英协视频:你获聘了9(A few days later)
Episode 9
你获聘了9
A few days later
几天以后
Hi! Welcome to WebWare.
你好!欢迎来到WebWare。
Thanks, nice to see you again.
谢谢,很高兴再次见到你。
You too. So, you said you wanted to come in and have a chat before you started...
我也是。你说你想在入职前来聊一聊……
Yeah, I just wanted to have a look round and ask a few more questions, if I can...
是的,我只想来参观一下,再问几个问题,可以吗……
Sure, fire away!
当然,尽管问吧!
Well, I was delighted to receive the job offer...
好的,我很高兴能得到这个工作机会……
Good – we were delighted to offer it to you...
很好 – 我们也很高兴能把这份工作给你……
But before I sign the contract there were one or two specifics I wanted to talk about.
但我在签合同之前,有一两个细节需要谈一谈。
OK... 'specifics'?
好……“细节”?
Well... there is a pay scale, instead of a fixed salary...
是的……我们是不是有个薪级工资制,而不是采用固定工资制……
Yes, as a new employee you’d be at the lower end of the pay scale.
对,作为新员工,你处于薪级工资的底层。
But taking my experience into account...
但是如果考虑到我的经验……
Well, you haven’t had that much experience – we see you as an investment...
好吧,其实你的经验并不丰富……我们录用你,实际上是一种投资……
But that salary would only be a little more than I’m making now.
但是你们给的薪水只比我现在的工作高出一点点。
So, instead of asking for a higher level on the pay scale, I thought this could be compensated by adding certain bonuses
如果没办法提高薪级,我想是不是可以加上某些奖金作为补偿
- for instance if I make certain sales targets, or even break them, I would be looking for a good cash payment, or stock options in the company.
– 例如:如果我达到了某些销售目标,或者超出了目标,我可以获得一笔奖金,或者公司的期权。
Well, that is something we sometimes offer senior members of staff,
好吧,这种奖励我们有时会提供给资深员工,
but to show good faith I’ll provisionally offer you the bonus scheme –
但是为了表示我们的诚意,我会暂时向你提供奖金计划 –
but I’ll have to okay it with Philip first.
不过我首先需要征得菲利普的同意。
That’s fine. I also see there are 25 days holiday.
那太好了。我还希望有25天的假期。
Yes. That’s standard.
没问题。这是标准待遇。
It’s not very much for a high pressure job though...
不过对于压力很大的工作而言,这个假期时间并不算长……
I can’t offer you any more holiday.
我没有办法给你更多的假期。
No, but I was wondering if we could delay my start date,
好吧,但我想推迟我的入职日期,
so instead of starting a week from now, as we discussed, I could start in a month’s time?
之前我们谈过,我没办法一周以后再入职,能不能改成在一个月内入职?
You’re a tough negotiator, Sarah!
你是个强硬的谈判者,萨拉!
That’s one of the reasons you hired me!
这是你们雇用我的原因之一!
Yes, of course. OK, I think we can do that
是的,当然是。好吧,我想我们可以这么办
– I’ll look forward to seeing you in a month, and earning those bonuses!
– 我希望你在一个月内入职,我也会给你奖金待遇!
http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org.cn/zh-hans/youre-hired/episode-9