各種方式的"後悔"要怎麼説?
我真不該那樣.
I shouldn't have done it.
*用"shouldn't have+過去分詞"表示類似責備或斥責的心情,"不該......"、“"是沒......".
Oh, no! I shouldn't have done it. (哦,不!我要是不那樣就好了.)
What did you do? (你幹什麼了?)
That was a mistake. (那是一個錯誤.)
I blew it. (我失敗了.)
I wish I hadn't done that.
I really screwed up this time. (這次我真的給弄糟了.)
I really messed up. (我給搞糟了.)
I should have known better. (我早該弄清楚一些.)
我要是不説那話就好了.
I shouldn't have said that. *用於説了不該説的話時.
I shouldn't have said that. (我要是不説那話就好了.)
It's too late now. (現在後悔也晚了.)
I wish I wouldn't have said that.
我早該知道了.
I should have known.
He's married. (他已經結婚了.)
I should have known. (我早該知道了.)
I acted like a fool.
I should have known better. (我早該弄清楚了.)
做那種事,我也太不小心了.
It was careless of me to do so. *careless 表示"沒注意的"、"漫不經心的"、"粗心大意的".
It was thoughtless of me to do such a thing.
It was hasty of me to do so.
I was careless. (我太粗心大意了.)
我後悔我做的事.
I regret doing that.
I regret doing that. (我後悔我做的事.)
I know what you mean. (我明白你的意思.)
I regret my action(s).
I repent my action(s).
I am sorry for what I have done.
我別無選擇.
I had no choice.
Why did you drive my car? (你為什麼開我的車?)
I had no choice. (我別無他法.)
I couldn't help it.
I had no other choice.
I had no choice in the matter.
There was nothing else I couldn't have done.
It was my only choice.
我做得太過了.
I went too far. *比較常用的固定短語.
You shouldn't have done that. (你不該那樣做.)
I know, I went too far. (我知道,我做得太過分了.)
I overdid it.
我太緊張了.
I was too nervous. *也可用來辯解.
Did you ask her out? (你約她了嗎?)
No, I was too nervous. (沒有,我太緊張了.)
I was too uptight.
我要是再用功點就好了.
I wish I had studied harder.
I regret not studying harder. (我後悔沒有更努力學習.)
I should have studied harder.
我要是問他一下就好了.
I should have asked him.
I should have asked him. (我要是問他一下就好了.)
Why didn't you? (那你為什麼不問呢?)
I wish I had asked him.
It would have been better to have asked him.
不留神給忘了.
It slipped my mind.
Did you remember to tell her? (你沒忘了告訴她吧?)
Sorry, it slipped my mind. (對不起,我不小心給忘了.)
I just forgot.
I forgot all about it. (我忘得一乾二淨.)