當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:用腳掌親吻大地

雙語美文:用腳掌親吻大地

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.08W 次

It was a day in late December.

雙語美文:用腳掌親吻大地

那是十二月末的一天


The Christmas tree had been taken down.

聖誕樹已經從街頭搬走


The lights and decorations had been boxed up

彩燈和裝飾物收回了盒子


and put in the closet

放回櫥櫃裏


until next year.

等着明年再取出來


And I was feeling a little blue.

我感到有些沉鬱


I sure wasn’t looking forward to the long, cold, dark Winter to come.

對於即將到來的漫長,嚴寒,黑暗的冬天,我沒有多少嚮往


I had always been a light lover on the inside.

在我的內心,我一直喜歡光明


I tried to take comfort

我試着安慰自己


in knowing that

因爲我知道


a few more minutes of daylight was being added each day,

每一天,日照的時長都會比昨天多一點


but I still felt tired

但我仍感到疲乏


and run down.

似乎已經被掏空了


I was both surprised and delighted then

沒想到一件事情讓我感到既驚喜又振奮


when I looked out my window

那時,我從窗口看出去


and saw that a Spring like day had suddenly arrived.

發現一個像春天一樣暖和的日子剛剛到來了


The temperatures quickly soared into the sixties

溫度很快升到了華氏60°


and the sun was shining down on the earth

陽光普照大地


with a loving light.

溫暖人心


I could hear the neighborhood children outside playing in the warm air.

天氣暖和了,我能聽到鄰居家的孩子在外面玩耍


I smiled when I saw them

看到他們時,我報以微笑


and my inner child longed to be out there

我內心的小孩也渴望着出門去


riding bikes

去騎自行車


and playing games as well.

去玩遊戲


I leashed my dogs

我給幾條狗栓了狗繩


for their afternoon walk

準備下午帶他們去散步


hoping to enjoy some of the sunshine myself.

希望自己也能享受一些陽光


As I was about to head out the door, however,

可是,當我正準備出門的時候


I decided to do something a little different.

我決定做一點不一樣的事情


I reached down

我蹲下身


and pulled my shoes and socks off.

把自己的鞋子和襪子脫了下來


I hadn’t been barefoot outside since the Summer.

夏天結束以後,我就沒有光着腳出門過了


I slowly stepped out

我慢慢的邁步出門


on the cool, damp grass.

踩在冰涼,溼漉漉的草地上


It felt so alive under my feet.

它們在我腳下,是那樣鮮活


I laughed as I walked along.

我一邊走一邊笑


I remembered something I once read too

想起自己曾讀到過的一句話:


“Walk as if you were kissing the earth with your feet.”

在大地上行走,如同你在用腳掌親吻大地


And with each step I did so.

每踩出一步,我心中都是這樣想


My walk felt sacred and holy.

我感到自己的步子有種聖潔而神聖的意味


I felt a oneness with the world

我感到自己與世界合爲一體


and the love of nature all around me.

感到大自然的愛縈繞在自己周身


With love in my heart

我心中充滿了愛


I thanked nature for the gift of this day

感謝大自然將今天這個禮物送給衆人


and no longer dreaded the Winter to come.

再也不畏懼冬天的到來


All of us are walking through this life.

我們每個人都在穿越自己的人生之路


But it is up to each of us how we do so.

但應該怎麼走,卻是由各人做主


Are you going to stumble and stomp

你會磕磕絆絆,步履沉重


and complain with each step you take?

每邁出一步就抱怨一句嗎


Or

抑或


are you going to kiss the earth with your feet

你選擇用腳掌親吻大地


and nature with your heart?

用心靈親吻大自然?


The choice is yours.

選擇權在你自己手中