幫你提升英語口語魅力的句子
I hate to burst your bubble.
burst one' s bubble :打破幻想
A: I dream of going to study at Harvard University.
我夢想能到哈佛讀書.
B: I' m sorry to burst your bubble, but your grades are too low. You' ll never get accepted to Harvard.
我抱歉我打碎你的美夢,你分太低,哈佛不會錄取你的.
My little sister thinks that Santa Claus is real. Don' t burst her bubble by telling her that he isn' t.
我妹妹認為聖誕老人是真的,別告訴她那是假的以免她失望.
Alone on the streets you don' t stand a chance.
stand a chance:有機會
He stands a good chance of getting that job. He is very qualified.
他很有機會得到這個工作,因為他很有資格.
You don' t stand a chance of losing weight if you eat at McDonald' s everyday!
你要是天天吃M,是沒可能減肥的.
I' m feelig a little left out.
left out:被遺忘了
I felt left out when Lily forgot to invite me to her birthday party.
Lily忘了生日聚會請我,我覺得自己被遺忘了.
Jason didn' t go camping with us last weekend, so I think he feels left out when we talk about the trip.
Jason上週末沒參加露營,所以當我們談論那次行程的時候感覺他被我們遺忘了.
We' re going to make it Rose.
make it:達到目標
I didn' t think I was going to make it through the exam, it was so hard!
我沒想到能通過考試,太難了!
He went to Hollywood to try and make it as an actor.
他到好萊塢去試試看能不能當個演員.
A strongly worded letter.
strongly worded:語言過激的
After I was fired, I wrote my boss a strongly worded letter.
我被辭之後,我給老闆寫了一封措辭強烈的信.
My dad and I had a strongly worded argument when I told him I wanted to drop out of school.
我告訴爸爸我想輟學時我們大吵了一架.
Don' t say your goodbeys.
不要放棄
I know you' re upset that you didn' t get the part, but don' t say your goodbeys to acting just yet.
我知道你為沒得到角色而煩惱,但現在還不是放棄的時候.
Don' t say your goodbeys to this relationship, I still love you.
不要放棄我們的感情好嗎,我依然還愛着你.
Doesn' t look like you got off to a real good start.
get off to a good start:有了好的開始,開門紅
I really want to get off to a good start at my new job. I hope I don' t make any mistakes at my first week.
我真想讓我的新工作有個好的開始,我可不想頭一個禮拜就出錯.
Annie' s date didn' t get off to a good r came to the restaurant 45 minutes late.
Annie的約會開頭可不太順利,Roger遲到了45分鐘才到餐廳.
he's not calling the shots.
call the shots:負責或管謀事的
You must do what I tell you because I'm calling the shots around here.
我讓你幹啥就幹啥因為這兒我説了算.
Who is calling the shots for your team?
你們隊誰是頭.
's your beef with him.
beef:有過結
eg: Luke will not go to the party with us because he has some kind of a beef with the host. Luke
不會和我們去參加聚會了,因為他和party主人有點過結.
I have a big beef with people who say one thing and do something different.
我很看不上那種心口不一的人.
It fell into my lap.
sth falls into one's lap:天上掉餡餅或意外得到的
My first chance to visit China fell into my lap.
我第一次到中國是個天上掉餡餅的好事.
Fred's new job practically fell into his lap.
Fred的新工作幾乎是天上掉餡餅的大好事.