progress in what you are doing 絕境;僵局;死衚衕
We had come to a dead end in our research.
我們的研究工作已陷入絕境.
This line of investigation could prove to be a complete dead end.
這種調查方法到頭來可能是完全沒有結果的.
He's in a dead-end job in the local factory(= one with low wages and no hope of promotion).
他在當地工廠的工作是沒有前途的.
You ask for it! 活該!
It can be a killer.
這是個傷腦筋的問題.
He pushes his luck.
他太貪心了.
It doesn't take much of you time.
這不花你好多時間.
We have no way out.
我們沒辦法.
It was something that happens once in the blue moon.
這是千載難逢的事.
Do you have any money on you?
你身上帶錢了嗎?
Don't get me wrong.
別誤會我.
Come on, be reasonable.
嗨,怎麼不講道理.