超實用的日常生活英語口語
Sleep tight 睡個好覺
Good night, sleep tight/ Wake up bright/ In the morning light...
晚安,睡個好覺!清晨起得早,醒來精神好......
Hold it in 憋在心裏
I feel very sad today.
But you look happy.
That is because I'm holding it in.
I hope it doesn't last long.
今天心情好差.
可是你看起來蠻愉快的啊!?
那是因為我憋在心裏.
我希望那不會持續太久.
Keep it inside 放在心裏
I want to tell him that he's a jerk.
You better just keep it inside.
I don't think I can.
If you don't, he will punch you in the mouth.
我要讓他知道他是一個混帳.
你好別説出來.
我不認為我辦得到.
如果你不這麼認為,他會揍你.
drag your feet/heels:to be deliberately slow in doing something or in making a decision 故意拖拉;故意延遲(作出決定)
take something/somebody by storm:to be extremely successful very quickly in a particular place or among particular people 在某處大獲成功;使觀眾等傾動
The play took London by storm. 這部劇很快就風靡倫敦.
windbag:a person who talks too much, and does not say anything important or interesting 誇誇其談的人;空話連篇的人;話匣子
A: You know what? Howard spent hour talking nonsense to me last night.
你知道嗎?霍華德昨晚花了幾個小時跟我講了一大堆廢話.
B: You poor guy! Everyone knows he's a real windbag.
你這個可憐的傢伙!大家都知道他是個很羅哩巴嗦的人.
shy of:lacking the amount that is needed 欠缺;不足;未達到;不夠
He died before Christmas, only a month shy of his 90th birthday. 他在聖誕節前去世了,僅差一個月就滿 90 歲.
behind somebody's back:without somebody's knowledge or permission 揹着某人;背地裏;私下
Have you been talking about me behind my back? 你們是不是在背後説我的閒話?
They went ahead and sold it behind my back. 他們徑自揹着我把它賣了.
get off somebody's back:to stop annoying somebody, for example by criticizing them, or asking them to do something 不再煩擾某人(如停止批評或纏磨等)
Just get off my back, will you! 請別煩我了好嗎!
turn your back on somebody/something:to reject somebody/something that you have previously been connected with 背棄;拋棄
She turned her back on them when they needed her. 他們需要她的時候,她卻背棄了他們.