當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:仰望日出的鹿

雙語美文:仰望日出的鹿

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.36W 次

I live in the mountains of West Virginia.

ing-bottom: 66.41%;">雙語美文:仰望日出的鹿

我住在弗吉尼亞西部的山區


The curvy, winding roads

山路蜿蜒曲折


and the vast woodlands

山林廣袤


often lead to near misses with the local deer.

車輛長長與山中衝出來的鹿擦肩而過


The other day

有一天


I was driving my son

我開車帶着兒子


to work at the sheltered workshop

送他去工坊幹活


when we saw a deer in the road

我們在公路上看到一隻鹿


that hadn’t been so lucky.

已經沒了生機


The driver in front of me

開在前面的車的司機


suddenly swerved

突然轉向


to avoid hitting the corpse

避免撞到鹿的屍體


and I quickly followed him

我很快做出同樣的操作


jerking the steering wheel

猛地一轉方向盤


to get back in the right lane

想要回到右邊的車道


before the next blind curve.

趕在下一個視野不佳的彎道出現之前


I could see that

我能看到


the way the dead deer was lying between two blind curves

死掉的鹿正躺在兩個視野不佳的彎道中間


we had an accident waiting to happen.

我們很可能在那裏遇到車禍


After dropping my son off

我把兒子送到目的地之後


I hurried back

我趕緊掉頭開回來


and saw the deer was still in the road.

發現那頭死鹿還呆在路上


There was a wide spot

我發現一處寬敞的空地


on the side of the road.

就在路邊


I pulled over.

我停下車


I got out of my car

我下了車


and walked up to where the deer was.

步行走到死鹿躺着的地方


Looking both ways for cars

向兩邊看了一下是否有車輛來去


I ran over to the body.

接着就跑到鹿的屍體旁邊


It was laying in a pool of blood and excrement.

它躺在血泊中間,血泊中還有許多污穢


I reached down

我躬身


and grabbed its broken hind leg.

抓住了它已經摺斷的後腿


I backed up quickly

我很快往後退


dragging it behind me

後面拖着那頭鹿


to the side of the road.

來到了路邊


I looked down at the majestic animal

我低頭看着這體型龐大的動物


as I wiped off my hands in the wet snow by the guardrail .

在護欄邊溼漉漉的積雪中擦乾淨手上的血跡


“So sorry my friend,”

“真對不起,夥伴”


I said to him.

我對那頭鹿說


I sadly walked back to my car

我懷着悲傷走回自己的車


knowing that

知道


the crows, buzzards, and other scavengers

烏鴉,禿鷲,還有其他的食腐動物


would soon take care of the remains.

很快就會把它的遺骸處理乾淨


I was still thinking of that beautiful deer

我一直想着那隻原本美麗的鹿


later in the day

那天晚些時候


when I turned on my computer.

我打開自己的電腦


As it came on

屏幕亮時


I smiled with surprise and delight.

我吃了一驚,欣喜微笑了


I had forgotten what

我已然忘了


my most recent screen saver was:

自己最近設置的屏圖片


a picture of a deer

是一隻鹿


in a field of wild flowers

它站在一叢野花中


staring at the sunrise.

擡頭看着日出


I wondered if

我心想


that deer’s spirit

或許那頭鹿


was in a heavenly meadow right now

此刻已經在某個仙境的草地上


perhaps romping

或許它正在嬉戲


and playing with some of my own furry friends

抑或正在與許多我的毛茸茸的朋友們玩耍


who had passed.

它們都已離我而去


I wondered too

我還在想


about the time I had left here.

自己在這個世間還有多少時間


Would it be days, months, or many years?

是幾天,幾個月,還是許多年?


I shook my head,

我搖搖頭


laughed and decided that

笑着篤信道


it didn’t matter

這無關緊要


just as long as

只要


I lived the time

在餘下的光陰裏


I had left with love, kindness, and joy.

我都懷着愛意,善良和喜悅過下去


May you do the same.

希望你也是如此